Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

ronmarsden

What a great photo of the Scottish horse man, I have never seen a photo of them wearing their badge on the pith helmet. I will need to look out for that in future.

Stewart

Hi Joe,

I have collected the cards over many years from poscard and military fairs.But you do have to sort through a lot of stuff to

find something worthwhile. There are also dealers lists,auction houses and ebay of course.

Here is a card marked 6/7 BW on the reverse,does anyone know who the general is?

Ron.

post-12169-1225035755.jpg

Hello Ron

That last photo looks like Barry Buddon, out side Dundee, I was first there in 1960, then it was wooden huts. When I finished my Military Career in 1990, my last parade was at Barrybuddon, there was a wee bit of a difference in the buildings. But still a few wooden ones left, I now believe they have all been replaced. Good Photo,

Joe

Hello,

I think this photo was taken at Aldershot in 1913-14. I will have a look and see if I can find my copy.

Regards,

Stewart

This is one of my favorite photos taken in 1902,he only looks about 17 and already a lance corporal.Roughly translated

the motto reads;strength and a military ornament.

Ron.

post-12169-1225231758.jpg

Thanks Tom,you might like this one taken in 1907 shame its so grainy.

Ron.

Ron

Very good, I wonder Father and son, I suppose we will never know. excellent Photo

Yours

Joe

Ron,

Post 288 has Willie Fowler looking down to the Boy soldier. Willie Fowler was a Colour Sergeant during the Boer War, is the RSM at Fort George, and serves the entire war with the 1st Battalion as a commissioned officer.

The last photo looks like they could be brothers?

Aye

Tom McC

The names on the revere read. Pte D Carsewell, Pte B Panton, Piper D Shankland, Pte W Shankland, Pte J Dunner,

Stibbles, Lawe, Corp Hulme. There is a shoulder title on view that I think reads T/6/RH. mabye someone will recognise the

names?

Ron.

post-12169-1225563991.jpg

The shoulder belt plate came from an estate sale in the US. Here are a couple of other items the plaid brooch is the 3rd

Forfar (Dundee Highland)Rifle Volunteer Corps 1880-87. It is engraved to the reverse DHRV. The glengarry badge is the

10th Forfarshire Rifle Volunteers The Dundee Highlanders 1882-87.

Ron.

post-12169-1225665910.jpg