Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

I need your help again lads and lassies.

museumtom

Thomas Glynn Bob.

Yet again Fold 3.  Thomas Glynn 7144290 Connaught Rangers died 6/3/1921. One record on FMP  totally confused.

Bob

He looks the right man. Nothing of import on card apart from mother is Maria - address Castlebar. This leads me to suspect he was actually born 1899-1900. Think he was previously 35108 CRs. 35108 was discharged 19/10/20. No cause given on card. 35108 card shows a cancellation of award due to death dated April 1921. Address on this second card is Castle Brough - probably a mis-spelling of Castlebar. 

Edited by Mark1959

Tom,

Re. post #2315, the Royal Engineer - if it's any interest a 39xxxx start to a 6-figure RE number is usually found with men of the Royal Anglesey RE (Special Reserve).  They were based at Kingsbridge Camp, Beaumaris, Anglesey, and sent five formed companies to the war, plus individuals as reinforcements to wherever needed.  At the start of the war they were told to add 39 to their existing 4-figure numbers.  The RARE drew its personnel from a very wide area.

Member Rogin is the authority I usually turn to in matters respecting this unit.  

Clive

Thank you Bob, if you are confused what chance have we all got?

Good man mark, I appreciate it. I agree it is misspelled. I will get digging, fingers crossed!

Than you Clive, every day is a learning day, thank you for that.

Kind regards.

Tom.

1 hour ago, little bob said:

Yet again Fold 3.  Thomas Glynn 7144290 Connaught Rangers died 6/3/1921. One record on FMP  totally confused.

Bob

Good stuff Bob, I used your number and got his MIC is there a record in FMP? If so can you post a link please?

Kind regards.

Tom.

Good lord that is brilliant, I never seen the like. Thank you George, what a find.

Nope I think I am wrong, Mark says his date of discharge is the same as the above sheet, but his reference shows the date of death on it also.

Edited by museumtom

Time up lads and lassies, lets take the rest of the night off. It was a great day. Thank you all for the help, it is not possible without you.

Kind regards.

Tom.

Graham

Effects record shows him probably as 5173990 1st Gloucesters. Discharged 31/3/21. Died 2/8/21. And it is Henry. Family lived at 20 Beeby St, Workington. See top returns here

https://www.findmypast.co.uk/search/results?firstname=harry&firstname_variants=true&keywordsplace=workington%2c cumberland%2c england&keywordsplace_proximity=20&lastname=graham&sourcecountry=great britain&yearofbirth=1900&yearofbirth_offset=0&yearofdeath=1921&yearofdeath_offset=2

Couple of WFA Cards. Do not help much. Date and Cause of death 2/8/21 Gas. Whatever Gas means in this context.

Edited by Mark1959

Excellent stuff Mark, I don't have ancestry, but does it say anywhere he was discharged with V.D.H. please?

Your starter for ten on Henry Graham, on Ancestry, in Fold3 again...

https://search.ancestry.com/cgi-bin/sse.dll?indiv=1&dbid=61588&h=80101&tid=&pid=&usePUB=true&_phsrc=Yiy20661&_phstart=successSource

Name: Henry Graham
Military Service Region: Northern, England
Death Date: 2 Aug 1921
Service Number: 5173990
Regiment: Gloucester Shire
Title: Pension Record Cards
Description: Pension Record Ledger
Reference Number: 2/APD/7089

Also:- https://search.ancestry.com/cgi-bin/sse.dll?indiv=1&dbid=61588&h=818623&tid=&pid=&usePUB=true&_phsrc=Yiy20666&_phstart=successSource

George

Edited by George Rayner

Good man George, a early started! does it say anywhere he was discharged with V.D.H. please?

No Fold3 I'm afraid Tom

and cant find anything else on him

George

Thank you for trying George, I appreciate it.

I have found that Henry Graham's father was Scottish and mother Irish though-if my trail is correct through Census and marriage

George

In Soldiers effects in Ancestry

image.png.3b10605143ed1eadfe64dbe8cef075db.png

George

Excellent finds George, you are very sharp this morning. Thanks again for all your help.

Kind regards.

Tom.

Slow off the marks today. Unfortunately, can find nothing so far to show Henry/Harry Graham was discharged with VDH. Still looking...

Horan is 11301 CRs. Reverse of WFA card says died on 8/3/21 and address is in Derrycooldrim. The card merely says debility attributable without specifying what. 

Discharged 25/11/18. Born 1898.

https://www.fold3.com/image/645037887

Edited by Mark1959