Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

I need your help again lads and lassies.

museumtom

28 minutes ago, museumtom said:

image.png.66cfaa19be24bb401b3ace530cb5a200.png

There is a pension ledger for a #41955 William Patrick Downes, RFA. It doesn't show any additional info.

Another ledger for Killiam Patrick Downs with the same service number. Shows the man was of Prices Street, Fermoy and RFA BSM. No further details.

https://www.westernfrontassociation.com:2061/image/645019929?terms=1019,41955

Craig

Bob says that Downes has a listing in Folder3. If his records do not exist, I reckon folder 3 might be his last hope.

Thanks to Bob and everyone working on him.

Kind regards.

Tom.

1 minute ago, museumtom said:

Bob says that Downes has a listing in Folder3. If his records do not exist, I reckon folder 3 might be his last hope.

Thanks to Bob and everyone working on him.

Kind regards.

Tom.

See my post above that crossed with yours.

Craig

Thank you very much Craig, Yes indeed that is our man. Lived in Herts, Great find Craig, thank you.

I still have hope that somewheres out there the vital sheet might turn up, though.

Edited by museumtom

This shows he was admitted to 28 General Hospital in late 1918 with influenza. Does not get us any further.

MSM in peace Gazette. Card is stamped Salonica. 1914 Star qualifying date is 14/9/14. 

Edited by Mark1959

Thank you for those Mark, it all helps to be sure. If the critical sheet could be found I am sure it would have been found by now though. He will still be remembered with the Irishmen.

Thanks to all who helped with this hard one, I will try not to make it as difficult next time, but no promises!!

Kind regards.

Tom.

Morning Tom,

Name: Denis Kelleher
Birth Date: 1888
Residence Place: Cork
Military Service Region: Ireland, Ireland
Discharge Date: 21 Jan 1919
Service Number: 9082
Regiment: Conn Rangers
Title: Pension Record Cards
Description: Pension Record Ledger
Reference Number: 13/MK/406

This is Fold3 Pension on Ancestry-no access for me so you need another helper!

https://search.ancestry.com/cgi-bin/sse.dll?indiv=1&dbid=61588&h=233296&tid=&pid=&usePUB=true&_phsrc=Yiy21604&_phstart=successSource

George

Kelleher

The WFA card has the same address as the POW record. Gives a YoB of 1888 that seems wrong. Neurasthenia "Due". Looks as though he was badly affected as the level of disability never falls below 60%.  Poor chap. His number has been written as 9082. Discharged 21/1/19

https://www.fold3.com/image/645044264

His MIC is 9082 shows him as PoW, In theatre from 14/8/14. Rolls show 2 Battn. Connaughts,

SWB Roll has enlisted 16/2/07 and age on discharge as 30 years and 35 days which would suggest he lied about his age on attestation.

We seem to have a conflict here. One record says died 1917 and another SWB and discharged 1919. So 2 Denis Kellehers living in same street? Cousins?

Suffice it to say that 9082 is not the chap who died in 1917

Memorial of man who died 1917

https://www.findagrave.com/memorial/179112798

Edited by Mark1959

Excellent research, Mark, it will take a bit of following to to straighten this out. I am on it.

Thanks again for you help Mark, George and Bob. Excellent sleuthing indeed!!

Kind regards.

Tom.

OK so, let us gather our thoughts on this one. 9082 is not our man. I had considered him a possible but your research shows it is not him. Could it be that Denis who died in 1917 he was not in the army at all? That seem to be the only possibility I reckon?

Okay...

9082 Connaught Rangers is Kellcher on FMP as a PoW

9082 2nd Connaught Rangers is Kelleher on FMP as a PoW

9082 2nd C R D Kelleher arrived in Holland from Germany in October 1918 for internment

...as well as 9028 Kelleher POW from 1914

George

Edited by George Rayner

Thanks George this confirms my suspicions, he was alive after 1917 so it is not him.

Thanks George!

OK guys and gals, we did him before and was accepted by IFCP, no 146898. Back to your comfortable settees and slippers!!

Kind regards.

Tom.

Thank you Mark, I was hoping that it would say due or agg in there. However Bob mentioned a page that has in pencil 'colitis due' so happy days, he is off to Terry for consderation.

Thanks again Mark and Bob!!

Kind regards.

Tom.

Edited by ss002d6252
edited by mod

Good to be back lads and lassies. Can you help with this one please? He was a Corporal and served with the R.D.F. I reckon he might be

https://search.findmypast.co.uk/record?id=GBM%2FWO363-4%2F007397912%2F00403&parentid=GBM%2FWO363-4%2F7397912%2F35%2F403

But there is nothing in his records that show what he was discharged with. He may not even be the right lad at all but he was the only one I could find in FMP that was a possible contender. Can you help please?

Kind regards.

Tom.

image.png.941471850eacd3b308ccc7862356ec5e.png

4 minutes ago, museumtom said:

Good to be back lads and lassies. Can you help with this one please? He was a Corporal and served with the R.D.F. I reckon he might be

https://search.findmypast.co.uk/record?id=GBM%2FWO363-4%2F007397912%2F00403&parentid=GBM%2FWO363-4%2F7397912%2F35%2F403

But there is nothing in his records that show what he was discharged with. He may not even be the right lad at all but he was the only one I could find in FMP that was a possible contender. Can you help please?

Kind regards.

Tom.

image.png.941471850eacd3b308ccc7862356ec5e.png

Don't think it's the same man - 19 in Oct 1914 in the service record, 29 in Aug 1920 on the death cert.

Craig

Gotcha, thank you Craig. 

Edited by museumtom