Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Forum nationality

Liam

Guest DerMann

I live in a town just north of Houston, Texas. I would like to live in England though (even though I'd have to give up my K98 and Webley Mk.VI)).

Originally Bournemouth, England. Now in Monroe, Georgia USA

I live in a town just north of Houston, Texas. I would like to live in England though (even though I'd have to give up my K98 and Webley Mk.VI)).

Strange but true,in North Lincolnshire we had a US "veteran" who turned up after reinventing himself and was found to have brought in enough personal weaponry to arm a guerrilla force.

He must have heard about them Indians in the Wolds.

Bedfordshire, originally London, forebears from Wiltshire, Somerset, Northumbria & Yorkshire

Ethnic "Geordie" now living in the South East.

And why, praytell do they call you Pooter, Pooter? :blink: That could be considered cruel by some! :ph34r:

Central New York State, close to Canada and the Great lakes, far away from New York City and the teeming millions.

Ralph

One of the teeming millions from New York City

Jon

British by birth, ENGLISH by the 'grace of God'

(That should put the cat among the pigeons)

Is that Tam Deil Malcolm? :D

No - Deil and Pascoe......

North American of Afican, American-Indian, British, French, German, Scottish, etc. background, born on a Menominee Indian Reservation in Wauwatosa, Wisconsin. Can only trace my mother's side, the Huntington family to 1200 A.D. in England and my father's side, the Booker family to 1500 A.D. England as well, unable to go back further. Three Huntington brothers came to the American Colony of Connecticut in 1633 A.D. and the Bookers came to Hampton Roads, Virginia Colony in the 1700's to work the tobacco crop and they migrated to North Carolina and then to Alabama. My great-uncle Harry Clifford Huntington died in France in 1919 a victim of the flu epidemic while serving with the 32nd (Wisconsin) Infantry Division. More than half of my male relatives served in both military and naval branches in all of the wars in pre-Revolutionary America and post-revolutionary as well; on both sides during the War Between the States (1861-1865), Spanish-American War of 1898, 1917-1918, 1941-1945, 1950-1953, 1960-1975, 1991, and presently too. :) Sarge Booker

post-11255-1141437502.jpg

Let's see, Australian citizen with an Australian mother, an English father, a Turkish wife (though born in Belgium while her father was a migrant worker in the coal mines), living in what until 1915 was a Greek majority village on the Gallipoli Peninsula. I haven't got enough feet for all the camps.

Cheers

Bill

Guest angryhamster

Hi,

I am a Turkish citizen, with one side of my family migrating back to Turkey from Bulgaria and the other from Salonika in Greece after the Balkan Wars, born in Belgium, married to an Australian, living in what was the Ottoman Greek village of Maidos (now Eceabat) on the Gallipoli Peninsula, in a country that is 90 percent located in Asia wanting to join the EU. Makes sense to me.

Bestest

Serpil

Caryl, NEARLY an Australian, oh well what the hell that's close enough to be an Australian!

I have relatives that live in Wallen, near Melbourne.

I visited them when they lived in both Pascoe Vale and Glenroy.

Does that count? :D

Connie's very clever.

And Pte, I s'pose visiting counts, it's even better than nearly coming to Australia to live.

Do you mean Wallan?

Guest Bill Woerlee

Sheree

G'day matess

Connie's very clever.

Yeah, that would be so if Connie were not a sad 69 yo male pretending to be someone else rather than himself. It is the only way he can post here and spend his time stalking others.

Cheers

Bill

Scottish, but living in Brazil and working in Trinadad and Venezuela.

And Pte, I s'pose visiting counts, it's even better than nearly coming to Australia to live.

Do you mean Wallan?

I bow to your "National" knowledge.

I've always used the "E" spelling, but I see it should actually be spelled with an "A". Still, not to worry. :D

As for nearly living there, my parents started the emmigration procedure back in 1978, just after a visit, when my Uncle was living in Pascoe Vale. But they decided not to, as it would have meant leaving my elderly Grandparents.

:blink: Crikey, That was close... :lol:

Wales, but living in Singapore.

Singapore is just the best place I've ever visited.

I've been a couple of times, in connection with my job.

I would REALLY like to live there. B)

Bill

You blew Connie's cover right out of the water. I hope you're right and she's not a lovely clever lady called Connie. It's not that banned Pat bloke is it?

Pte. Crikey that was close!

A u s t r a l i a A u s t r a l i a A u s t r a l i a A u s t r a l i a A u s t r a l i a A u s t r a l i a

Singapore is just the best place I've ever visited.

I've been a couple of times, in connection with my job.

I would REALLY like to live there. B)

We had three nights there November before last: superb but bizarre, shops and streets celebrating Christmas fit to bust, in the mid-eighties F, but so clean, so polite, so affordable . Loved it. Will return.