Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Forum nationality

Liam

This is probably a question for Chris but now that we have over 11000 members it would be interesting to know where in the world forum members live and which countries are covered.

I have seen posts from the UK, Ireland, Belgium, France, USA, Canada, New Zealand, Germany and even Japan to name but a few.

Apologies if this question has already been raised but I guess the answer is changing every day.

Liam

England

Roy

I can see that I am going to end up with 11000 replies here and get in the guiness book of records for the longest forum thread in history!

Malcolm - I will have a wild stab in the dark at Scotland - do I win a prize?

Liam

Keep them coming.

Lets see if we can beat Egbert's grandad's chest!

Liam

I was thinking exactly the same thing myself yesterday and was also going to post about it.

On a cold day last December I was by myself at Tyne Cot. Eventually another guy turned up with his wife. He was a Kiwi and both his GD amd GGD fought in the GW together, which was interesting. More interesting for me was that he turned out to be a teacher from my old school in Auckland.

I told him about the GWF and LLT but I don't know whether he ever joined. I would be able to work this oput if we knew the nationalities of the pals.

Steve

I see the gratuitous upping of posts has started. :D

zoo

Oh... England

I just wanted to make the point that I am genuinely interested to find out the spread of members and how many countries are covered and not just to attempt to beat the world record.

Liam

I just wanted to make the point that I am genuinely interested to find out the spread of members and how many countries are covered and not just to attempt to beat the world record.

Liam

Liam

The vast majority here are from the British Isles.

Wouldn't it have been better to ask where the oversea's members were from?

Liam

The vast majority here are from the British Isles.

Wouldn't it have been better to ask where the oversea's members were from?

Fair point Beppo. Maybe in hindsight best approach would have been to say that we already know that we have members from the UK, Canada, France, Belgium, USA, Mongolia, Japan etc and ask where else we have people.

Liam

PS too young to understand the joke earlier (under 40)

You forgot Us. The Aussies.

There are at least 14 that I can bring to mind straight away,and not including one who has many aliases.

Cheers

Kim

Sorry Kim - genuine mistake. Didn't mean to leave the Aussies out.

I see the gratuitous upping of posts has started. :D

бурхан оршоо бутын чинээ сахал урга

I can see that I am going to end up with 11000 replies here and get in the guiness book of records for the longest forum thread in history!

Malcolm - I will have a wild stab in the dark at Scotland - do I win a prize?

Liam

OOww. Give the man a coconut or a big cigar!!

and what about the KIWIS!!!!

Aye

Malcolm