Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Forum nationality

Liam

Hello

not every one wants to put where they are from - it shows on some details but not others - shame because its handy if you are after some local knowledge

Ian

Yorkshire

Before anyone says that Yorkshire is not a country.....it should be ;)

""Never ask a man if he comes from Yorkshire. If he does he will tell you. If he does not, why humiliate him?" - Canon Sydney Smith (scholar and humorist 1771-1845)

I'm from Yorkshire too. Hull actually and YES it is part of Yorkshire. And I liked the Sydney Smith quote; it's a great quote but I also went to Sydney Smith school, so you learn something new every day! Currently exiled in Milan though.

Neil.

Yorkshire

Before anyone says that Yorkshire is not a country.....it should be ;)

""Never ask a man if he comes from Yorkshire. If he does he will tell you. If he does not, why humiliate him?" - Canon Sydney Smith (scholar and humorist 1771-1845)

Beppo et al,

My lifestyle has often been described as 'alternative', however, Mrs Roxy is a lady and I'm not!

Hope this clarifies any confusion. ;)

Roxy

(known to his Mum as Stuart!)

So, Stuart, are you going to spill the beans about where the "Roxy" handle comes from. Or shall I wait until the NW Pals get-together (if ever it comes off), if it's an "alternative private" sort of thing? :D

John

(PS: I entirely blame my parents for my handle)

What a relief! I've been there so I hope I can still keep my chin up!

I must admit it looks lovely in the rain.

Gloria

To paraphrase what Sir William Harcourt said in.1889: "We are all Europeans now" :D

Beppo - I'm sure Roland and I will agree that we'll consider ourselves as European when President Chirac drives to the Parc des Princes (on the left hand side of the road, naturellement) to watch Michael Vaughan hit the winning run in the inaugral France v England test series.

Until that day, I'm British, thanks.

B)

Beppo - I'm sure Roland and I will agree that we'll consider ourselves as European when President Chirac drives to the Parc des Princes (on the left hand side of the road, naturellement) to watch Michael Vaughan hit the winning run in the inaugral France v England test series.

Until that day, I'm British, thanks.

B)

Ciao Stefano

I was, of course, speaking in a purely personal capacity. I would far rather be "in Europe" than in the trenches.

I do, of course, realise that you are a lost case. As is Rolando :D

PS

Are you Roland's mystery (alleged?) friend? :blink:

PS

Are you Roland's mystery (alleged?) friend? :blink:

I am afraid I am neither in a position to confirm this presumption, nor to deny it. Suffice to say that I went to a fairly exclusive boys' High School in Cambridge; not, I suspect, the sort of educational establishment that a young Roland would have frequented.

However, I do remember that, on occasion, we were allowed to play with the poorer boys from the town......

I am afraid I am neither in a position to confirm this presumption, nor to deny it. Suffice to say that I went to a fairly exclusive boys' High School in Cambridge; not, I suspect, the sort of educational establishment that a young Roland would have frequented.

My mistake Steven.

I had supposed that Roland had been your fag, :D but it now looks as if he was merely your batman

Which regiment was it? My guess would be "The Blues".

PS

I went to a good school as well. So good that it was "approved".

My mistake Steven.

I had supposed that Roland had been your fag, :D but it now looks as if he was merely your batman

PS

I went to a good school as well. So good that it was "approved".

Bet it's been reformed since then ;)

Sydney, Australia.

As one of our former Prime Minsters said: "If you live in Australia, but not in Sydney, then you're just camping out."

Gareth

Sydney, Australia.

As one of our former Prime Minsters said: "If you live in Australia, but not in Sydney, then you're just camping out."

Gareth

I thought the quote ended "Camping it up"?

Oh very funny......... :o

Beppo we will be back..... ;)

Roland.

British