Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Forum nationality

Liam

In an earlier reply, I sent a one word response - Canada. To expand a bit, my mum is English, from Croydon. Dad was one of those wild Canadians who showed up in 1939 in the UK, much to the consternation of English parents. Actually his father was from Maine, so I guess there is a bit of the republic also flowing in my veins.

Guest Bill Woerlee

Sheree

G'day matess

After being banned here over 17 times with his crusade against those immoral beings who dare to question the holy trinity of Mr Bean the father, Biggles the son and the Holy Goat, he infested the Australian Light Horse Forum and decided that there was a great place for a new holy crusade of correctness. It was there he fell in love with me. As the song goes:

I will follow Him

Follow Him wherever He may go,

And near Him, I always will be

For nothing can keep me away,

He is my destiny.

This is the anthem of the cyberstalker. It is a love affair that cannot have a name. :)

Cheers

Bill

at least Melbourne is BIG enough to be seen in a rear view mirror. Caberra, blink and you'll missit.

In the late 19th century the civic fathers of Melbourne legislated to ensure that it would remain the most livable and loveable. The created the Melbourne freat trunk sewage system, and banned Federal Parliament and associated public servants from within 150 miles of the GPO. This resulted in 2 new cities, Werribee to handle the first, and Canberra to accommodate the latter.

Hmmmm. I went to Canberra once - It was closed!

Have you noticed the similarity between Werribee & Canberra?

My dog is a German Shepherd/Border Collie cross living in Oz. Does that count?

Guest Bill Woerlee

Barnsey

G'day mate

Connie aka Pat Gavin mentioned "Caberra" rather than "Canberra" - Caberra is a small village in Mexico while the other is a thriving metropolis. Now either Pat cannot spell or he has never been to Canberra.

Hmmmm. I went to Canberra once - It was closed!

Hmmm, a Noah's Ark mate. :)

Obviously you had no idea that the place is opened 24/7. But that's okay. Most people don't.

Now back to your Melon Collie.

Cheers

Bill

Liam:

You started this and only you can finish it .... go for a POLL and just pick the 7 continents to start.

I have seen posts from the UK, Ireland, Belgium, France, USA, Canada, New Zealand, Germany and even Japan to name but a few.

Milton Ontario Canada

my Google earth link - I am the 4th house in from the corner of Vanier and Hawthorne and the Ivey Arms and Ned Divines (good Guinness in both) are within walking distance - not a unique event in Canada!

Richard's House in Milton - Cold Beer in the Garage!

Hope to see you this summer ....

Guelph, Ontario, Canada

My parents are from Northern Ireland and Scotland, so lots of family served/serving in the UK forces.

Is that fair dinkum, Bill? The stalker loves you and follows you around? That amuses me.

Sort of like a prosthetic parasite.

Did I mention that I live in Australia?

Military brat born in Cyprus and resident in the leafy Cotswolds.

Rob

Is that fair dinkum, Bill? The stalker loves you and follows you around? That amuses me.

Sort of like a prosthetic parasite.

Did I mention that I live in Australia?

:P

Roland.

post-6634-1141660292.jpg

Guest Bill Woerlee

Roland

You may well post that picture as a "Once in a Century Event" but if we feted our cricketers like England did when they actually won a test series, no one would find the time to do anything else in Oz - it would be one continuous celebration.

Now how is that test series going in India ...

"The final day provided a searching examination of Andrew Flintoff's captaincy credentials.

And it was clear he still has plenty to learn after being handed the job at short notice following Michael Vaughan's return home because of a knee injury.

He failed to vary his tactics during the afternoon session and some of his field placings were questionable as Jaffer and Dravid collected ones, twos and an occasional boundary pretty much as they pleased. "

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/cricket/england/4775472.stm

Onya Freddy!

:lol:

Cheers

Bill

Normalement - Angleterre!

Brave Little Belgium on the battlefield of Broodseinde ridge: 7 th division 1914 + ANZACS 1917

Englands fast bowlers astonish the Indians

:lol::lol::lol:

I really needed a happy moment this morning, that was just the ticket.

Thanks Beppo.

Four months in Plymouth, eight in al Amarah in good ole Mesopotamia.

Would dearly love to send in a few piccies of the glorious countryside but, funny old thing, there isn't any.

Greg

Guest Bill Woerlee

Greg

G'day mate

I feel for you. Being the parent of a daughter whose squeeze is on alert to have a tour to Iraq, I have learned that not only does a soldier go but so too does a whole village.

However, on the up side, I do have a pic of the Iraqi countryside for you.

post-7100-1141753127.jpg

This pic was taken on 17 December 2005 - I am not sure if anyone knows what the sign refers to? ;)

Cheers

Bill

- I am not sure if anyone knows what the sign refers to? ;)

Cheers

Bill

The surf , the sharks or the errr riots.... :unsure:

Roland.

Guest Tanner188

Just looked at this for the first time, took me ages to go through, I dont see any Icelandic.

Dads half that, the rest is from Hull and Grimsby. My Mums from Retford, Notts. and I was born in Cuxhaven Germany. Now we are all in Gainsborough.

Richard

This pic was taken on 17 December 2005 - I am not sure if anyone knows what the sign refers to? ;)

Cheers

Bill

This is about the third caption I have seen on this photo bill. The photo has been doing the rounds of the army for some time now.

Rgds

Tim

Hazell/Roland

If the Australians didn't play cricket there would be no competition for the English to win, without us you wouldn't have won anything, we were everything to your win. Everything!

A U S TR A L I A ! You are everything to everyone!

Did I mention that I am from Australia? Sorry if I repeat myself, it just feels so good saying it.