Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Forum nationality

Liam

In the old cemetery in Pretoria, South Africa, a marble gravestone commemorates two persons buried in the same grave:

tombstone.jpgThis Bible text was taken from Matthew 10 verse 39, and relates to verse 36 which reads: "and a man will find his enemies under his own roof". That is where these two officers found their enemies: amongst their colleaugues and friends.

• 4 weeks later...

Milano, Italy

The People's Democratic Republic of Maghull, Merseyside.

Bruce

Trust you Bruce to bring p******s into it,

Me Gods own Country Yorkshire.

Cheers Roger.

I too am from God's own County, but as a punishment for former sins I am exiled in Hampshire, My sentence should expire within the next three and a half years. Counting.

Keith

I thought that this thread had been closed long ago but here it is again like a long lost friend!

The results to date are as follows

England 64

USA 12

Australia 11

Scotland 7

Canada 6

Belgium 3

Wales 2

Holland 2

Rep of Ireland 2

France 2

Turkey 2

Mongolia 1

Spain 1

Thailand 1

Sweden 1

Singapore 1

Brazil 1

The Phillapines 1

Greece 1

South Africa 1

Italy 1

N Ireland 1

So thats 22 countries represented so far although as expected the majority of the 124 from the UK

Only another 10866 more to go!

Liam

Hi

Add mine to Australia, albeit with a Scottish history

Go Queenslander!!

regards

Robert

I thought that this thread had been closed long ago but here it is again like a long lost friend!

The results to date are as follows

England 64

USA 12

Australia 11

Scotland 7

Canada 6

Belgium 3

Wales 2

Holland 2

Rep of Ireland 2

France 2

Turkey 2

Mongolia 1

Spain 1

Thailand 1

Sweden 1

Singapore 1

Brazil 1

The Phillapines 1

Greece 1

South Africa 1

Italy 1

N Ireland 1

So thats 22 countries represented so far although as expected the majority of the 124 from the UK

Only another 10866 more to go!

Liam

Liam

Time to put New Zealand on the map.

I know that there are a few of us down here.

Tony

Kay, number 8 stepping forward.

peter

G'day

Sydney, Australia

and I am sure there are more Aussies.

Regards

Pop

(Sean McManus)

My wife was born in southern Ireland but is now British. I was born in Britain but now have dual British/Luxembourg nationality.

My eldest daughter was born in Scotland, my younger in England and my son in Luxembourg (he now has dual nationality).

My son's wife is British born in Belgium (and is taking Luxembourg nationality as well as British) and his two girls are British/Luxembourgish.

My wife was born in southern Ireland but is now British. I was born in Britain but now have dual British/Luxembourg nationality.

My eldest daughter was born in Scotland, my younger in England and my son in Luxembourg (he now has dual nationality).

My son's wife is British born in Belgium (and is taking Luxembourg nationality as well as British) and his two girls are British/Luxembourgish.

Liam,

Simple. Just add a new line called "Citizens of the World". :lol:

Ian.

Half English - half Welsh originally, but have now lived outside the UK for just over half of my 44 years (5 in Germany and the last 17.5 in Greece). Couldn't imagine ever going back to live in the UK now, so put me down as "European".

Adrian

I'm still English. Despite all temptation, I still belong to no other nation...

English born, 26 years in England but now 27 years in Germany. Not sure I would want to live in England any more either so not sure where that puts me in the nationality stakes. Dairy Milk and Bird's custard still beats the rest of the world so I suppose that decides it - still an old Sheffield man at heart.

Jim

I'm still English. Despite all temptation, I still belong to no other nation...

Steven,

Am I correct to assume that the temptation is your Avatar? If so, give in to it!!!

Ian.

Liam,

Simple. Just add a new line called "Citizens of the World". :lol:

Ian.

Actually, we call ourselves European.

We aren't the most complicated. I know one family where every member is a different nationality and used to know one boy who had three nationalities and passports.

On a serious note, if there is one subject on which there should be a world conference and no diplomat should ever be allowed near it is the subject of nationality. The whole thing is a complete shambles (British law varies between a farce and iniquity - the only country that is deliberately building up stateless people).

No diplomats (or Home Offices come to that) as they give themselves an 'out' (any diplomats child wherever born has the nationality of the home country) and Home Office people are simply not affected and don't have a clue about the complications that easily arise.

Steven,

Am I correct to assume that the temptation is your Avatar? If so, give in to it!!!

Ian.

I would, but Mrs B said "Non"

UK National, German Resident (11 years).

mb