Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Birth Location please lads and lassies

museumtom

Yes indeed Craig, I am sure at this stage we have it nailed. A difficult one but a great group effort!!

If anyone is on ancestry, take a look at this record for a "John Delamere". It may not be correct (soldier born in Southampton), but this soldier deserted in March 1916. Army Service Corps (same as his father), Army Pay Corps and Royal Warwicks Regt. A possible for the J Delamare on the Soldier Effects records? Someone to dismiss at least.

If my post disappeared it has nothing to do with me lads.

Here it is again.

Thank you all!

Grace.jpg

1 hour ago, wandererpaul said:

If anyone is on ancestry, take a look at this record for a "John Delamere". It may not be correct (soldier born in Southampton), but this soldier deserted in March 1916. Army Service Corps (same as his father), Army Pay Corps and Royal Warwicks Regt. A possible for the J Delamare on the Soldier Effects records? Someone to dismiss at least.

Some similarities, but some differences.

Treated in  Dublin, but not for the usual sort of 'war wound'.

And claims to be 35, born in Southampton but with no Next of Kin.

Previous service with the Dorsets and Warwicks Regiment.

I had considered him initially Dai, but like yourself found too many things that did not click.

How about the unfindable officer son of Benjamin Poyntz Young in the article below? He died in Ocober 1914. I tried on CWGC (I assumed he was a officer, but I am open unassume in an instant), and ODGW without success.

If ye can help I would be very grateful.

Kind regards.

Tom.

Young.jpg

Here the family are in the Census in 1901.

http://www.census.nationalarchives.ie/pages/1901/Mayo/Knocknalower/Carnhill/1581218/

Edited by museumtom

6 minutes ago, museumtom said:

I had considered him initially Dai, but like yourself found too many things that did not click.

How about the unfindable officer son of Benjamin Poyntz Young in the article below? He died in Ocober 1914. I tried on CWGC (I assumed he was a officer, but I am open unassume in an instant), and ODGW without success.

If ye can help I would be very grateful.

Kind regards.

Tom.

Young.jpg

Here the family are in the Census in 1901.

http://www.census.nationalarchives.ie/pages/1901/Mayo/Knocknalower/Carnhill/1581218/

Nothing obvious in the effects records - unless he wasn't an officer.

Craig

That's enough for now lads and lassies, take the rest of the night off. If ye only knew, if ye only knew......I have a donkey load of these unfindables. Irritating ones that wiggle their finger at you, taunting you saying 'You aint gonna find me!' So I stick them into the unfindables folder. I am sure you could write a creepy movie script with this!

I am in your debt lads and lassies, a pair of willing hands, that's what makes the world go round.

Thank you again.

Kind regards.

Tom.

IPT, brilliant!! Go to the top of the class, I was looking in October, I never thought of September. There's that lateral thinking for you.

Great stuff.

Kind regards.

Tom.

One more if I may please. Can you shed any light on this lad please? I cannot find in in FMP, CWGC, or SDGW.

Can you help please?

Kind regards.

Tom.

O'Leary.jpg

23 minutes ago, museumtom said:

One more if I may please. Can you shed any light on this lad please? I cannot find in in FMP, CWGC, or SDGW.

Can you help please?

Kind regards.

Tom.

O'Leary.jpg

Real name was Thomas Wall
Capture.JPG

Craig

Good Lord, you made that look so easy! Thanks lads and lassies. You are way too fast for me, well done and thank you kindly. One question please, is O'Leary his alias?

Kind regards.

Tom.

1 minute ago, museumtom said:

Good Lord, you made that look so easy! Thanks lads and lassies. You are way too fast for me, well done and thank you kindly. One question please, is O'Leary his alias?

Kind regards.

Tom.

Yes

Craig

Unburden your donkey at will! 

Than you Craig! That's one more to put to bed. I will put up some more later if I may? The elite crew on this page should be able to find the unfindable, as they have done in the past. Do you know something? I don't think there were any that gave ye any real difficulty. This shows the incredible experience and ability of the pals of this forum, thank you very much indeed for all your help.

Kindest regards.

Tom.

1 minute ago, museumtom said:

Than you Craig! That's one more to put to bed. I will put up some more later if I may? The elite crew on this page should be able to find the unfindable, as they have done in the past. Do you know something? I don't think there were any that gave ye any real difficulty. This shows the incredible experience and ability of the pals of this forum, thank you very much indeed for all your help.

Kindest regards.

Tom.

Post away Tom - collective working is what cracks them.

Craig

Chimpanzees, typewriters, and Hamlet! :)

'

Chimpanzees, typewriters, and Hamlet!

' I've created a monster!'

Just now, museumtom said:

'

Chimpanzees, typewriters, and Hamlet!

' I've created a monster!'

Think it's a monster already ? - wait until the day you don't post and see what we do then.

It's like the morning crossword - perhaps a section in the Times or Guardian ?

Craig