Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Birth Location please lads and lassies

museumtom

I strained my brain without success on this one. Can I find where he was born?, can I 'eck!

Heffernan James Considine.

http://www.cwgc.org/find-war-dead/casualty/154896/CONSIDINE, HEFFERNAN JAMES

Can you help please, I have looked on the BMD Index and FMP. His birth location eludes me big time. 

Any and all help would be very much appreciated.

Thanking all kindly in advance.

Tom/.

Kilkenny Families in the Great War

Considine Heffernan James 4/R Ir Regt (+)N/ ACapt Tralee, Co KY 3/10/1883 Derk, Co LK KIA 27/10/1916 F&F

Gentleman; reared at Newpark, KK City from the age of four, as his father was stationed there w/ the RIC as RM, 1887-1900; a student at Beaumont College, Old Windsor, as of Mar 1901, together w/ his ygrbros, Talbot (qv) & Christopher (qv); comm'd 2Lt, 5th Bn (Militia) R Ir Regt, at KK, 28/2/1903; DOR Lt, 5th Bn, 19/8/1907; DOR Capt, 4th Bn, 19/9/1912 (5th Bn having been redesignated 4th Bn in 1908 w/the conversion of the Militia into the SR, and remained at KK Bks); upon his father's death in 1912, he resigned his commission, effective from 21/6/1913, to take over the estate at Derk; rejoined the Army as a Capt, 22/3/1915, and rejoined his old unit, 4th Bn R Ir Regt; attd to 2nd Bn in F&F, as of at least Sep 1916; w/ 4th Bn again at Fermoy in Feb 1916 when he sentenced Pte John Brophy, R Ir Regt, regt'l no 5465to five days confinement for insolence to 2Lt F.G. Ekins, R Ir Regt on 16/12/1915; had retd to 2nd Bn and was i/c of 8th Plt of B Coy during the Sep 1916 Battle for Ginchy and during the initial advance of 2Sep his plt became cut-off from the rest of the Coy and suffered heavy losses in rejoining the Bn; as of 2/10/1916 he was a patient in 14th Gen Hosp, Wimereux, w/ severe pyrexia, and was disch to duty,13/10/1916; killed by trench mortar fire and the day after his death news arrived that he had been awarded the MC for his actions at Ginchy (For conspicuous gallantry in action. He handled his company [sic] with great courage and skill, maintaining his position under intense fire for 48 hours); bur in Kemmel Chateau Military Cemetery, Belgium, grave X. 34; age 33 yrs; his spinster sis, Elizabeth (See App A)received a War Office telegram at Derk, informing her of his death a mere two days later, 29/10/1916; pts - Sir Heffernan F.J.J. & Emily Mary (née Talbot) Considine, who left KK in 1900 for D (Farm Hill,Dundrum), where Sir Heffernan assumed duties as Deputy Inspector-General of the RIC until his death in 1912; uncle - St John Considine, was the local government board auditor for Thomastown Unionduring the Great War yrs; other siblings - Frank (qv), Mary (b WX, 1882; m Maj E.C. Lloyd, 1st Bn R Ir Regt, at St Mary's, Cadogan St, London, 1/3/1916; Lloyd commanded 1st Bn in 1915 and in the immediatepost-war period), Matilda (See App A), Anne Eliza Frances Mary ‘Leila’ (b KK City, 1889), & St John Power (See App A).

Edited by IPT

Thank you kindly Craig and IPT, I have the Kilkenny book but it did not give the birth location, can you post a link to the Tralee listing please?

I knew if it could be found it would be a pal that would find it!

Kind regards.

Tom;

OK IPT I got it, they would have to spell it incorrectly, what chance did I have? You are a gent for sourcing this, thank you sincerely, and thank you also Craig!

Kindest regards.

Tom.

Its me again lads and lassies, scourge as me Ma used to call me. May I please have some help once again?

I am convinced that the lad below is Irish, possibly from Dublin, but try as I might I cannot find anything that links him to Ireland. Can you help once again please?

http://www.cwgc.org/find-war-dead/casualty/1545464/

Thanking you very much indeed in advance.

Kind regards.

Tom.

Hang on, he was a teacher in a school in North Wales, thats all I got

Thank you Mel and Ralph,intersting finds!,  what is 

Ireland Casualties of the Great War

please?

Brillian stuff, you guys are tops, thank you kindly indeed. Dai, it does look like Classical Master,Ruthin School.

Kindest regards and thank ye all again.

Tom.

When you are good you are good, your deserve praise.

Kind regards.

Tom.

Hello again Pals. 

This man is another mystery. All I need is a date of death. I tried the Irish Geneaogy site for a death cert without success. Dooley, Patrick, son of John Dooley, Granagh, Ardrahan, County Galway, died after discharge (discharged 02/08/1916 with TB at Dublin). Royal Irish Fusiliers, Pte, 17010, (previously 1457, Royal Irish Regiment). Enlisted Clonmel. Born 1889 at Ardrahan, Gort, County Galway.

Can you help me please?

Kind bregards.

Tom.

Dooley.jpg

2 hours ago, museumtom said:

Hello again Pals. 

This man is another mystery. All I need is a date of death. I tried the Irish Geneaogy site for a death cert without success. Dooley, Patrick, son of John Dooley, Granagh, Ardrahan, County Galway, died after discharge (discharged 02/08/1916 with TB at Dublin). Royal Irish Fusiliers, Pte, 17010, (previously 1457, Royal Irish Regiment). Enlisted Clonmel. Born 1889 at Ardrahan, Gort, County Galway.

Can you help me please?

Kind bregards.

Tom.

Dooley.jpg

The effects records show he died after discharge but don't give the date - the only thing they do indicate is that he died before 29/8/1918 (as that was the first payment made to his father) but that adds nothing to what we already have.

Craig

Edited by ss002d6252

Thank you kindly Craig, you are a gentleman. He must have died before the issue of Probate on 22/07/1918.

Kind regards.

Tom.

Edited by museumtom

43 minutes ago, museumtom said:

Thank you kindly Craig, you are a gentleman. He must have died before the issue of Probate on 22/07/1918.

Kind regards.

Tom.

Thanks Tom - I've had a look around and I can't see any death either. I fi get a chance I'll take another look later.

Craig