Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Great War Forum Conference 24th March 2012

AlanCurragh

Ayesha will be there. Since she will be unchaperonned, I expect the very best of behaviour from you all.

I will be on my way back from the Somme that day, so will go straight to Hagley Road.

I will be sober.....but not sure all you guys will!

Please bring Ayesha home in pristine condition!

Bruce

If that attractive young woman is in need of a chaperon I will get the Yak ready.

Colin.

Great work by Alan at the O.C. as last year was a bit of a problem with a group booked in the back. I've just booked my flight, now to work on the boss to let me catch it unsure.gif- arranged so I can get to the O.C. for the evening! tongue.gif

If someone just gives a meeting time on Friday evening to get down to the pub I will join in any taxi etc. Should be in Hagley Road by about half 5 to 6.

Well, perhaps we should all meet in the bar downstairs (next to Jim's room - hmmmmmm) and organise from there?

You said you wouldn't tell!! blush.gif

Jim

If that attractive young woman is in need of a chaperon I will get the Yak ready.

Colin.

Better off in a Mig

If someone just gives a meeting time on Friday evening to get down to the pub I will join in any taxi etc. Should be in Hagley Road by about half 5 to 6..........................

You said you wouldn't tell!! blush.gif

Jim

Well, you see Jim, it's like this ...............

PS: James and I will be there from about 4pm onwards (if not earlier - we like to get away for our quiet weekend as soon as we decently can without it looking like that's what we're trying to do :lol::lol: )

really looking forward to this gig. When will you want the rest of the money?

Nigel - I'll ask for the balance next month

Alan

Hi chums,

I was at the Birmingham WFA meeting yesterday and I was asked if you could just turn up on the day! I think Alan will answer that, but I would say that with 110 already committed to attending that if you don't want to miss the chance to see the best conference line-up i have ever hard of then you should BOOK NOW! This really is going to be a fantastic day and I personally can't wait! Great chance to meet the great, the good, the bad and the ugly (Hi George!) in the unwholesome flesh! And it really is a friendly sociable do - get out from behind your keyboards and come and join us!!! Go on - you know it makes sense!

Pete

There could be an overspill in the car park for "on the day" arrivals. Big screen, beamed live from inside ... I can see it now. A beer tent, barbecue on the go ... several Great War historians setting up stalls to hawk their wares ...

several Great War historians setting up stalls to hawk their wares ...

Get your advert in early Chris! :lol:

Roger

There could be an overspill in the car park for "on the day" arrivals. Big screen, beamed live from inside ... I can see it now. A beer tent, barbecue on the go ... several Great War historians setting up stalls to hawk their wares ...

No hawking or spitting please!

Hi chums,

<snip> the bad and the ugly (Hi George!) <snip>

Pete

This!

Cheers,

Simon

For those heading to Hagley Road there might be some saver deals now. I was able to make an economy booking, with a saving of £17 over my original booking cost. I then cancelled the original. There may not be many saver rooms, so try it quickly.

Keith

Bumping this up - please let me know if you want to come - full details on the first page of this thread

Alan

With the beaming onto the big screen, a recording can easily be made and on cd.

This can then be sold to those who couldn't attend. Copies with sub-titles in "strine" for the antipodeans, and also in some other form for those ex-colonials whose tellies seem to operate peculiarly. Each could be accompanied with a "grill your own bangers" kit.

All proceeds to GWF coffers......

The financial opportunities are endless.....

:w00t:

Bruce

Translations should be easy enough. Aurel's English is wonderful, so could cover Flemish. Jim Smithson could do the German, 59 into French, and if asked nicely, Ayesha would translate into Welsh. Have I missed any? Would there be a demand for sub-titles in Pictish?

Translations should be easy enough. Aurel's English is wonderful, so could cover Flemish. Jim Smithson could do the German, 59 into French, and if asked nicely, Ayesha would translate into Welsh. Have I missed any? Would there be a demand for sub-titles in Pictish?

Probably Doric and Orcadian and possibly Braid Buchan as well as Lallans, certainly Glaswegian

Would there be a demand for sub-titles in Pictish?

Given that the Picts were generally suppressed and "cleansed" by the Gaels (Scots) probably not.

Even in Heiton???

Bruce

Alan, £20-00 paid into account via PayPal for 2 tickets for the Saturday.

Tony

We were going to but got a sick dog and cannot be left alone for too long! son working so no cover there! :angry2:

Tony :poppy:

Hope the dog improves - perhaps we can catch up over lunch.

Now only 7 weeks to the conference and not too late to book your place. Full details on the first page of this thread

Alan

Alan -

full payment for 2 places just made via paypal - persuaded mrs Seany to let me out to play and my mate Phil Hardman will also be coming.

Now only 7 weeks to the conference and not too late to book your place. Full details on the first page of this thread

Alan