Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Great War Forum Conference 24th March 2012

AlanCurragh

I've just booked Hagley Road as well.....

Mr Edwards & I will also be at The Premier Inn on Hagley Road. My sympathy goes out to anyone staying there who is not going to the conference :(

Andy

I think that Hagley Road will be entirely filled with those of us going to the Conference!

Bruce

So, who's staying Friday night and who's staying Saturday night?

James and I are doing both nights - anyone want to share a taxi to/from Old Contemptibles?

Kim

I think we might need a bus!

Keith

Well, perhaps we should all meet in the bar downstairs (next to Jim's room - hmmmmmm) and organise from there?

Come on, suggestions welcome peeps :D

We're there both Friday and Saturday - so yes, a meeting in the bar and a taxi or two seems an excellent idea

PS - numbers are about 90 now

Kim

I think we might need a bus!

Keith

Joking aside Keith, don't forget you can get mini buses from lots of mini cab firms these days. It might be cheaper than a fleet of 3 or 4 taxis.

Roger

That might well be the best option Alan. Maybe nearer the time we should have a roll call in advance of the event, as well as one late on the Friday evening to identify any MIA.

Keith

I have now booked in to Hagley Road for Friday and Saturday night.

(Don't say anything in case Hart and Webster find out)

Cheers,

Simon

don't want to appear mean but there are frequent regular service buses from just about outside the hotel to just about outside the pub at quite reasonable cost. Getting from the hotel to the conference centre and back is a bit more complicated (one change, IIRC). I'm staying Friday and Saturday.

cheers Martin

don't want to appear mean but there are frequent regular service buses from just about outside the hotel to just about outside the pub at quite reasonable cost. Getting from the hotel to the conference centre and back is a bit more complicated (one change, IIRC). I'm staying Friday and Saturday.

cheers Martin

I have no idea where the hotel, pub or conference centre are...

...but I'm easily led.

Cheers,

Simon

We like buses, use them as much as possible at home, they are so convenient by comparison (mostly).

Is there an on-line timetable/do you know if there's one back when the pubs shut?

We need to explore all options! :D

I'll bring me bus pass then.

Keith

The Old Contemptibles is not a great venue for a significant number of us on a Friday night when it is very busy. Chris Baker suggesting booking a room/food in advance at the Old Stock Exchange about 200 yards away. Need to sort this out when March arrives.

Is it possible to book the back room of the Old Contemptibles?

Try this: http://nxbus.co.uk/r...ubmit%5D=SEARCH

But in all honesty, I would take a cab. With 4 passengers, it won't be much more expensive.

Roger

Are there enough cabs for all of us? They've got some nice cab drivers though -- I left my phone in a cab two years ago and the driver returned it.

cheers Martin B

I may have missed something but is there a 'flyer' for this event I can circulate?

See y'all there.

Martin

I may have missed something but is there a 'flyer' for this event I can circulate?

See y'all there.

Martin

Yes there is Martin - here it is....

3rdGWFConf.pdf

Alan - somewhere in this now humungously long thread there is (I think) the address for me to send my cheque to. Can you short circuit my search and PM or E mail it to me? - Much thanks

Well I'm booked into the Premier Hagley Rd. Friday and Sat. Me thinks the hotel would do well to issue lapel pins for non GWF guests!

Payment details are in post 1 of the thread.

See you at the Premier Inn. Some thought I was joking about organising a bus to the pub!

Keith

Perhaps the hotel would be interested in organizing a charabanc in recognition of the investment GWF members are making in their institution.

Cheers,

Simon

Perhaps the hotel would be interested in organizing a charabanc in recognition of the investment GWF members are making in their institution.

Cheers,

Simon

Premier Inn - somehow I doubt it - not gratis certainly