Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Great War Forum Conference 24th March 2012

AlanCurragh

Thanks for the advice guys - I tried the Kensington a couple of years ago and although not a total disaster I wouldn't stay there again and it seems to have got worse since though!

Neil

Very pleased to announce that the fifth speaker at the conference will be Lt Col Chris Pugsley, Senior Lecturer in War Studies at the Royal Military Academy, Sandhurst. Chris will be talking about, and showing, Ashmead Bartlett's Gallipoli Film - the first film of an amphibious landing in history, IX Corps at Suvla in August 1915

Well done Alan - great final line up :thumbsup:

Roger

Looks like it will be a cracking day Alan - can't wait for my 2012 diary to turn up so I can write it in!

A reminder of the full list of speakers -

Gary Sheffield - "Douglas Haig in 1915: Commander of First Army"

Richard Van Emden - "The Quick and the Dead: Fallen Soldiers and Their Families in the Great War"

Andy Robertshaw - "Arms and the Man: The development of British infantry weapons and small unit tactics 1914-18"

Chris Baker - "The Battle for Flanders: German defeat on the Lys, 1918"

Chris Pugsley - "Ashmead-Bartlett's Gallipoli Film - the first filmed amphibious landing in history"

All are welcome, members of the forum or not - full details on the first post of this thread. Hopefully most of the speakers will be at the Old Contemptibles pub in Birmingham the Friday evening before the conference, as in the last two years.

That is a very classy line-up. Well done Alan.

• 2 weeks later...

Just giving this a bump - please let me know if you want to come along to the conference

Alan

If I haven't booked a place yet - please sign me up.

John

Alan - Looking forward to it once again. I've just paid the deposit via Paypal

Charles

Evening Alan,

Just paid £20 via Paypal (ex Robertrfp@aol.com ) for the deposits for myself and the current Mrs Paterson

Look forward to attending very much

Bob & Julia Paterson

Dundee + WFA Tayside

Fantastic news Bob. I hope you and the current Mrs Paterson - an august position with onerous responsibilities - will be comming up the night before to sample whisky and fine wines at the Old Contemptible?

Pete

Thanks John, Charles and Bob - look forward to seeing you on the day (and possibly at the Old Contemptibles too?)

Alan

Hello Alan,

I am not sure that this is the right way to do this - 1st post!! I have just paid for a ticket for the Forum via PayPal.

Looking forward to it.

Regards

Andrew Honeywill

Blimey Andrew, either my eyesight is getting worse or you need to increase the size of your font!! :lol: . Looking forward to meeting you at the conference.

Roger

Hello Alan

I have just sent a £30 deposit for 3 people. We will all be staying to dinner.

Regards

Martin

Are there still places available for both conference and dinner? If so, please put me down for both.

Thanks Andrew, CGM and Martin!

Alan...inbox is full.

Can you please put Ayesha and I down for two places.

Remind a bear of little brain how I pay?

Bruce

Thanks Bruce - it wouldn't be the same without you and the fair Ayesha!

£26 for the day and £22 for dinner

£96 by PayPal donation for us both, including dinner......and Pete Hart's company!

Bruce

Thanks - yes, there are still places

Is there a dress code for this event. Forgive me if this is a stupid question but I won't wear my toga if I am the only one.......