Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Great War Forum Conference 24th March 2012

AlanCurragh

Hey Tony,

Are you bringing that miserable old ****** who hangs around in bars with you?

Pete

Not sure about the old ****** but a very youthful ( :hypocrite: ) Ice Tiger will be sharing the travelling costs with Tony on this Great Northern expedition. Should be quite a trip venturing to unknown lands beyond the M25 :o

It would seem Tony has been to Birmingham before and he tells me it is safe but I'm not too sure - I will take the advice of my Doctor on which innoculations will be required

Andy

I know what you mean, but it appears that most Midlanders have given up eating their young.

:hypocrite:

Bruce

Hey Tony,

Pete

Crikey ****** looks os much worse when it is replaced by asterisks - my mind has run riot!

No, the miserable old asterisk decided to pass on the conference when I mentioned it to him.

....but the class acts will be there!

Regards

TonyE

No,Tony.

I can't make it tongue.gif

Hey Tony,

Pete

Sorry, Pete-e-Pops, but I have an 'off Birmingham' chit ... :whistle:

See you at the January London Pals get-together, and meanwhile have yourself a very merry Merry Christmas!

I shall be there!

Cheers,

Simon

Just booked my accommodation (Premier Inn this time, on Kim's recommendation) and transport. It costs as much to travel by train between London and Birmingham as it does between Paris and London.

When do you want the rest of the payment, Alan?

cheers Martin B

Martin - I'll be asking for the balances sometime in February - I'll send an email out then

or the London Midland company site , which operates London to Brum trains, and often has promotions and half-price sales seasons

London Midland Trains

Martin - Not if you travel from London Marylebone. Have a look on The Train Line site - or similar. There are some very low prices to be had.

Jack

thanks for the tip Jack. Will investigate further though I've already booked. Will see if I can cancel

cheers Martin B

I'll be there, looking forward to it an' all.

Andy

Which hotels are:

a. best for purpose and/or

b. daft enough to accept bookings from GWF members en masse?

Cheers,

Simon

The Premier Inn on Hagley Road seems to be being taken over by the GWF for the weekend.

Just don't tell them......they might shut the bar early!

Bruce

Another reminder about the conference - see the first post of this thread for details

Alan

Hi Alan

Hoping to attend the conference but, being rather disorganised, have not sent off a deposit as yet! Can I just pay the whole attending fee in one hit? If so, who do I make the cheque out to and what is the address to which I should send?

Thanks

ALAN

Hi Alan (W, that is!)

All relevant info via the link in post #1

You can also pay via PayPal.

I've just booked Hagley Road as well - We must negotiate a group rate next year! See you for breakfast again Kim!

Jim

Living so near the venue and knowing Tally Ho so well (professionally speaking) I feel I should attend but you always organise when I am in France on my annual March trot across the Somme fields!!

Have a great time and all of you who can should make the effort to attend the Old Contempts! It really is a good pub and good ale!

Full of cops having a beer mind so no fighting, gambling and other debauchery!

TT

One thing is for certain. Premier Inns will be doing no special deals for Hagley road on that weekend. They must be almost fully booked by now.

Keith