Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Great War Forum Conference 24th March 2012

AlanCurragh

Is there still a space for one please? The wife had me down to go to some play in the early evening but she had now given me permission to come to the Conference!!!..... so having weaved my magic please tell me that there is a space left! Thoroughly enjoyed it last year and the list of speakers looks to be very good once more

Just want the conference, not the dinner

Andrew

Andrew - yes, still a few spaces left - payment details in the donations link above

Thanks

Alan

All, Have a great time. I shall be on the battlefieds, my last of eight days tour!

TT

I have booked train ticket and hotel this morning. Can I just thank Alan and everyone else involved in organising the Conference for all their work and time ? Michael Bully

I have booked train ticket and hotel this morning. Can I just thank Alan and everyone else involved in organising the Conference for all their work and time ? Michael Bully

Hear, hear.

As in previous years, could we have a list of expected attendees in due course, please?

cheers Martin B

Yes indeed, Martin - I'll post the list (which is >150 now) before the day

Alan - Balance 0f £38 paid via Paypal link a few minutes ago.

Regards

TonyE

Steve - 2010 was around 65, and last year was 120 or so. I don't think we'd want too many more than last year, to be honest, maybe 150 but that might be a bit of a squeeze. I think the venue goes up to 180.

To get 150 is fantastic; to echo what others have said - thank you for all your efforts.

How many are staying at the Premier Inn for dinner ?

Alan

150!! It was 60 just 2 years ago.

Will there be room for us all - some of the attendees are not as slim as they used to be (not me of course). I hope you have ordered enough for lunch.

Fantastic job.

Neil

Alan

150!! It was 60 just 2 years ago.

Will there be room for us all - some of the attendees are not as slim as they used to be

I'm afraid some of us never were!

It's now 160 - and we're going to have to draw the line there, I think. Thanks to everyone for supporting the conference!

It's now 160 - and we're going to have to draw the line there, I think. Thanks to everyone for supporting the conference!

Thinking about next year I understand there is going to be a large white elepha ----- stadium standing idle in the Lea Valley.

Thinking about next year I understand there is going to be a large white elepha ----- stadium standing idle in the Lea Valley.

The way things are going for a certain Glasgow fitba team you might be able to pick up Ibrox for next to nothing.

Simon.

Its probable, although not quite so large, that we could provide a venue for up to 20,000 not far from Nelson's final departure point in 1805.

Keith

Its probable, although not quite so large, that we could provide a venue for up to 20,000 not far from Nelson's final departure point in 1805.

Keith

A residential ocean-liner off the south-west coast of Spain! Genius!

I'm in.

Cheers,

Simon

Despite my gazelle-like physique, there is no chance of that!

Despite my gazelle-like physique, there is no chance of that!

Gazelle?

I'm a gnu!

How do you do?

Bruce

Gazelle?

I'm a gnu!

How do you do?

Bruce

Ignore dreadful hartebeasts

Actually I'm more inclined to go for a wallow down in the hollow - in glorious mud.

Will you sue if anyone mentions bison or okapi?

Given my staggering levels of attractiveness, I have to say that no-one ever wants to court a warthog but I do enjoy investigating the uses of the wompom.

Keith

Will you sue if anyone mentions bison or okapi?

Given my staggering levels of attractiveness, I have to say that no-one ever wants to court a warthog but I do enjoy investigating the uses of the wompom.

Keith

One presumes that female warthogs find male warthogs attractive.

Beauty is indeed in the eyes of the beholder.

Bruce

Alan can you please confirm start time? First post in this thread says 10.30, but the advert in the latest edition of WFA Bulletin says 10.00. Wouldn't want to miss the first half an hour.

Thanks

Mandy

Mandy - first speaker is at 10.30 - but there'll be tea and coffee from 10. We'll be there from 9 and last year people started arriving shortly after that

Alan