The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Battlefield accommodation list

Chris_Baker

• Admin

• Admin
  • Admin
  • Admin

hthttp://www.gites-de-france-somme.com/chambre-d-hote-grincourt-nathalie-et-adrien-a-toeufles-dans-Baie-de-Somme---Cote-Picarde-G20915.html

Near Abbeville, we had Soleil room.

All the above have a communal kitchen area where you can prepare your own evening meal and all are excellent.

Michelle

HOTEL -RESTAURANT OLD TOM

GROTE MARKT 8

8900 IEPER

www.oldtom.be info@oldtom.be

TEL: 00 32 57 201541

FAX:00 32 57 219120

Robert

• 1 month later...

Arras - Best Western L'Universe

Very nicely located in a quiet square just of the main drag and handy for the big "Place".

Good deals through Laterooms. Sensible rates at 1.25 euro/£

I think better than the station area hotels.

• 1 month later...

I was speaking to the owners of the Camalou B and B (Annette and Christian). They are looking to retire and have now got their B and B up for sale. They asked me if i knew of anyone who would be interested so I thought I would ask here. I have no connection with their business whatsoever. Interested person(s) can contact them direct:

Tel: +32 57 20 43 42

Email: Info@camalou.com

Best regards

Iain

• 1 month later...

I was speaking to the owners of the Camalou B and B (Annette and Christian). They are looking to retire and have now got their B and B up for sale. They asked me if i knew of anyone who would be interested so I thought I would ask here. I have no connection with their business whatsoever. Interested person(s) can contact them direct:

Tel: +32 57 20 43 42

Email: Info@camalou.com

Best regards

Iain

How about a GWF-gîte? We buy it- we cater it with alternating hosts- we sleep in.

BED & BREAKFAST on the Somme Battlefields

Accommodation Name : MEMORY SOMME

Postal address : 37 route nationale - 62450 Le Sars - France

Phone number : (+33) 321 070 501

Email address : contact[AT]memorysomme[DOT]com (replace [AT] with [@] and [DOT] with [.])

Name of proprietor : Mrs Daniele ROUSSEL

Label : Gîtes de France (2 stars new standard) AND Somme Battlefield Partner's

Est. since 1989 in an Art Deco reconstructed family farmhouse

Number of rooms : 3 (each with private shower, washbasin and toilets)

Breakfast : Full continental breakfast with different real English teas and handmade jams

WIFI access : Yes (free)

Guest room with log fire and kitchen : Yes

Closed car park : Yes

Garden : Yes

Barbecue : Yes

WWI & WWII battlefields tourist information

Private WWI museum : Free access restricted to the guests

English speaking

Situated on the main road RD 929 between Bapaume (6 km) and Albert (10 km), 1 km from the Butte de Warlencourt

post-22279-0-07449900-1350810294_thumb.j

• 4 weeks later...

Accommodation Name Cavells Bed and Breakfast

Postal address Minneplein 3 8900 Ypres

Phone number if known 0032 479806426

Email address if known info@cavells.be

Website URL if known www.cavells.be

Name of proprietor(s) if known Roger ( English) , Muriel (Flemish)

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Chris,

Any chance you can get us listed on The Long Long Trail ? You are more than welcome to come and take a look when you are next in the area.

Thanks

Thanks Chris,much appreciated.

The offer stands if you are in the area.

• 1 month later...

Good morning all, just a note to say that Mash Valley B&B has changed hands and has been re-named . Please see a message from the new owners Julie and David Thompson:

Good morning and a Happy New Year!

You have received this email as your contact details were given to us by Brian and Lynda Gibson of Mash Valley B&B in La Boisselle. You may be aware that Brian and Lynda have returned permanently to the UK and we bought the property from them in late November 2012, moving over permanently from England.

We have been frequent visitors to the Somme ourselves for many years and we have decided to continue operating as a bed and breakfast but under the name of Number 56...which is after all our address and a number with some significance for us!

The house is currently undergoing complete redecoration with our first guests arriving in mid March, by which time our website will be fully operational. We have a holding page atwww.number56.co.uk. In the meantime you can follow us on Twitter or find us on Facebook:

On Facebook: www.facebook.com/Number56BedAndBreakfast

On Twitter: www.twitter.com/Number56BandB

Email: enquiries@number56.co.uk

In the meantime if you have any questions or require further information please do not hesitate to contact us and we look forward to welcoming you to Number 56 in the future.

With kind regards

Julie and David Thomson

Arras? The Diamant? Seventy quid a night! Some of us are on budgets. Any tips for Lille?

• 2 weeks later...

Stayed in an Ibis in Lille , was very good, not too expensive and nice bar.

Tony

Faidherbe in Lille seems to be cheapest place, 44 Euro a night single room.

• 3 weeks later...

I met Annette from the Camalou B&B today. She told me that the property has been sold to a local doctor and that from Monday onwards it will no longer operate as a B&B. I wished her a peaceful retirement.

Bob

I have to mention this place. B&B all rooms en suite. Extensive library you are free to dip into. Evening meals avaliable by arrangement.

John is an acredited battlefield guide and Jennie is a top cook. Can't recommend it enough

Accommodation Name "Silent Picket"

Postal address 10 Grande Rue, Martinpuich

Phone number 33 321 153770

Email address silentpicket@me.com

Website URL http://www.silentpicket.com/bb-somme

Name of proprietors--- John and Jennie Knight

• 4 weeks later...

We stayed in the Novotel lens, which was easy to get to and the bonus is it's sited in a commercial centre with an auchan. A good place to pick up supplies before heading back home. Hotel 60 euros and it had an outdoor pool if you are brave.

It was excellent for vimy, if you can put up with all the coal pyramids that were there, in lens that is.Although, when we were there, they were covered in snow!

We stayed in the Novotel lens, which was easy to get to and the bonus is it's sited in a commercial centre with an auchan. A good place to pick up supplies before heading back home. Hotel 60 euros and it had an outdoor pool if you are brave.

It was excellent for vimy, if you can put up with all the coal pyramids that were there, in lens that is.Although, when we were there, they were covered in snow!

Lens is not too bad what with the Louvre of the north, as you say the scenery is not fantastic.

Hi all,

I'm looking for accomodation on the Somme, ideally not a hotel but something like the municipal trecker huts at Ypre. I would be grateful if anyone could point me in the right direction.

many thanks

Dave

Help required please....

I want to stay (with 2 friends) in the Le Quesnoy area in July for a couple of evenings.... B&B with an evening meal if possible.

Recommendations please.. all help gratefully received.

Thank you in advance

Andrew