Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Andreas Scheuchzer 98/05 Bayonet collection

Andreas Scheuchzer

In the books of Carter and Voronov not only have errors, but they are already old editions. In recent years, many things have appeared that are not in these books. But these books are a fundamental work on the bayonets of executioners. They will be difficult to defeat. But just publishing a book with a list of the bayonets you have is not enough. Some research and work is needed in this area. I understand so. That's why I'm not writing a book. Andreas, your collection is impressive in quantity and there are interesting butchers 98/05 that I would also like to have in my collection. In this regard, I envy you. And your topic turned out to be very interesting and informative. I think not only for me.

Edited by Dok

Как и обещал, дополню вашу статью примерами интересных экземпляров, которых я у вас не видел

АНКЕР-ВЕРКЕ, БИЛЕФЕЛЬД + РИЧ.А.ГЕРДЕР ЗОЛИНГЕН

IMG_4265.JPG

IMG_4263.JPG

Edited by Dok

I Have Anker with Zwilling, but on the same side of ricasso. And Old and Oldest Anker stamp is a absolutely perfect! 

Моя коллекция Durkopp Werke

Весь ассортимент этого производителя!

DURKOPP WERKE AG, БИЛЕФЕЛЬД + GOTTLIEB HAMMESFAHR ЗОЛИНГЕН  

DURKOPP WERKE AG, БИЛЕФЕЛЬД + F. KOELLER & COMPANY, ЗОЛИНГЕН 

DURKOPP WERKE AG, БИЛЬФЕЛЬД + РИЧ. А. ГЕРДЕР ЗОЛИНГЕН

Edited by Dok

Andreas, I do not set myself the goal of buying everything that is. As you have already noticed, my bayonets are only in excellent condition, I bypass the bad ones. Even if there is no such instance in my collection.

When I started collecting German edged weaponry, the one thing that I was taught condition is everything. So if the condition is great the rarity is the cherry on top.

This is my first bucher 98/05 in the collection.

Edited by Dok

The condition of bayonets is one of important rules by collecting, anyway when You search for rare maker combination, is certainly correct to aquire  even worser condition piece, the market in middle of Europe, Czech,Slovakia, Austria, dont have many S98/05 bayonets, because here was not any german units located or some war areas with large german units. So the aquiring of similar piece should be mostly realised per internet auction, by some are the pictures not enough to destine the overall condition of the piece.

I am willing to make concessions on condition when it comes to Emil Hermes, for example. Or a rare logo of an otherwise common manufacturer (Anker)
A better bayonet can always come along, but to me it's always better to have than not.

On 14. 3. 2023 at 22:54, Dok said:

F. KOELLER & COMPANY, SOLINGEN – OHLIGS +DURKOPP WERKE AG

IMG_0286.JPG

IMG_0326.JPG

please try to upload the photos again

On 17/03/2023 at 09:34, AndyBsk said:

Состояние штыков является одним из важных правил при коллекционировании, в любом случае, когда вы ищете редкую комбинацию производителя, безусловно, правильно приобретать даже худшее состояние, рынок в центре Европы, Чехии, Словакии, Австрии, не так много S98/05 штыки, потому что здесь не было размещено ни немецких частей, ни каких-то районов боевых действий с крупными немецкими частями. Таким образом, приобретение аналогичного предмета в основном должно осуществляться через интернет-аукцион, некоторые фотографии недостаточно, чтобы определить общее состояние предмета.

There are few rare manufacturers, they can be counted on the fingers. For me it's Emil Hermes, H. Kaufman, J/H Becker. I still can't find them. There were dead, but I'm not interested. I have all the other manufacturers.

On 17/03/2023 at 10:29, Andreas Scheuchzer said:

попробуйте загрузить фото еще раз

Edited by Dok

3 hours ago, Andreas Scheuchzer said:

Я готов пойти на уступки при условии, например, когда речь идет об Эмиле Гермесе. Или редкий логотип широко распространенного производителя (Anker).
Всегда может найтись лучший байонет, но для меня всегда лучше иметь, чем не иметь.

Andreas, this task is no longer in front of you. You already have two Emil Hermes. I envy you.

Я покажу вам еще одного редкого мясника, наверное, единственного в мире.

Edited by Dok

17.03.2023 в 14:06, AndyBsk сказал:

CGHaenel такой редкий?

Этот редкий. Извините, почему-то фото не загрузилось с первого раза.

Edited by Dok

C. G. The Haenel was the first 98/05 bayonet in my collection. My dad bought it for me. He told me: Not to start collecting them by manufacturer because you would go crazy... Mine is also a.A. from 1914 but is "W"

Do you have 98/05 HILGER und Sohne? 

35 minutes ago, Andreas Scheuchzer said:

CG Haenel был первым штыком 98/05 в моей коллекции. Мой папа купил его для меня. Он сказал мне: не начинать собирать их по производителям, потому что вы сойдете с ума ... У меня тоже АА 1914 года, но "W".

У вас есть HILGER und Sohne 98/05? 

Andreas, we talked about this on one of the forums:D

https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/seitengewehr-84-98-k98-bayonets/question-manufacturers-cooperation-98-05-bayonet-749569/

20 minutes ago, Dok said:

Mr. kekel is my friend. he wrote the post on my behalf

C.G.Haenel was large producer so any variation and most real saxon bayonets probably exist, but are not described prior this time in any of the well known books.

Edited by AndyBsk

1 hour ago, AndyBsk said:

C.G.Haenel was large producer so any variation and most real saxon bayonets probably exist, but are not described prior this time in any of the well known books.

Andy, the main word here is probably exist. But I have not seen them in books or on the market. Otherwise, I agree, there are questions about 98/05 butchers now and will be for many years to come.

Edited by Dok

Probably exist in that case is nearly to 95% of reality. How many in Your collectors years did You saw S98/05 bayonets. When we assume that minimum of 150000 were made prior start of war and other 4-5 million of pcs made in WW1 , the ammount of reported bayonets in all of books and collections avialable on internet are about 0,1-0,5 promille.

I known many museums here in middle Europe that have in collections many S98/05 but no one is interested to search maker markings on them. That are only focused collectors of which is minimum. 

"Wiki: At the outbreak of WWI in 1914, the German Army had 2,273,080 Mauser 98-rifles of all types; an additional 7,000,000 were produced during the war."

Edited by AndyBsk

To Your Haenel bayonet marked for Bavaria, Haenel is confirmed by Williams , Carter and Voronov books that produced bayonets S98, KS98, S98/02 and S98/05 for Bavaria, Saxony and Prussia. Even they are not exactly pictured in books, Simson and Haenel were large deliverers of bayonets of various type for german army.