Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Andreas Scheuchzer 98/05 Bayonet collection

Andreas Scheuchzer

Could be done for easier attach on rifle adapter, or something else as You listed it here. Kar98a is hard to believe as the adapter is identical. 4cm long Mauser type.Question is too what was done with locking lug as not flashed with pommel, press button is partly unscrewed? maybe it was done by adding the non usable locking lug? working on pommel? 

• 5 months later...

Mannlicher 95 is unreal wout a barell ring it would not hold as the adapter is short for good fixing of a heavy bayonet as S98/05, and its a RLM marked so used by Flak or Luftschutz units.

• 2 months later...

A new and long-awaited piece for my collection. F.Koeller in collaboration with AnkerWerke

20220411_130957.jpg

20220411_131008.jpg

20220411_131013.jpg

20220411_131019.jpg

And the Pack-Ohliger / CITO / CITO-COLN bayonet group

20220411_115927.jpg

20220411_115938.jpg

20220411_115946.jpg

20220411_115955.jpg

20220411_120000.jpg

20220411_120037.jpg

20220411_120104.jpg

VERY nice! I have not seen the anchor mark before!:thumbsup:

Julian

Edited by trajan

• 10 months later...
non-standard marked bayonet at blade tang. Anchor and A.W. on sides is a trademark of Anker Werke - Bielefeld 

image.jpeg.9d960ad3c8dff02bc8c1061e06da16e9.jpeg

Rarely seen manufacturer. Emil Hermes-Ern from Solingen. Here in collaboration with H. Mundlos.

Nice pieces in report, the first one is already reworked in Weimar period visible on blueing and 1920 stamp.

Hello everyone Excellent collection 98/05. I have a question about the letter D on one of your bayonets. Are you sure it's L.O.Dietrich. I have the same one, but without co-production with Н. Kaufmann

yes, I am convinced that this is L.O. Dietrichimage.jpeg.0bf354e1fb17b0bbdf421b5332386f1d.jpeg

Unfortunally no visible the pommel proof which could be compared with other L.O. Dietrich stamp. But when there is a similar proof it should be then a finisher of the piece.

Edited by AndyBsk

Очень редкий вариант 98/05. Представляю вам на обозрение свой буше на букву Д. Но я еще не до конца уверен, что это ЛО Дитрих

IMG_2718.JPG

10.jpg

Edited by Dok

Similar bayonets are still on various places but were to this time not reported on internet, some of them are missing the maker mark. Similar are not so prefered to collecting as the normal maker stamped.  D proof should be compared with Demag piece. The left ricasso marking is too small,not visible details.

I assume this piece is printed in Voronov book.

Edited by AndyBsk

24 minutes ago, AndyBsk said:

Подобные штыки все еще находятся в разных местах, но до сих пор о них не сообщалось в Интернете, на некоторых из них отсутствует клеймо производителя. Подобные не так предпочитают коллекционировать, как штампует обычный производитель. Доказательство D следует сравнивать с изделием Demag. Левая маркировка рикассо слишком мелкая, не видно деталей.

It looks like the letter C

IMG_2717.JPG

Thanks for adding the details, the Voronov book describes the D with Dietrich on page 150 have the R or B letter? as similar proof on W16 on p.151 i assume the D could be for Dietrich Altenburg, question remains how were proofed different period pieces. Here on Your piece is evidently different letter probably D?. The C or G on left ricasso could be deliverer of blade.

Edited by AndyBsk

19 minutes ago, AndyBsk said:

Спасибо, что добавили подробности, в книге Воронова описывается буква Д с Дитрихом на странице 150 есть ли буква Р или Б? как аналогичное доказательство на W16 на стр. 151, я предполагаю, что D может быть для Дитриха Альтенбурга, остается вопрос, как были проверены произведения разных периодов. Вот на Вашем листе явно другая буква наверное D?. Буква C или G на левом рикассо может означать лезвие.

At Voronov I see bayonets identical to Andreas

PHOTO-2023-03-01-22-32-34.jpg

PHOTO-2023-03-01-22-32-35.jpg

In the same book, on p 382, my bayonet is also presented. It used to be thought to be Durkopp Werke, but I'm sure it has nothing to do with Durkopp Werk. In my thoughts, I am more inclined to L.O. Dietrich, but there is no complete clarity.

PHOTO-2023-03-01-22-43-51 (1).jpg

Yes the Durkopp hypothesis is probably unreal. Question remains the Dietrich, but could be not confirmed as probably similar proof is not reported in 1916 dated L.O.Dietrich, only explanation would be found dated 1917 or 18 piece proofed with identical letter. Should be inspected the other proofs on crossguard or on end of rifle slot.

Edited by AndyBsk

I'd like to believe that D is Dietrich, but let's not forget the markings on the Gettoscho bayonets - C.S., B.L.. NA 1914 S.M. Simson Shul??? How do you explain to me that B.L. on M1915 it is Bielefeld because I think so + order documents from the army archives we write to Ian Jakson that he did not try hard enough in searching for the markings Evidence. We need infirmations from the archives confirming these theses I work in science - let's not take the easy way out. Evidence needed