Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Andreas Scheuchzer 98/05 Bayonet collection

Andreas Scheuchzer

I don't know what the archives in Germany look like when a lot was burned in 1945. But the archive in the Czech Republic is tens of thousands of boxes with no description of documents. You can sit there and start searching, while the world flies by like a Futurama comic by a thousand years. I got documents from there about the enlistment of the M1898 and M1898/05 in the Czech Army, but they were found by accident. Greatings to Polland

About czechoslovak S98/05 bayonets is all clear after Sada and Smid books.

I meant the finding of such documents where the number of different bayonets in different warehouses is concerned.

image.jpeg

Thanks for sharing, i assume this listing is in Smid book.

Андреас, если ты помешан на коллекционировании бухеров, то загадок тебе на всю жизнь хватит. Одним из них является маркировка R и K на штыках Шульте.

5.jpg

Edited by Dok

30 minutes ago, AndyBsk said:

About czechoslovak S98/05 bayonets is all clear after Sada and Smid books.

Andy, I haven't seen this book. You can write me its full name and authors.

Edited by Dok

The books are out of print, col.Miroslav Šáda: Československe ručné palne zbrane a kulomety

and Jan Šmíd: Pušky a bodáky vz.24 

but both books are out of interest for You as about german bayonets and rifles there are max. one page and not full one.

Edited by AndyBsk

Another interesting butcher. Yugoslavia.  D + H.Kaufmann & shone India verk Solingen. I am more and more inclined to think that D is the abbreviated name L.O.Dietrich, Altenurg.

jugoslavia m24b unringed white crossguard stamp 2 obverse.jpg

jugoslavia m24b unringed white crossguard stamp 2.jpg

On 2. 3. 2023 at 10:09, Dok said:

Andreasi, pokud jsi posedlý sbíráním buchrů, pak budeš mít hádanek dost na celý život. Jedním z nich je označení R a K na bajonetech Schulte

111.jpg

5.jpg

Hello. I think it's Robert Krumm.

I have been obsessed for 18 years ;-) 

6 hours ago, Andreas Scheuchzer said:

I have been obsessed for 18 years ;-)

Andreas and can I please see your bayonets produced by SCHULTE & COMPANIE, GEVELSBERG

There are various information in internet, is possible that there was consortium of both firms to made bayonets S98/05, as both were carpenter tool, wood tool manufacturer firms, Gevelsberg location is very near to Remscheid. From info that i have the early production were marked Stahlblume which should be a trademark of Ferd.Schleutermann and the flying angel with trumpet should be trademark of Schulte &Co. So it looks like both firms were joined together by production of bayonets, the early production is Schulte &Co/Gevelsberg marked and probably later it was renamed with Ferd.Schleutermann / Remscheid Hasten. Part of production was dated 1916. Since 1917 the join stamp was missed and exist only bayonets marked Schleutermann/Remscheid. AW and RK could be period stamp with various explanation, rohlings or rough part deliverer, steelworks shortage initials. About RK, the explanation could be various. Evidently on the crossguard were both letters here stamped independently which more speaks for technological stamp as for firm, anyway this could be not closed out. Robert Krumm was too from Remscheid.

Edited by AndyBsk

Andreas, thank you! The only thing I don't see is Schulte, along with Anker Werke and Schleutermann. Haven't you found them yet

IMG_9765.jpg

Edited by Dok

AnkerWerke on tang means the finisher of the bayonet was AnkerWerke probably, which should mean the blank provider was consortium Schulte - F.Schleutermann. The crossguard is of older type also the production date should be prior end of 1915. Similar as lastly pictured only Stahlblume marking which is probably the earliest production.

Stahlblume / Angel - most real 1915 S98/05aA

Stahlblume / Angel / AW/ Schulte &Co /Gevelsberg undated 1915 S98/05aA

Stahlblume / Angel / RK/ Schulte &Co /Gevelsberg undated 1915 S98/05aA transition with fg

followed by 1916 Stahlblume / Angel / AW/ Ferd.Schleutermann /Remscheid Hasten S98/05nA

1917/18 Schleutermann / Remscheid

Edited by AndyBsk

Schleutermann - Remscheid W17.jpg

I recently posted a photo of a post-war bayonet without a manufacturer on a ricasso. Anchor emblem A.W. she was then found under the doorknobs. (see here on page 3) Version by Schulte + A.W. unfortunately I don't have it in my collection

And what do you think about the star with a dot that also appears on these bayonets?
Gebruder Böhler & Co. A.G. Wien ?

post-69449-0-30906800-1441714712.jpg

post-69449-0-81982600-1441714323.jpg

IMG_20211102_155646.jpg.5e592045e7b7a4b2fa2065b65f35719c (1).jpg

This stamp was confirmed by various Schleutermann pieces, is possible they got some parts from Steelworks with similar symbol, but i would not pair it with Boehler Stahl, as they used normal six point star. Similar stamp were observed on blade spine too. I believe this stamps was discussed some years ago here in forum.

Edited by AndyBsk

7 hours ago, AndyBsk said:

AnkerWerke на хвостовике означает, что изготовителем штыка, вероятно, был AnkerWerke, что должно означать, что поставщиком бланков был консорциум Schulte - F.Schleutermann. Крестовина более старого типа, и дата производства должна быть до конца 1915 года. Подобно последнему изображению, только маркировка Stahlblume, которая, вероятно, является самой ранней продукцией.

Stahlblume / Angel - самый настоящий 1915 S98/05aA

Stahlblume / Angel / AW/ Schulte & Co / Gevelsberg без даты 1915 S98/05aA

Stahlblume / Angel / RK/ Schulte & Co /Gevelsberg без даты 1915 S98/05aA переход с fg

затем 1916 Stahlblume / Angel / AW / Ferd.Schleutermann /Remscheid Hasten S98/05nA

1917/18 Шлейтерманн / Ремшайд

Yes, Andy, you wrote it right. As for the markings on the bayonets from Schulte, I will give an example of another rare item

Артефакт.jpg