Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Sutterlin writing : any help ?

Morance

Anweisung zur Beschlagnahmung der 17 Treibriemen in der Fabrik Sucrerie Rénnio auf befehl der Mobile Etappen Kommandtur 322 

für

Charlie

Edited by charlie2

9 minutes ago, charlie2 said:

Anweisung zur Beschlagnahme der 17 Treibriemen in das Fabrik Sucrerie Rénnio auf befehl der Mobile Etappen Kommandtur 322 

für

Charlie

Anweisung zur Beschlagnahmung der 17 Treibriemen in das Fabrik Sucrerie Rénnio auf befehl der Mobile Etappen Kommandtur 322 

für

Charlie

Thx Charlie !

But why the Germans took 17 Treibriemen in the Suiker Fabriek, that's the question... ?

18 minutes ago, charlie2 said:

Anweisung zur Beschlagnahmung der 17 Treibriemen in das Fabrik Sucrerie Rénnio auf befehl der Mobile Etappen Kommandtur 322 

für

Charlie

...in der Fabrik...

Treibriemen were usually quite high-end items, necessary to let machines run (also steam machines etc.). The Germans plundered a lot of factories in the occupied areas late 1918 before retreating for two reasons: 1. they needed the rare parts because of the allied blockade (made from rubber, copper, ...) to use in their own war industry and 2. they wanted to prevent the allies from taking the factories immediately into use, hindering the allied war effort (at that point, that the war would end already in November could not be predicted and also not under which conditions).

Jan

Thx to all, Grey, Charlie and Jan : very fine !

Near the Sugar Factory of Ath, 8 days later (10th november), one of last English soldier was killed, few hours before cease fire : Pte Edward Sullivan. Now, since last year, a street of the town has renamed "Promenade Edward Sullivan".

Have a nice day, and see u tomorrow

Sébastien

Good morning everyone,

I would like read this entire slip, it would be wonderfull ;)

Just to tell me what unit is Starkstorm Kommando ?

Thx in advance !

After this one, still 23 slips to read, I see the end ;)

20230909_105222.jpg

Zur Übernahme von material, welches von der Firma P.... Dubois aus Tournai auf Veranlassung des Starkstromkommandos Ath und umliegende Gemeinden geliefert wurde. Da der Besitzer nach Brüssel wurde, solle ihm die Gegenstände nach Kriegsende zurückerstattet werden.Die Quittung soll an die Staerkstromkompanie 106 ausgehändigt werden.

Starkstrom units were responsible for installing and maintaining high-voltage infrastructure. Best known probably the units who maintained the high-voltage fence on the border to the Netherlands.

GreyC

Just now, GreyC said:

Zur Übernahme von material, welches von der Firma P.... Dubois aus Tournai auf Veranlassung des Starkstromkommandos Ath und umliegende Gemeinden geliefert wurde. Da der Besitzer nach Brüssel wurde, solle ihm die Gegenstände nach Kriegsende zurückerstattet werden.Die Quittung soll an die Staerkstromkompanie 106 ausgehändigt werden.

Starkstrom units were responsible for installing and maintaining high-voltage infrastructure. Best known probably the units who maintained the high-voltage fence on the border to the Netherlands.

GreyC

Thank you very much Grey, have a good weekend ;)

Hi all, another one for Sunday :

we are on 5th November 1918 : thx in advance

Have a good day

20230910_105910 (2).jpg

Hello everyone, another one : is it possible to read all ?

Can you read the name of the Leutnant ? thx in advance ;)

Inked20230911_072315_LI.jpg

Anweisung zur Abgabe von

1 Stehlampe (Studierlampe)

1 Petroleum Kanne 3 l  Inh(alt)

für den Feldgeistlichen Herrn Pfarrer Hubner? Ath

Quartierlast Ath

I can‘t make out the Lt’s name

Charlie

1 hour ago, charlie2 said:

Anweisung zur Abgabe von

1 Stehlampe (Studierlampe)

1 Petroleum Kanne 3 l  Inh(alt)

für den Feldgeistlichen Herrn Pfarrer Hubner? Ath

Quartierlast Ath

I can‘t make out the Lt’s name

Charlie

Thank you very much, Charlie ;)

8 minutes ago, GreyC said:

Hübner

Thanks GreyC, I wasn‘t sure whether it was a ü or a u, thats the reason for the question mark.

Charlie

14 hours ago, GreyC said:

Hi Charlie,

I decided on grounds of plausibility. From the handwriting alone, both would have been possible.

GreyC

Hello Grey, any idea for the handwriting og the Leutnant ?

Have a good day !

Sébastien

21 minutes ago, GreyC said:

Ideas - yes. Plausible solutions - no.

GreyC

;) very difficult to read it ;) 

On 10/09/2023 at 11:02, Morance said:

we are on 5th November 1918

Sébastien

Even if you do not need help with the very last one, I would be interested in seeing it.

Charlie

31 minutes ago, charlie2 said:

Sébastien

Even if you do not need help with the very last one, I would be interested in seeing it.

Charlie

Hello Charlie, I don't understand : you would like to know name of the Leutnant ?

Sorry, not the last one you posted but as you have nearly done them all I would be interested in seeing the very last one, when you get that far, presumably written on the 10th/11th November. 
Charlie