Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Kim'sTower of London Poppy has arrived!

Tom Morgan

. Every time I see Kim has posted on the thread, I think it's been delivered, only to check on her post to find the saga continues !!! :thumbsup:

Same here ... watching ... hoping..

I was on the A1 near Harrogate this morning and overtook a Yodel van. My first thought was whether it was delivering Kim's poppies.

Crushed to now discover it wasn't. So sad.

Paul

I asked the Yodel guy who delivered mine if he delivered to Harrogate..............he gave me a funny look and said "If you give me a pair of fins an aqua sprintboard and a load of dosh I'll deliver by Christmas"!

My poppy arrived in November as reported in post 80 and like others, thought about the various ways of displaying it , so I came across a WW1 Brass Artillery Trench Art Shell Case. as a fitting item to hold my poppy.

Crimson Rambler.post-89740-0-77648700-1418811585_thumb.j

That's nice.

I feel for you guys! Really! I am not getting one at all. All you lot have to do is be patient. I REALLY missed the boat this time.

Hazel C

Crimson Rambler, what a great idea and very fitting indeed.

Anne

I feel for you guys! Really! I am not getting one at all. All you lot have to do is be patient. I REALLY missed the boat this time.

Hazel C

Me too Hazel :(

Crimson Rambler, what a great idea and very fitting indeed.

Anne

Couldn't have put it better myself.

Oh, Derek, you live in Knaresbirough! (Town next door to me for those not geograpgically in the know ). Did you get an email telling you to expect a delivery today? What did you think to the poppy, do you like it?

Getting REALLY excited now ........ not.

Mine arrived today. Impressed by the presentation box.

Damning with faint praise, or have you not looked at the poppy?

I have to say I was also impressed by the presentation box, one that will not be thrown away.

Anne

Oh, Derek, you live in Knaresbirough! (Town next door to me for those not geograpgically in the know ). Did you get an email telling you to expect a delivery today? What did you think to the poppy, do you like it?

Getting REALLY excited now ........ not.

Like you I received an email last week stating delivery in Jan or Feb and the poppy was in Keighley. Then out of the blue it arrived.

We know of two other poppies delivered in Knaresborough about one month ago !

You must feel tad hacked off with Yodel?

I ordered my poppy on August 5th and received confirmation and an order number (47566). Yesterday at 17.30 I had an email saying that 'due to a small number of anomalies' payment had never been correctly processed and I should contact them by Monday (not available weekends) or my order would be cancelled. The phone number (8 - 6 Mon. to Fri.) has been completely unavailable ever since, and you're just told that they're very busy, try again later, and then cut you off after 2 minutes 54 seconds. There is apparently no other method of contact. Having tried a dozen times already this morning from 8am, I'm wondering how much of my life should be wasted on it. I have a feeling that someone else will get my poppy in the end and I will go without.

Sue

Jeepers, Sue - that's tough.

Wow Sue, that's terrible! You must be annoyed and disappointed.

I do wonder how they can 'give your poppy away' if they've stopped selling them! Can you get on twitter/facebook and make contact that way?

Like you I received an email last week stating delivery in Jan or Feb and the poppy was in Keighley. Then out of the blue it arrived.

We know of two other poppies delivered in Knaresborough about one month ago !

You must feel tad hacked off with Yodel?

No, not hacked off, I know I must be patient - no matter if it takes longer :(

Wow Sue, that's terrible! You must be annoyed and disappointed.

I do wonder how they can 'give your poppy away' if they've stopped selling them! Can you get on twitter/facebook and make contact that way?

If they don't hear from you within the time they state, they assume you don't want your poppy and cancel the order - I suppose they will then be put up for sale again. In view of all the awful things that are going on in the world today, the poppy is not the most important thing I can think of, but what really annoys me is the pure inefficiency of the process and the inability to make contact with them. I do keep an eye on my bank statements to make sure there are no rogue purchases on there, but something that fails to appear on a statement is very easily overlooked. They have a Twitter feed but it only has a couple of messages and looks fairly dead. I've replied to the email that says 'do not reply to this email' but don't hold out much hope on that front. Will have to keep trying until the time limit elapses.

Sue

Look at tower poppies on twitter, that seems to be the one in lots if use and quite current,

Fight for it Sue! It's yours, make sure you get it.

Sorry, I don't know a lot about twitter so you'll have to sift through my ramblings.

There is also paulcummins@towerpoppies and #towerpoppies, so I may be looking at a thread with everything on? I do hope you can make contact and put it 'out there' thus has hapoened, it may stop your poppy disappearing then.

If they don't hear from you within the time they state, they assume you don't want your poppy and cancel the order - I suppose they will then be put up for sale again. In view of all the awful things that are going on in the world today, the poppy is not the most important thing I can think of, but what really annoys me is the pure inefficiency of the process and the inability to make contact with them. I do keep an eye on my bank statements to make sure there are no rogue purchases on there, but something that fails to appear on a statement is very easily overlooked. They have a Twitter feed but it only has a couple of messages and looks fairly dead. I've replied to the email that says 'do not reply to this email' but don't hold out much hope on that front. Will have to keep trying until the time limit elapses.

Sue

Sue, there's definitley a conversation on tower poppies about people receiving the same email as you, 3/4 people so far (+ you). Get yourself on that conversation, let them know (they're also talking about not being able to get through on the phone).

Sue, this must be terrible for you. This is just a thought - in the booklet that arrived with my poppy there is a section on "Making the Poppies" with Paul Cummins website details. When I went to the website and scrolled down to the Tower of London Poppies it states:

For information or any other enquiries relating to the poppies please contact:

https://poppies.hrp.org.uk/faq

Email: poppies@hrp.org.uk

Telephone: 0303 770 1914

I don't know if this number is the one you have been given but it might be worth phoning quoting your order number. You could also try emailing them. I doubt if the FAQ would do much good though.

Anne