Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Kim'sTower of London Poppy has arrived!

Tom Morgan

Our poppy was a unexpected Xmas present from friends and no stands proud on the battlefield at Zonnebeke.

• 3 weeks later...

I know it's been a looooooong time coming, and no-one was more fed up than me to hear the rantings of a mad woman going on and on and on, but finally after waiting 3 months they've arrived - HURRAY!

All 3 together at the same time and in perfect condition. Put together relatively easily enough and displayed in one of James' (Red Barchetta) lovely shell casings. I balanced the weight of the poppies by way of garden stone chippings, which also allowed me to insert the poppies at different heights. Unfortunately the sun is against us today and doesn't show the glorious colours and lovely engraving, but hey, they're here and that's all that matters.

Thank you all for your patience :D

image_1.jpg

I bought a PoppyStand for mine.

Edited. Sorry, not having read the entire ten-page thread I didn't realise this was about a specific poppy and have deleted my text and photo and the post below Anne's. Apologies for hijacking.

Gwyn

I know it's been a looooooong time coming, and no-one was more fed up than me to hear the rantings of a mad woman going on and on and on, but finally after waiting 3 months they've arrived - HURRAY!

All 3 together at the same time and in perfect condition. Put together relatively easily enough and displayed in one of James' (Red Barchetta) lovely shell casings. I balanced the weight of the poppies by way of garden stone chippings, which also allowed me to insert the poppies at different heights. Unfortunately the sun is against us today and doesn't show the glorious colours and lovely engraving, but hey, they're here and that's all that matters.

Thank you all for your patience :D

image_1.jpg

Yippee Kim, good news, so glad to read this and they look good.

Excellent, Kim, finally the tale reaches its happy ending!

See you at the conference.

James

Awwww, thanks Jerry :D

Thanks for your help James, really does look lovely on my windowsill (photo doesn't do your shell casing or the poppies justice).

Yes, see you in March'

Slightly off topic, but does anyone have a number for the T of L Poppy help centre. Despite repeated emails and assurances, on checking order status, they still have the wrong address.

Thanks in anticipation

Barry

I bought a PoppyStand for mine. I liked the idea of supporting a small family firm which makes architectural metalwork and I thought the brushed steel stand was elegant in itself. This was taken in artificial light so the colours aren't true.

Gwyn

Thank you so much for this information Gwyn. I have made several attempts to display mine, all with no success, and the poppy has ended up in the box each time. I very much like the brushed steel stand and have put an order in for one just now. Many thanks indeed.

Anne

Slightly off topic, but does anyone have a number for the T of L Poppy help centre. Despite repeated emails and assurances, on checking order status, they still have the wrong address.

Thanks in anticipation

Barry

Barry, I have the following number for the Customer Service Team: 03037701914 - the Customer Service Centre is open Monday to Friday 9.00-17.00. Good luck.

Anne

Thanks in anticipation

Barry

I looked on the FAQ's and they advised this: (although I nite you're not moving, but the same advice can apply)

Moving home?

Unfortunately we are no longer able to amend delivery addresses.

When your parcel is with Yodel (our delivery partner) you will be contacted by SMS and/or email and will have the opportunity to make amendments during the delivery process.

Also, if you look at the postings on this thread, dated just before Christmas, between Sue Light and myself there may be a contact telephone number there. Hope that helps.

Pleased for you, Kim.

I hate to think how much we would have heard about this if your poppy hadn't arrived before the conference season!

Mine arrived (quietly) last week.

Paul

What a good idea of Tom's to amend the title, and congratulations at last Kim.

Anne

Many thanks to Anne and Kim. The poppy in question is for friends in Belgium but the address is a mixture of mine and theirs.off to try to make contact with a real live person not an answer machine

Thanks again

Barry

Success!! Got through first time. It appears international and bulk orders are not being despatched until the end of Feb. The annoying thing is we are going a week today and could have taken ourselves if it had been delivered to our home address.

Thanks again for all the help.

Cheers

Barry

What a good idea of Tom's to amend the title, and congratulations at last Kim.

Anne

Yes indeed it was! I've been looking, looking. So pleased Kim, but such a long wait. Beautifully displayed.

Judy

I bought a PoppyStand for mine.

Edited. Sorry, not having read the entire ten-page thread I didn't realise this was about a specific poppy and have deleted my text and photo and the post below Anne's. Apologies for hijacking.

Gwyn

Gwyn, I reckon you haven't hijacked the thread at all - the title was amended by Tom today to reflect Kim's joy at receiving hers at last.

Anne

Awww thanks Paul! :P

It wasn't about anyone's poppy in particular, it was a general discussion about people receiving theirs and how they would be displayed, which was started by Tom.

For the title to be changed was a leg pull.

Gwynn has every right to post what she likes on this thread. No need to feel excluded or delete anything.

Sorry to have caused any problem by my change of title. We have all been on tenterhooks waiting for our poppies to arrive - Kim more than most and in an entertaining way, too, I thought. No offence intended to any other contributor to the thread.

Tom

Tom you haven't caused offence to anyone, I'm sure. Your thread has been very informative for all of us waiting for our deliveries. Thank you for starting it.

I am appalled at this news. I hoped that this potential Epic it would at least run for seven series of full 24 one hour episodes (and a boxed set). Does the director of this topic know nothing about series ending cliffhangers!? :whistle:

Steve.