Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Kim'sTower of London Poppy has arrived!

Tom Morgan

Thank you Moonraker - I'm starting to get excited now and can't wait for mine to arrive.

Anne

• Admin

Mine arrived today

Michelle

Does anybody know if they are going out in any particular order, ie areas of the country rather than order number? I only ask as mine was ordered on 5th August poppy order number 52***. when I look on order status on Yodel they have no parcel details. I received an email on 18th November telling me my Poppy was being picked.

Many thanks

Don't worry Mandy, I haven't received mine yet and I ordered on 6th August, although it's very disheartening when everyone else seems to be getting theirs.

Judy posted earlier in the week that she'd received a reply to an email enquiring about delivery. It was along the lines of whereabouts you live and how close you are to a depot was how quickly you'd receive your poppy.

Kim

I find myself look every day to see if yours has arrived....this morning I really thought - this is it!!!

What to say - I don't know ... disheartening as you say

Judy

Thank you Kim,

I know its busy time of year now for delivery companys. just hope mine arrives in one piece!

yes its a bit disheartening but I will be patient.

Mandy

.... I really thought - this is it!!!

Judy

With every email that arrives and every knock on the door, that's what I think. It's a lot of high hopes :(

Ours arrived today in very good condition. Order number 396*** 8 September. We were out when the courier called but he left a contact number. Called him back when we got in and our poppy was delivered within 20 minutes. Excellent service from Yodel.

Mine hasn't arrived, but as I bought it (in mid-August) in the expectation it wouldn't arrive until the new year, and I expected it not to be a competition to see whose arrived soonest, I'm happy to wait. Let the excitement of the Festive Season abate first, I say.

Mine have just arrived - ordered on 5 August. Hopefully Kim's will not be too far behind!

Neil

According to the BBC, Yodel appear to have stated that they are delaying the pick-up for delivery of retailers orders for 72 hours so that they can clear the backlog of deliveries that have arisen since "Black Friday" and "Manic Monday". No mention made of their delivering the Tower Poppies contract which presumably pre-dated both.

regards

Indefatigable

Just had an email mail stating that 250000 poppies have been delivered, more than expected by now. Delivery will be slowed by Christmas rush but will pick up after the festivities. If it is a gift you can print a gift certificate.

Nigel

Nigel, I have just received the same email - will keep my fingers crossed for delivery before Christmas but as I wasn't expecting it to arrive until January/February am not disappointed.

Anne

I had that email too. I didn't realise it was a mail shot, I thought it was in response to an email I sent this afternoon (out of frustration) on the principle of (like Premium Bonds are said to work) enquiring where mine was, it would then actually arrive.

Yes, I had the email but I had my poppy weeks ago!

I had that email too. I didn't realise it was a mail shot, I thought it was in response to an email I sent this afternoon (out of frustration) on the principle of (like Premium Bonds are said to work) enquiring where mine was, it would then actually arrive.

Kim. It probably wasn't a mail shot. I suspect we all (approx 500,000 of us) got the email because of your email! :) Keep up the good work!

Paul

And that is probably why the last line is "Please note the Contact Centre is unable to hasten deliveries" !! That was aimed very firmly at you, Kim!!!

I'm just pleased I don't live anywhere near Harrogate. You know which postcode is going to get its poppies last, don't you?

After receiving the email yesterday saying delivery will be slowed by the Christmas rush I was amazed to receive mine today (sorry Kim) and am now setting to work trying to remove the rust from the 'stem'.

Anne

I am interested to know how members are displaying their poppy - or in Kim's case, how she will (eventually) display hers?

Anne