Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Kim'sTower of London Poppy has arrived!

Tom Morgan

That is such a nice idea Trev2386. I have no idea how to display mine but a tall slim vase filled with fine gravel sounds wonderful.

Anne

I ordered one in September as a festive gift for Ayesha.

It has yet to arrive.

To whom do I send a rather rude email of complaint?

Bruce

I have purchased 3 poppies (one to comemmorate each relative who died). I have thought long and hard about what to do with them, often thinking a vase would be appropriate. However, I'm aware that three of them will carry some weight so that may not be possible.

An alternative is to put one in a display case, along with a bar of chocolate (3 in reserve, one for each poppy), but then what to do with the other two? Do I give one to my son (would he appreciate it's meaning?) and keep one in case of mishaps?

Do I shove all three in the attic and bring them out only during Remembrance?

I have a feeling I shall know what to do with them once I get them :)

It has yet to arrive.

Bruce

Seeing as delivery was originally stated to be Jan/Feb 2015, nobody!

Roger

:rolleyes:

Qui tacet consentire videtur?

Paul

Is that Boltonese??

Trev - any chance of a pic of how you have displayed yours? It sounds good.

Neil

I have purchased 3 poppies (one to comemmorate each relative who died). I have thought long and hard about what to do with them, often thinking a vase would be appropriate. However, I'm aware that three of them will carry some weight so that may not be possible.

An alternative is to put one in a display case, along with a bar of chocolate (3 in reserve, one for each poppy), but then what to do with the other two? Do I give one to my son (would he appreciate it's meaning?) and keep one in case of mishaps?

Do I shove all three in the attic and bring them out only during Remembrance?

I have a feeling I shall know what to do with them once I get them :)

Kim, this is a difficult decision for you to make but you should think less about putting them in the attic. For me each one symbolizes one of the fallen and the thought of putting them away in the attic and not seeing them is a non-starter. I do think a vase of some kind would be very appropriate but it wasn't until my poppy was delivered that I waivered, hence my post to see what others intended doing. If you have ordered three I reckon your relatives should be remembered equally and not one put in a display case and the others????? My son is not getting near mine as I know he does not (yet) appreciate what they stand for but in time he might. I have a feeling you might know what to do with them when they arrive. To date the tall slim vase filled with gravel is the best idea for me.

I do hope yours come soon - there's still plenty of time before Christmas!

Anne

Trev2386

Is the red fine gravel Red Aquarium Gravel i.e. available in pet shops that sell aquariums and their accessories by any chance or did the gravel come from somewhere else?

regards

Indefatigable

As I'm allergic to anything technical, the photo I took is too big to attach. And I haven't got a clue how to make it smaller. Something to do with bytes, apparently!!

The gravel, did indeed, come from a pet shop. One kilo bag and, fortunately, in poppy red!!

(If anyone can tell me how to make a pickie smaller on an iPad, let me know!!)

It has yet to arrive.

Bruce

As it was made clear from the start that deliveries wouldn't be until New Year, probably no-one.

Sorry - didn't see Roger's response until I'd posted this one.

Edited by Steven Broomfield

As I'm allergic to anything technical, the photo I took is too big to attach. And I haven't got a clue how to make it smaller. Something to do with bytes, apparently!!

The gravel, did indeed, come from a pet shop. One kilo bag and, fortunately, in poppy red!!

(If anyone can tell me how to make a pickie smaller on an iPad, let me know!!)

Upload it to a photo hosting website, such as photobucket, then copy and paste the link here.

Trev2386

Many thanks for the information regarding the gravel, I'm sure that quite a few folks on here will find that useful.

regards

Indefatigable

They're not allowed to re-sell them on ebay. That listing has already been removed. The original cost was £25 + p&p.

I hadn't realised that delivery will be in the New Year.

Ayesha will just have to wait a bit longer for part of her festive season present.

Bruce

Ayesha will just have to wait a bit longer for part of her festive season present.

Bruce

Ooh, you will be in trouble. You can borrow mine until yours arrives - for a small fee of course!

Roger

Bruce

I believe there's something on the website which you can print off in lieu of the poppy, a certificate of sorts I think. Which 'covers' you until the real thing arrives.

It would be nice if Kim could pm Tom when her poppy arrives so he could amend the topic title to reflect this. Every time I see Kim has posted on the thread, I think it's been delivered, only to check on her post to find the saga continues !!! :thumbsup:

Same here Steve and each time I go to look at her posts to find it hasn't actually arrived I realise she must be getting more and more frustrated.

Anne

I believe there's something on the website which you can print off in lieu of the poppy, a certificate of sorts I think. Which 'covers' you until the real thing arrives.

It's on the bit of the website after you put in your email address and order number (to check on your poppy delivery status). Although, to be frank I wouldn't bother, I wouldn't call it a certificate, I'm sure you could knock something better together yourself.

It would be nice if Kim could pm Tom when her poppy arrives so he could amend the topic title to reflect this. Every time I see Kim has posted on the thread, I think it's been delivered, only to check on her post to find the saga continues !!! :thumbsup:

Sorry, I seem to have gotten some of you on as many tenterhooks as me :(

Sorry, I seem to have gotten some of you on as many tenterhooks as me :(

Yes you have! :P