Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Kim'sTower of London Poppy has arrived!

Tom Morgan

This is very strange. My confirmation email on 6th August gave me the number of 132,352. Seems strange Sue yours was the same date but such a difference in the number.

Anne

Have just checked again, and my acknowledgement email came at 18.36 on the 5th August, so a day or so earlier - that was probably the peak time for orders as they'd only announced it within the previous 24 hours, so fits in.

Sue

...The booklet that comes with the poppy makes for good reading as from that you get some idea of where the money goes. The RBL are giving all their portion to their Admiral Nursing Service, which is working with Dementia UK; a charity that looks after dementia sufferers

Garth

Thanks for that little snippet, Garth. Many more Admiral Nurses are needed throughout the UK so it's really good to hear that RBL are using their portion of the poppy sales in this way.

I've just checked my order status for order no 60610 ( confirmation letter 5th June ) and it tells me that the expected shipping date is January/February 2015.

Andy

My Poppy arrived last saturday around 8 pm , we all have thoughts and reasons for supporting this poppy scheme and it has made a lot of people think about the numbers that were lost.

My poppy is in memory of my Uncle Charlie lost and never found at the Hell that was Highwood.

Private Charles Henry Eggs 4992 1st/23 rd. Bn. London Regiment age 27 KIA 16 th. September 1916.

Remembered with honour

THIEPVAL MEMORIAL

Crimson Rambler

...The Jan/Feb 12015 delivery date seems overly pessimistic...

10,000 years does seem a little pessimistic :whistle:

Why do Admirals get their own nurses?

184673, 11th August. Still waiting.

Surname J, living in Hampshire, ordered 6th August, number 108715, and it's just arrived!

Hope that helps.

According to an article in the Times today, there is an insert in the box telling you to only plant them with gloves on and being very careful about pushing in the spike.

Its elf and safety. As the article says, have we advanced or regressed since Ypres?

According to an article in the Times today, there is an insert in the box telling you to only plant them with gloves on and being very careful about pushing in the spike.

Its elf and safety.

Actually it's not. It's our sad "compensation culture" where everyone wants their rights but doesn't want to take their responsibilities (sorry Mods, definitely OT but I had to...)

I had this email today in response to my query

Dear

Thank you for your email and your support.

They are delivered geograpically depending on quantity ordered within a range of a service centre. We hope this answers your question.

Thank you

Err, no it doesn't :(

Thanks for letting us know what they said Judy, as you may have guessed .......... I'm still waiting!

Well I did guess Kim - although of course I'm hoping yours will come any day. I was really surprised they replied to me (although it was clearly a generic reply - dear blank ... but it suggests they have had a lot of similar queries.). Waiting... waiting ... to hear your news! Mine are amazing. All different - as were the soldiers they represent. Powerful without a doubt.

Judy

Received mine today and I would strongly recommend the wearing of gloves as to put it together requires a fair bit of pressure on some hard edges.

Well presented but my certificate was damaged due to being glued to the inner timeline booklet. Ah well, at least its undamaged and it looks wonderful.

Maxi

Mine arrived yesterday afternoon. Very pleased to be the carer of a little piece of history.

Mine arrived yesterday afternoon. Very pleased to be the carer of a little piece of history.

Likewise Alan.

I really enjoyed everything about this excellent piece of art from the great atmosphere when viewing the installation, to the interesting conversations about this at work and between neighbours and friends. And now I own a bit of it!

Maxi

Ours arrived yesterday. They originally went to my wife's office,as we assumed a midweek delivery, but we got a text message telling us, and the nice young lady from Yodel was happy to bring them to our house. I'm not remembering anyone specific who was lost, but both my grandfathers returned wounded, so they are in my thoughts

Kim,

I got mine on Friday* and I'm not that far from Harrogate, you'll get yours soon !!!

* Or I would have if it hadn't been left with a neighbour who went away for the weekend;, still, I've got it now.