The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Kim'sTower of London Poppy has arrived!

Tom Morgan

Well done Trench Art works well , see mine on Post 154

Crimson Rambler

Well done Trench Art works well , see mine on Post 154

Crimson Rambler

Ah, so that's where the idea suddenly arose from - sorry, hadn't seen your post!! Well done for thinking of it!

James

:blush: I totally forgot about that, mixed up in the hubub of C******** , building work and decorating. It must have lodged in my mind though for me to remember it over the weekend.

I still think it looks lovely!

I am really wishing I had not missed the boat on these now...

:angry2:

You, me and about a million others!! :(

Hazel

Two poppies have just arrived without a preliminary email. They are absolutely fantastic and I am feeling genuinely emotional.

As far as I know neither my wife nor myself lost any relatives in WW1 although many served.

These poppies will remember soldiers who have nobody else to remember them.

Nigel

Well, the SO50 postcode delivery arrived today. No warning, but what the heck. It looks jolly nice; now all we need to do is decide what to do with it.

Gutted I missed out on these, Steven you will have to bring it in for me to see!

Heard yesterday, that the artist, cannot recall his name, is quoted as being, 'uncomfortable', with the emotional outpouring caused by his work?

Pardon me, but I thought art was supposed to make us think and stir up emotions!

How mine is displayed.

Well done Jerry B.

Crimson Rambler

Well done Jerry B.

Crimson Rambler

thanks.

I am glad I was able to visit the display when it was on and also to have bought one rose.

Anyone in London had there Poppy delivered yet, I only ask as I have two relatives, one received theirs last Wednesday (Gillingham) Kent and the other today Chislehurst, Kent. just wondering if they are leaving London last.

Anyone in London had there Poppy delivered yet, I only ask as I have two relatives, one received theirs last Wednesday (Gillingham) Kent and the other today Chislehurst, Kent. just wondering if they are leaving London last.

Hello my poppy was delivered about 2 months ago, ? I think it will depend on when you ordered it. I live in London area.

Crimson Rambler.

I ordered mine on 5th August, I know they were not going out in order date, just wondering if London area was last.

I had yodel tracking information just before Christmas that is was to be delivered 27th December. 27th December came and went and so did delivery date, now just says waiting for collection.

i had yodel card through my door today and got excited, but turned out to be catalogue delivery!!! :( ha ha never mind.

I ordered mine on 6th August and I live in Harrogate (North Yorkshire) and I'm still waiting. I know of at least three others who have received their poppies 4/5 weeks ago, who live only a couple of miles from me. It really isn't anything to do with where you live or when you orderd, or even indeed how many you ordered. Reading all the different reports (from here and elsewhere) the deliveries really are random.

We won one of 2,000 miniature poppies in similar style, for lapel, in the Daily Mail free draw ! Very neat and well finished and we are pleased with it. Just need to remember that it doesn't stop donations to Poppy Appeal each year.

A second item cost us postage only but is an excellent glossy poster, 60cms x 82cms, of the Tower Poppy Field.

I have just got home and to find another yodel card through the door, this time its my Poppy and it has been delivered to my neighbour next door. I don't really want to disturb them this late so will collect in the morning. cant wait, so excited!! :poppy::) .

Mine was delivered yesterday. I phoned my daughter straight away to tell her, as she had also had an email yesterday morning. Whilst we were on the phone her doorbell rang and it was Yodel with her delivery. She lives 12 miles away from me and had ordered her poppy 2 months after me and they were delivered within 5 minutes of each other! They had both come from the same depot at Northampton. We're thrilled with them and they're so well presented with a stunning picture of the Tower of London inside the box.

June

I notice on another forum that ceramic poppies in the style of these are now being sold on the bay and are attracting a lot of bids.