Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Great War Forum Conference 2013 - all speakers now announced

AlanCurragh

Will there be a form of aparteid in the seating arrangements?

146 of us on one side of the room, and four figgists on the other?

Joking aside, really looking forward to the Conference, and also to the OC on Friday evening.

Bruce

I intend to book the OC for the Friday evening as I am in the city tomorrow afternoon and hope they don't remember me from last year!

Hi there Kim and gang, just down for the day, sorry folks plus dinner.

I intend to book the OC for the Friday evening as I am in the city tomorrow afternoon and hope they don't remember me from last year!

Thanks Alan

Baby steps Roger, baby steps. We get you at the conference this year, you'll be down for the whole weekend next year, I promise you!

My thanks too Alan, you can always try wearing a disguise if you're that worried :)

g

!

My thanks too Alan, you can always try wearing a disguise if you're that worried :)

Something like the Ronald Regan mask that bank robbers in American crime films often wear - can you get a Douglas Haig mask?

Still a few places left - but please be quick!

Night before OC Alcove booked from 6.30 p.m.

An attempt by me to secure a place in Premier Inn brought an offer of £77 per night ...I declined.

Any recommendations, pals ?

A good bivvy close at hand for the Saturday night required.

Phil (PJA)

The later you leave it the dearer they get. Travelodges?

Keith

There is a Holiday Inn Express in the city which is quite cheap I think, plus a couple of Travelodges. I believe that the esteemed Mr Hart is staying at one of them

Don't stay in the one we did, it was horrid, but I can't remember which one it was, it was in the city centre though, close to an underground car park - hence why we stayed in Premier Inn in the following years.

You're probably best staying away from the Premier Inn anyway, last year there were strange tales of a Yorkshire lass stumbling around with a pint in each hand....

Careful Alan - look what happened to me when I made comments about this.

I am giving the Eaton Hotel a try this year. It is just down the road from the Premier Inn but hopefully won't have a car park populated by birds whose aim in life is sh****ng on my car! Last year I though pigs or cows had been roosting in the trees.

http://www.eatonhotel.co.uk/

Neil

It has no immunity against spells cast in Yorkshire.

Keith

I attended a preview of P.M. Hart's lecture on the French Army in 1914 last night, delivered to a goodly audience of the Devon and Cornwall WFA, on a night graced with appalling weather. I can't give anything away but there is some content in there easily worth the admission fee for 13 April by itself. On a personal note, I will remain convinced that Peter's slides and words were all in the right order, just not necessarily in the order he was expecting them. Brilliant.

Cheers,

Simon

Just booked, in the nick of time, for my first GWF Conference...

Regarding bringing stuff to display, that Alan mentions, do people actually do this? Would it be worth me bringing some trench art along, do you think?

James

Yes, people do this (some things actually sell too!).

I for one am greatly looking forward to seeing what you have, pease bring it.

Absolutely, yes, anyone with WW1 items to sell or display is very welcome to bring them along

I have taken delivery of some pins to raise money for a Welsh memorial in the Salient (everyone else seems to have a memorial, except the Welsh!)

Pin collectors can purchase one for a mere three British pounds.

Bruce