Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Great War Forum Conference 2013 - all speakers now announced

AlanCurragh

Roger, you should be able to consider it a secure car-park though, as it's part of the West Midlands Police HQ

Roger, you should be able to consider it a secure car-park though, as it's part of the West Midlands Police HQ

Just make sure none of them trips over your car!

Thanks all, enjoyed that one Centurion

Goood evening,

For the first time, this year I'll be staying at the Premier Inn, Hagley Road on the Friday night as well but I won't get there until 7.30/8.00 ish. How long will people be at The Old Contemptibles for ? and what's the best way to get there from the Premier Inn ?

We usually stay until chucking out time, then some of us go,to the curry house right next door to the premier inn.

We always use a taxi, but usually between a few of us.

Thanks Kim,

Taxi it is then. If anyone else is arriving around the same time perhaps we could share ? (I am CRB checked :thumbsup: )

There'll be quite a few of us there Steve, so if you have a GWF badge, sport it, otherwise look for the hotel residents who seem slightly abnormal. I have been off about 7.30, but I dare say that some flexibility might be achieved. My CRB check is probably out of date now, so you must take your chance.

Keith

I think we'll be at the Premier Inn a little later this year, around 8. Badge wearing is a good idea - I of course am readliy identifiable due to my gazelle-like physique and air of panic...

I think we'll be at the Premier Inn a little later this year, around 8. Badge wearing is a good idea - I of course am readliy identifiable due to my gazelle-like physique and air of panic...

Absolutely - I understand that when the Greeks decided to produce a replacement of the ancient statue of Atlas he was asked to model - he's the one Atlas is holding up!

I seem to remember we tend to congregate in the bar area of the PI at 7 - 7.30 and slip off about 8ish, when we've all 'found' each other (usually by sitting in small pockets, ordering a drink and smiling hopefully at anyone who looks lost - *disclaimer* it s not true I picked up three tramps, a sixpenny piece and a cold last year using this method).

No reaon why we have to be sharp away, the OC isn't too distant in time, I'm sure there'll be someone about Steve.

It also ensured Kim a beer in each hand

Keith

Hello all, plenty of free parking nearby at the Mac Centre / Cannon Hill car park. Huge. There is also a gate that leads into the Tally Ho Complex right by the sports club / Lord Knight Suite from this location.

I maybe able to attend but wont know until the eve before. Is there any chance of payment on the door?

I may also be able to make the OCs the night before. What time is the meet?

I live very local to the venue / OC and know the location well. Parking should be no issue at the Mac.

BTW if there are any events on in the West Mids parking within Tally Ho maybe limited by police vehicles / staff vehicles?

TT

Alan is in charge of numbers, and the heavy security on the door. I'm sure he'll be able to squeeze one more in, unless numbers have really gone mad.

The night before, arrival (and departure) from the OC will be pretty flexible. Some pals might well be there by 7.00pm, I'm sure all who are going there will have turned up by 8.30 or so, and departure times may well depend on capacity rather than planning.

Keith

Hello all, plenty of free parking nearby at the Mac Centre / Cannon Hill car park. Huge. There is also a gate that leads into the Tally Ho Complex right by the sports club / Lord Knight Suite from this location.

I maybe able to attend but wont know until the eve before. Is there any chance of payment on the door?

I may also be able to make the OCs the night before. What time is the meet?

I live very local to the venue / OC and know the location well. Parking should be no issue at the Mac.

BTW if there are any events on in the West Mids parking within Tally Ho maybe limited by police vehicles / staff vehicles?

TT

And remember to step carefully around any constables who have fallen over and are waiting for their lawyers to arrive

Trench trotter is absolutely right. I used to live just down the road and I had clean forgotten that the Cannon Hill - MAC car park is so close! That would be good as an overspill if you get stuck. Come out of the Tally Ho car park, turn right, right at the lights and then right.

• Admin

TT

Would a Villa home game count? See Alan Tucker's post a few earlier.

:w00t: Villa game should be ok. The game is controlled at the ground rather than from facilities at tally Ho and resources dont congregate at the location.

Anyhow crowds of three or four usually dont need policing!!!!!!! :whistle:

No problem - still a few spaces, and you can pay when you arrive

Hi Alan,

As the conference draws near are you able to post a list of all those attending ?

Here is a list of attending pals - there are quite a number of non-forum members going too. I think this is complete - but for some attendees I only have an email address so I'm not sure if they are on the forum.

If you think your name should be here, and isn't, please let me know!

--

Alan Tucker

Andrew England

Andy R

andywalker

august

AWakefield

Bayne

Brian Curragh

brown962

BruceHubbard

Brummie Fusilier

Burlington

Carole1

Centurion

Christina Holstein

Compton Clive

david crouch

Doug Lewis

Forton

Gunboat

Ian N

IanW

Ice Tiger

jennifer41

jmoha

John Hartley

John p

John(txic)

johnsp1

judy7007

Julian Byng

Kate Wills

Keith Roberts

Kirky

Krithia

Locheelad

LST_164

Luke_S

Malcolm Linham

Mandy Hall

Mhifle

MichaelBully

Mr Pighills

MunsterBW

Neil McKenzie

nicburch

Orson

OXI390

paraglide1

Paul@Bolton

Phil Wood

Pighills

PJA

PMHart

PPCLI

Purley

Ravin de la Mort

RedBarchetta

Ric Pelvin

RockDoc

Roger H

Roger Popeye

Seany

Serre 16

Simon Birch

Simon J

Simon_Fielding

Skipman

SPOF

Squirrel

Stephen Barker

Steve Knox

SteveMarsdin

Stratford

The English Dog

thepathfinder

Tony E

Tony Paley

Trenchfinder

Typhoon

Vbeach

Vern Littley

Yeoman-Jez

What a distinguished bunch. I am impressed.

Keith

:w00t: Villa game should be ok. The game is controlled at the ground rather than from facilities at tally Ho and resources dont congregate at the location.

Anyhow crowds of three or four usually dont need policing!!!!!!! :whistle:

Er - I will let you off your wilful ignorance Tim as you were crawling around muddy Somme fields at the time of our last home game when just over 42000 turned up!

Hi Alan

Just outpointing that I bowed out, having opted to go to Bhutan (and rather regretting it now -- hope you all have a great time)

cheers Martin B

The event does sound absolutely wonderful. If there weren't a great big ocean in the way I'd find a car park and meet you all at the PI as well.

Hi Alan

Just outpointing that I bowed out, having opted to go to Bhutan (and rather regretting it now -- hope you all have a great time)

cheers Martin B

Indeed, Martin, I should have omitted you - and have editted the list above