Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Great War Forum Conference and Dinner - fifth speaker announced!

AlanCurragh

Ian

I think it is a very good idea, but just to bear in mind that not all of us will be staying for dinner, so the items would have to be distributed at the end of the conference. Just a minor detail I know. :)

Regards Doug

Hi all! Just a quick line to say I'm not going to be able to come along to the conference. sad.gif I've got too much work on at the mo, which is good as I'm self employed and in the current financial climate... well y'know? Needs must, Devil drives, etc.

Anyhoo, I hope you all have a terrific time and hope to meet you all next year.

Cheers

Colin (kof)

..but just to bear in mind that not all of us will be staying for dinner, so the items would have to be distributed at the end of the conference.

Yes, of course. If this idea goes ahead, those leaving at the end of the conference would of course take their items with them.

I thought it might be amusing if some of the items could be given out after dinner - perhaps by a guest speaker or two.

Have just payed my balance by PayPal - I have several of Mr Hart's esteemed publications - kept in a safety deposit box at the bank due to their rarity.

Have just payed my balance by PayPal - I have several of Mr Hart's esteemed publications - kept in a safety deposit box at the bank due to their rarity.

Is that because they are unsigned copies Squirrel? :P

Will pay my balance ASAP, probably after I have got round to booking the flight!! :wacko:

Where are folk staying this time as (you might have guessed by now) I have not booked accommodation as yet? Also, are we meeting Friday night again? - brilliant start to last year when I got to the bar and saw Leffe on tap :thumbsup:

Jim

Hi Jim

I'm in the dodgy Travelodge again at Broadway Plaza, but I feel very sure that A few of us will make it to "The Old Contemptible" on the Friday evening for a loosener or two.

Keith

There has been some talk of perhaps a curry in addition to a pint this year - I will make a laughable attempt to organise this nearer the time.....

Is that because they are unsigned copies Squirrel? :P

Jim

Certainly is Jim!

Balance for me and Helen Whiteley of £70 just sent via the PayPal link.

Can special dietary requirements be considered for the dinner?

Balance sent and flight booked - I was really on fire last evening (for a change).

Not booking anywhere to stay yet - wanted to see where folk were staying so a little German bear isn't on his lonesome. :unsure:

Actually being a Yorkshireman I just want to share the taxis. :P

Jim

Balance sent and flight booked - I was really on fire last evening (for a change).

Not booking anywhere to stay yet - wanted to see where folk were staying so a little German bear isn't on his lonesome. :unsure:

Actually being a Yorkshireman I just want to share the taxis. :P

Jim

Neil Mackenzie started a separate thread on accommodation here

cheers Martin B

Absolutely - send me a PM with details

Alan, have had all manner of difficulty getting a PM to you - I will try from another machine, but if that doesn't work, please try me!

Neil Mackenzie started a separate thread on accommodation here

cheers Martin B

Thanks Martin - I thought I had seen some talk of where folk were staying but when it wasn't in this thread I thought I had been imagining it! :blink: I have been a little stressed of late, I may start a Skindles thread to describe my experiences - not pleasant.

Half Term is here - I am saved.

Jim

Less than 5 weeks to go now - still space available if you want to come to the Conference

Alan

Alan

How many do we have at the moment?

Martin

Still waiting on some people to make up their minds, but I suspect there will be around 90 folks there

As a relatively new member to this forum I am looking forward enormously to my first GWF conference. Was there talk of issueing a list of attendees? It would be useful to see which of the scary ones are attending :unsure:

it would be useful to see which of the scary ones are attending :unsure:

Who do you have in mind? :lol:

On a serious note, you will find it very easy to talk to everyone. But just don't get into a drinking session with someone who shall remain nameless (but he has just released a book about Gallipoli).

Roger