Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Great War Forum Conference and Dinner - fifth speaker announced!

AlanCurragh

Was that a rumour, or a leek?

Keith

I'll go get my coat.

I hear a rumour that the new speaker is Welsh! Is this right Alan? Does this mean lamb won't be on the menu at the dinner?

Pete

:devilgrin::lol:

Good evening All,

My wife would like to to spend the weekend in the area too, with our dog as well; do any members know of any accommodation (such as a cottage) in commuting distance of the venue that take dogs ?

I appreciate that the Forum's not a travel agency and I am checking the relevant websites but as it's not an area of the country I'm particularly familiar with I'd be happy to read any suggestions that you can make

I hear a rumour that the new speaker is Welsh! Is this right Alan? Does this mean lamb won't be on the menu at the dinner?

Pete

Well, Mr Hart isn't quite right - despite his name, if the internet is to be believed, he's actually from Ipswich!

I'm very pleased to announce our fifth speaker as Taff Gillingham, talking on the "Development of the British Infantry Equipment of the Great War". Taff will hopefully be bringing along his faithful assistant to act as a "model" for the talk.

So our line up is Jack Sheldon, Peter Hart, Alan Wakefield, Gordon Corrigan and Taff Gillingham. Please let me know if you want to come along, or have any questions

Thanks

Alan

Sounds like another brilliant day, Alan. I'm looking forward to it already.

Keith

A quick Google reveals this

Thanks Diane, I'll investigate some of those

• 2 weeks later...

Are there still places? I need one more.

She's decided it'll be better than shopping, then?

cheers Martin B :P

No chance, you've never seen Mrs Seany approach shopping like a vampire approaching its next victim.

She's decided it'll be better than shopping, then?

cheers Martin B :P

Alan.

Just out of interest - what are the rough number now attending?

Thanks

Neil

Around 60 at the moment, Neil

Around 60 at the moment, Neil

Now around 61, I've just paid my deposit.

Roy

Alan

I've paid my deposit via PayPal.

Regards Doug.

Hi Alan,

Have just paid my £10 deposit via Paypal.

Long way from Dundee but well worth it if Pete Hart finally buys me the pint he is due me and agrees not to sign his new book.

Look forward to the event

Bob Paterson

This conference thing sounds great! I won't know exactly what my work commitments will be around the start of April till the end of this month, but I'll definitely be there if I can. That's a good line up of speakers. Can't wait.