Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Great War Forum Conference and Dinner - fifth speaker announced!

AlanCurragh

Hi chums,

I already have a train booked on the Friday but am wondering if any kind chap - or chappess - going by car would like to transport my books to the conference? They would need to collect them from Muswell Hill! Any chance? I'll buy you a pint or give you a free coy of 1918! Unsigned!

Hopeful Pete

Pete, you're not that far from where we're setting off (Bushey); we'll be heading for my mother's on Friday night, so Helen and I could assist?

Hi chums,

I already have a train booked on the Friday but am wondering if any kind chap - or chappess - going by car would like to transport my books to the conference? They would need to collect them from Muswell Hill! Any chance? I'll buy you a pint or give you a free coy of 1918! Unsigned!

Hopeful Pete

Pete

And what are you doing to do about the thousands of unsold books on your return journey? Hire a train or donate them to the irmingham Police Sports Club?

Charles M

Thousands?! Those new publishers of Pete's are obviously rampant optimists. Still, I suppose they'll learn - assuming they remain solvent long enough.

Awestruck George

Welll I never! I expect such thing from George but Charles? Charles how could you! Anyway lovely StaffsYeoman has stood forward and I am now fully covered! So yah boo sucks to the pair of you!

Cheers,

Pete

Hi chums,

Hopeful Pete

So does your Virgin freebie train pass not extend to free travel for your 3 books for selling and your copy of Cambrai 1917 for reading on the train ?

See you next week!

Bob

Will there be a supply of GWF badges on sale for those of us who have mislaid ours?

Angela

Yes, Angela, Kate is bringing some badges along

Alan

Glad to hear about the badges being available.

Brian, the fireman who regularly attends the Last Post, collects pins. he hadn't got one of ours, so i gave him mine.

Now i need another one.

Bruce

Are you still accepting bookings for this event or is the list now closed? I've just found out I'll be free on the 2nd and would like to attend, I wouldn't be attending the dinner afterwards.

Hi Typhoon - just about enough time - you can pay on the day if you wish

Alan

Hi Alan,

Good News! I'll be there - Can I ask, do you have a postcode for the venue and is there parking nearby?

Regards

Brian (Typhoon)

There is parking at the site, next to the venue. Here is a map, on the Tallly Ho's own site.

Keith

Thanks Keith,

Hope to see you there!

Regards

Brian (Typhoon)

Looking forward to seeing everyone on Saturday. I cannot match Pete's car load of new stuff but I shall be bringing a pen, so if you would like any books signing, do not forget to bring them with you.

Jack

A reminder that if you are around on Friday evening, please join us in the Old Contemptibles in Birmingham for a beer or two....

...or three........

Roger

Edit: What time are we meeting up??

Is there anywhere near that hostelry where the evening could be rounded off with a Birmingham balti?

keith

Is there anywhere near that hostelry where the evening could be rounded off with a Birmingham balti?

keith

Keith

The genuine Balti Belt is a taxi ride away, but with a few sharing it would be cheapish.

Roger

Regarding time, we'll hope to be getting there by 8 o'clock or so

Sounds worthwhile Roger

I'm on if there's interest

Keith

Very pleased to report that a shipment of my book arrived at home today. This is the first time I have seen it "in the flesh" myself. Must say that P&S have done an outstanding job of production - it loooks great. Forum attendees will be able to purchase it before the actual publication date.

Chris - my expectations rising, I'm expecting you to have a table set up like Katie Price or one of the other literary greats of our time.

:thumbsup:

AndyR