Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Great War Forum Conference and Dinner - fifth speaker announced!

AlanCurragh

Sean - thanks for reminding me about saying who is attending - I'll do that at the weekend (forum members anyway - there are a few people coming this time not known to me from the forum)

On reflection 'scary' may not have been the correct word. However as a novice to the field (although approaching my first anniversary as a member) there have been some members who have a wealth of knowledge and who have added enormously to my education and there are some who have strong opinions and defend those opinions quite vigorously, there are some who surprise me (I never knew for example that Centurion had drawn some fantastic pictures) and some who are a combination of all of these. My attendance to some extent will be 'chum spotting'.

Who do you have in mind? :lol:

On a serious note, you will find it very easy to talk to everyone. But just don't get into a drinking session with someone who shall remain nameless (but he has just released a book about Gallipoli).

Roger

He Seany,

Just to reassure you George won't be going! He's frightened to be seen out in daylight for some reason and also fears general opprobrium for his appalling dress sense and unique hairstyle!

Water Carrier Pete

PS Boo!

Guest baileypk

Morning Alan,

Another two please to attend the conference. Travelling to Brum early Saturday the 2nd of April but we will not be stopping for the dinner.

Seeing it is a little late (less than a month to go to the conference), I will pay the full amount of £50 via the paypal link.

cheers,

Paul & guest Dave Bird

He Seany,

Just to reassure you George won't be going! He's frightened to be seen out in daylight for some reason and also fears general opprobrium for his appalling dress sense and unique hairstyle!

Water Carrier Pete

PS Boo!

I resemble that remark, which reminds me why I've never liked you!

Bullied George

Morning Alan,

Another two please to attend the conference. Travelling to Brum early Saturday the 2nd of April but we will not be stopping for the dinner.

Seeing it is a little late (less than a month to go to the conference), I will pay the full amount of £50 via the paypal link.

cheers,

Paul & guest Dave Bird

Thanks Dave - payment received

Pete and George - stop squabbling! :lol:

Alan

Any discussion or hope that the talks can be recorded on a DVD system and then offered for sale to forum members? I would be happy to pay for handling, shipping and DVD to see the speakers as it is not possible to attend.

Just a thought. Anyone else interested?

Ralph

may swear or otherwise disgrace themselves!

Cautious Pete

Not sure there is a 'may' in it. :whistle:

Jim

Ralph

Not entirely what you want but if the technology (a digital recorder) works, I will be recording the talks. Then with the artists' (?) permission & acceptable royalty deals having been negotiated, we could make them available possibly?

I did the same last year so will need to come up with a solution for those speakers who persisted in stalking up and down the stage (you know who you are) - but the quality wasn't bad.

Regards

Brian

Here is the list of forum members attending - I've not included guests, or non-forum members, and there are a few names on here who haven't 100% confirmed.

My current expectation are that there will be just over 100 people present in total

--

AGWR

Alan Curragh

Alan Tucker

Alan Wakefield

Andrew Hesketh

Andy R

Andy Walker

Angelab

Brian Curragh

Bruce Hubbard

Bryan Webb

Burlington

CGM

Charles Fair

Chief Chum

Chris Baker

Chris Harley

Doug Lewis

Edwin Astill

Gunboat

Ian Murphy

Ian Riley

Ian W

Jack Sheldon

Jim Grundy

Jim Smithson

Jim Storr

Jmoha

John (txic)

Kate Wills

Kate Wills

Keith Roberts

Kersland

KOF

Krithia

Les Turner

Locheelad

LST 164

Malcolm Linham

Martin Bennitt

Matt Dixon

Mhifle

Mike Steele

MNC

Neil McKenzie

Orson

Pighills

PMHart

PPCLI

Purley

Ric Pelvin

RichM

Rockdoc

Roger H

Roy Evans

Seany

Simon Birch

Skipman

Squirrel

StaffsYeoman

Steve Marsdin

Steven Garnett

Susan Tall

Ter Posterie

Tony Paley

V Beach

Woody

a double helping of Kate Wills as a bonus :)

cheers Martin B

Numbers? Ah yes, I forgot to mention that I would be bringing my fan club, just in case anybody can't get the jokes, or, indeed wishes to express any opinion contrary to mine.

post-6447-0-06365700-1299411296.jpg

Jack

Oy! Ratty....I'm coming too!!!

Ayesha

Be warned, Alan.....a woman scored, and all that!

Bruce

The threat implied in her message to Alan just got me to miss out the "n"!!!

:lol:

Bruce

If it molifies Ayesha, I did say

Here is the list of forum members attending - I've not included guests, or non-forum members

Even so.... :ph34r::ph34r::ph34r:

Thank you Alan.

That may mean that I don't have to hide the contents of the knife drawer.......

Bruce

Anyone staying in a hotel on the friday night, if so which one?

Will have to try one of those famous Birmingham Curry's!rolleyes.gif

Now over 110 people attending, a couple of rather well known Great War associations will have stands and at least four authors offering their new books for sale.

Still not too late to sign up - it should be a great day

Alan

Alan, are you saying that the Western Front Association is having a stand at the conference? Good. That would be quite a turnround from their dismissive attitude toward the GWF of a few years ago.

Have to save my pocket money for a couple of weeks then!

Alan, are you saying that the Western Front Association is having a stand at the conference? Good. That would be quite a turnround from their dismissive attitude toward the GWF of a few years ago.

Yes indeed, Chris

Numbers? Ah yes, I forgot to mention that I would be bringing my fan club, just in case anybody can't get the jokes, or, indeed wishes to express any opinion contrary to mine.

Jack

Hals und beinbruch Jack.