Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Great War Forum Conference and Dinner - fifth speaker announced!

AlanCurragh

• Admin

Will look into dates etc but will also need to look for an alternative hotel; I refuse to stay in the place we stayed in this year ever again.............. :wacko:

Michelle

Where did you stay this year?

Bruce

A few of us stayed at the Kensington - it is within walking distance of the Tally Ho but that is its only attraction in my opinion. We will not be rebooking there next year.

Thanks to those who have sent cheques this week - and I should be able to announce the fourth speaker in a day or so - and I think he'll have some very interesting and possibly controversial things to say....

You are a tease Alan.......its not the producer of Sunday's BBC documentary is it :thumbsup: ......or Zuber ?

Ha! No, it's not Mr Zuber - but please feel free to guess....

If it is John Mosier, author of "The Myth of the Great War", then I'll spend the winter sharpening the knives!

Bruce

Actually I would love to hear Dr Zuber attempt to explain his strange views in front of an informed British audience!

Brian

PS - if there's a prize, can I guess who the 4th speaker is ?? ;)

Reaching for the knife drawer already!

Bruce

Is it Paul Harris finally emerging to defend his book on Haig from the slings and arrows of George's brilliant hatchet job? I'll bring the rotten eggs and a camera!

Pete

At long last, I think we may have found a use for fig rolls!

Bruce

I have to give a cautious commitment because like last year it skirts around the dates of an annual training event I attend. But I hope to have those dates soon and if it doesn't clash you can count me in. For those that didn't make it last year I can confirm it was a marvellous day.

I may have to be somewhere else (and will not know until February) but, if commitment is needed, I guarantee my £20 for the day, show or no show. Probably scuttling back to Warrington afterwards. Will deal with payment later this week

Ian

Thanks Gunboat, Susan and Ian. The numbers have picked up a little in the last few days so I'll probably merge this thread into the main one

Alan

I'm very pleased to be able to announce Gordon Corrigan as the fourth speaker at the 2nd Great War Forum conference on 2nd April next year, in Birmingham. He will be talking on "The Myths and Realities of the Western Front". Previously confirmed are Jack Sheldon, Peter Hart and Alan Wakefield.

Gordon is the author of Mud Blood and Poppycock, a book that has inspired some forthrght opinions on the forum. He should prove to be a very interesting and provocative speaker

Alan

Thanks Ian, but the credit for signing up Major Corrigan must go primarily to Peter Hart. The fifth speaker (who is just double checking his diary at the moment) isn't bad either!

At long last, I think we may have found a use for fig rolls!

We need to find Bruce a kinky woman who will put fig rolls where the sun don't shine and make him eat them. :devilgrin:

Bruce is quite happy to have no fig rolls inserted into any part of his anatomy.

Indeed, he would be quite content to never come within ten yards of the accursed things.

As for introducing him to kinky women, I fear Ayesha might have something to say on the matter...

(She certainly would!......Ayesha)

Bruce