Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Great War Forum Conference and Dinner - fifth speaker announced!

AlanCurragh

Sorry I won't be there, but could I observe that every time I see this topic header I become more irritated at the spelling of "Centre".

AAARRRRGGGHHH!!!!!

Sorry about that, it has been amended!

Too kind. Standards, and all that.

Bumping this up again...and thanks to those who have paid deposits this week

Another reminder - don't be shy if you are a new member, this is open to everyone. Let me know or post here if you have any questions

Thanks

Alan

Alan.

Hopefully my cheque arrived. I know it is early days but how many have you got so far?

Cheers.

Neil

Now that I'm about to be gainfully employed again I might have the money to fly over and attend. I might even ask for a 20-minute speaking slot so I could talk about the Great War from the American perspective. Also I'd get to see the lovely Ms. Pighills in the flesh. :wub:

Bumping this again - and the first two speakers will be announced this weekend...

Alan

and the first two speakers will be announced this weekend...

Alan

Oh Alan, you little teaser! :lol:

Roger

He's been watching that Strictly Come Dancing again...."and the first speaker to talk next year is......" Please say there won't be a dance-off?

He's been watching that Strictly Come Dancing again.... Please say there won't be a dance-off?

If there is, will it be the Military two-step? :P

Roy

If there is, will it be the Military two-step? :P

Roy

or the dashing white sergeant?

cheers Martin B

or the dashing white sergeant?

cheers Martin B

Perhaps 'The Gay Gordons'?

Roy

Deposit paid.

By the by, can I have a stall to flog the book to the rare GWF member who hadnt already used the forum facility to snap up a discounted pre-order from Amazon (Pen & Sword have a current publication date of 18/11 - although I'm not holding my breath)

John

Hold on to your hats, folks - but now three speakers to be announced tomorrow! And if anyone wants to volunteer, please feel free to get in touch

Alan

Ok - next April 2nd in Birmingham, we have the following to look forward to -

Peter Hart - "Helles - the real fight for Gallipoli"

Jack Sheldon - "Soden's Success: The 26th Reserve Division on the Somme"

Alan Wakefield - "Mountains, Mules & Malaria - Soldiering with the British Salonika Force 1915-1918"

--

There will be five speakers in all - much the same format as last year's event. Any questions, please let me know - and if you want to attend, the cost for the day (including lunch, tea, and coffee) is £25 and £20 for dinner in the evening. A £10 deposit secures your place...

Many thanks

Alan

As a relative new member I feel a little bit intimidated by the expertise of others but can I ask if the conference is appropriate for members who are more interested in the social aspects of the Great War rather than military

Joan