Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Militaria Displayed

Khaki

khaki,

Those are all great thoughts. What you say seems more likely than cement or thread as a solution. I particularly like the idea of a wire "arm" to suspend the sleeve. An unfurled wire coat hanger would likely do the job.

Thanks for your insights.

Mike

I have frequently used wire coat hangers for all manner of things, but be aware of dampness causing the hanger to rust away unseen staining the fabric.. If you use any wire it might be appropriate to wrap the wire in protective material to separate it from the uniform liner.

regards

khaki

I have frequently used wire coat hangers for all manner of things, but be aware of dampness causing the hanger to rust away unseen staining the fabric.. If you use any wire it might be appropriate to wrap the wire in protective material to separate it from the uniform liner.

regards

khaki

Good point. Thanks again.

• 1 month later...

Hi all,

2 photographs of my militaria room

will display more later - Mike.

post-45426-0-55609400-1446360862_thumb.j

post-45426-0-04005200-1446360935_thumb.j

Very impressive indeed

Well khaki describes it as outstanding , I don't think you can top that !

I love the horse.

Tim

Just how else do you describe a full size display of horse and mounted equipment?

My other half rolls her eyes at a couple of swaggers and one sword out on display.

?

Just how else do you describe a full size display of horse and mounted equipment?

My other half rolls her eyes at a couple of swaggers and one sword out on display.

I know that feeling very well , mind you I do keep pushing my luck by introducing small items strategically around the house and see how long it can stay there before it gets its marching orders , i also have a problem of getting the stuff in to the house in the first place for sure id never get a display horse past my Wife i would never get it under my jumper.

I know that feeling very well , mind you I do keep pushing my luck by introducing small items strategically around the house and see how long it can stay there before it gets its marching orders , i also have a problem of getting the stuff in to the house in the first place for sure id never get a display horse past my Wife i would never get it under my jumper.

A Trojan horse in which to hide a horse!

Hmmmm!!

Re smuggling in new items. I am an expert now. Recent addition of a No 2 Mk 2 Grenade. Her... Not seen that before. New humpff! Me... No had it ages but just got out from box. Her... Ohh that's ok then???

No pulling the proverbial wool with my better 3/4.

I am " An organised hoarder" so she can tell.

Hi , I built the room attached to my old lounge room 7 metres x 7 metres and just started to fill the cabinets then the walls.

I will post some detailed pics next. Thanks for your posts.Mike.

post-45426-0-81805000-1446447577_thumb.j

post-45426-0-84273300-1446447619_thumb.j

Hi all , I will try to get more detail but having trouble with the size of pics.

Any way these shots of some of my small items .The badges are mostly

patriotic with gold returned soldiers fobs presented by townships or

patriotic societies. Mike.

post-45426-0-15897200-1446618737_thumb.j

post-45426-0-53547100-1446618756_thumb.j

post-45426-0-11915500-1446618868_thumb.j

A fraking HORSE?? Are you kidding me??? Dang, I LOVE IT. Top notch for sure. I think that may be the only display my lovely wife would accept. She is afterall, a 'horse person'. She has proven that with 10 of the 4 legged hay burners in the field outside.

Your military room is spectacular.

A little of theme but some of my collection will be displayed on Sunday at local church remembrance service. A 1915 theme.

TT

What a great collection, and very well displayed.

A real credit to you Mike. Very much enjoying the images. Thanks.

Cheers .

I need another mannequin, this came today

post-7438-0-37771400-1446680050_thumb.jp

US Engineers Tunic

I need another mannequin, this came today

attachicon.gif12208109_10153797159259078_939150460_n.jpg

US Engineers Tunic

Is there a tag? batch number on it? Is it lined? Tags are often between lining and outer shell at the bottom (see this thread here)

Nice one Garron (in fact it looks very similar to MIKE'S here)

If you decide you need to dress up a mannequin let me know US kit is MUCH more affordable here.

Chris

Great collection Mike. Do you happen to have any details on the emu photograph? And the Princess Mary gift tin must be a rare version with those rounded corners?

Oz.

Is there a tag? batch number on it? Is it lined? Tags are often between lining and outer shell at the bottom (see this thread here)

Nice one Garron (in fact it looks very similar to MIKE'S here)

If you decide you need to dress up a mannequin let me know US kit is MUCH more affordable here.

Chris

It was Mikes, I bought it from him via Facebook didn't realise he was a pal on here, small world

There is a tag but its damaged/unreadable sadly, it is lined and the uniform is in great condition though, very happy with it.

I've got a Cartridge belt and an overseas cap on the way, its working out what I need at the moment, 10 years of collecting and this is the first time I've done anything with AEF so a bit of research is needed. Cheers for the offer I would PM you but I lost PM privileges after a disagreement with a dodgy reenactor, if you use facebook, just add Evans after my name and you will find me.

Garron

Gotta love the full size horse display, hard to top that one IMO and all the other items in the same room, amazing. Makes my collection pale by comparison.