Militaria Displayed

Khaki

Pte 7th Cheshires Winter 1918

post-11424-0-10843700-1360188138_thumb.j

post-11424-0-80918300-1360188154_thumb.j

post-11424-0-52376300-1360188168_thumb.j

I like it!

Dave

Lovely tunic to Cheshires, 34th Div. I believe they were part of that Div from spring / summer 1918. It is a small size as I recall? I was offered it a few years ago at a truely superb price but I let it go!!!!!!!!! Mistake. Saw it go through some dealer sites and nice to see it finally in a great collectors hands....well done.

Regards from a foolish TT who let it go!

TT

• 2 weeks later...

a few miscellaneous ones yet to decide how they will be displayed or weather put away in a lock box haha

best regards nathan

also some truely magnificent displays of uniforms and the like

post-61527-0-67283900-1361208411_thumb.j

Hello madman,

If badges are also of interest to you, you could include the relevant regimental or corps badge with each display in a shadow box.

nice medals

khaki

Pte 7th Cheshires Winter 1918

Hello Mark,

Very nice! I am envious, you must have a couple of sandbags on the footing base to stop it falling over?

khaki

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

here's how I display part of my collection. The casing are panels for shop-dressing, one can choose from a large variety of supports, interchangeable...PS: all weaponry is certified demil, i naccordance with french law.

virine11.jpg

Hi,

here's how I display part of my collection. The casing are panels for shop-dressing, one can choose from a large variety of supports, interchangeable...PS: all weaponry is certified demil, i naccordance with french law.

Excellent collection, and a great way of displaying them.

Regards,

LF

here's how I display part of my collection.

Thats only PART of it!! Very, very impressive.

Regards,

Sean.

Excellent display! The panelling is known as Slat wall or Slat board in the UK if anyone else wants to make use of it.

Dave

• 4 weeks later...

No a patch on many of the above -- but the P1903 set doesn't get as much attention. I gave up on ever finding a GS haversack so I had a repro made.

post-14525-0-90010600-1364593089_thumb.j

No a patch on many of the above -- but the P1903 set doesn't get as much attention. I gave up on ever finding a GS haversack so I had a repro made.

Chris,

An excellent set, I particularly like the belt and the attached ammo pouches, not to mention the nice Long Lee.

Regards,

LF

• 2 months later...

I thought I'de let folks know my ongoing build of a collection building.

Here is where I am and still lots to go.

p01q.jpg

klfw.jpg

This is small part and most of what I have is in acid free boxes and wrapped in acid free paper. As you can see I also have a curio cabinet that I haven't put any thing in yet. I also don't have any of my German stuff on display--that may be for the second floor. The other half of this floor is library.

Hope this is of interest.

Joe Sweeney

It's looking pretty amazing Joe and certainly is of interest - keep the pictures coming.

All the best, Roger

Joe.

What a great collection. Would love to see more. Keep us updated as you progress.

Thanks for taking the time to post.

Cheers.

G.K.

Joe. You've still not installed the all important turnstile to facilitate public entry! Superb job being done.

David

Everyone,

Thanks for the encouraging words.

If anyone gets to the Gettysburg PA (USA) area and want to stop by they are more than welcome.

Joe Sweeney

Everyone,

Thanks for the encouraging words.

If anyone gets to the Gettysburg PA (USA) area and want to stop by they are more than welcome.

Joe Sweeney

Thanks for the invite, but it may have to wait until the Gettysburg Battle anniversary is well over and the crowds have gone home.

khaki

Fantastic collection pics, keep it up fellas

• 2 weeks later...

This thread has really been successful, in my opinion, I wouldn't mind seeing field equipment and uniforms worn by reenactors or even just modeled by the owners with emphasis on the different ways of being worn and changes in style The owners can delete their face if they so desire. I think it might give an added dimension to what we are doing.

Any volunteers

khaki

I think the suggestion is a sound one, but the best I can offer is this, which remains the greatest 'display' I have still ever seen and I'm sure the faces will not mind the photo being re-posted on the site again. Unfortunately the entire crew are not in shot - there was even more on the day! If you wanted to be really pedantic, the only let-down revealed by a photo taken from a different angle which I could post are 2/3 pairs of DMS commando soled boots! I think the date shown on the photo is actually incorrect.

Dave Upton

post-23614-0-41499400-1372736067_thumb.j

Hello Dave,

I think that's a great photo, and it captures the mood of the time very well. Hopefully some more members will also have interesting images to share with the rest of us.

Thanks

khaki

• 2 weeks later...

There are some wonderful displays in these posts. I am redoing the displays for my 2 x GGF and my wife's GGF and GU medals

but just thought I would show my father-in-laws WW2 display that I made. The medal display cabinet is actually a bought one which

I thought would look quite nice. My skills are limited mind.

post-5914-0-46538000-1373570572_thumb.jp

post-5914-0-04205200-1373570595_thumb.jp

post-5914-0-00777000-1373570622_thumb.jp

post-5914-0-99102000-1373570638_thumb.jp

Hello simon2,

Nice 'eye catching' displays, something you and your family can be proud of, look forward to your future projects.

regards

khaki

Some very very nice displays of collections have been shown in this topic. Outstanding work everyone. I would love to take photos of my collection but the bulk of the uniforms are not with me. I have no WWI tunics, only WWII and post. I also collect medals and metal insignia to Canadian units.