Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Militaria Displayed

Khaki

URL=http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/59/gwf3.jpg/]gwf3.jpg[/url]

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Thanks for all nice items shown in this thread!

regards,

Cnock

URL=http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/148/ww30v.jpg/]ww30v.jpg[/url]

Prussia

Cnock

Cnock,

Fabulous pieces!

I do have a question, though. In the one pic tagged 'Prussia', the triangular fold of the ribbon on the EK I thought was a style only worn on Austrian EK's? I of course am likely mistaken, but I could swear I read that somewhere. I would be happy for a corrective experience, if one is in order.

Thanks, and keep sharing!

-Daniel

Hi,

Thanks,Daniel, Wainfleet

Daniel, EK II is indeed Austrian style, but where I acquired it, had no link with Austria

regards,

Cnock

Superb items, the Pickelhaulbes are wonderful.

Thanks for sharing.

TT

URL=http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/94/ww12.jpg/]ww12.jpg[/url]

Prussia

left: officer Pioniers

right: private Eisenbahntruppe

Cnock

Grumpy,

I have a Grenadier Guards bed duty plate like the ones in your superb collection but it is minus the badge. May I ask what type of badge would have been on the plate? Cap, collar, lapel or where they specially made.

All the best,

Paul.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I go over this post again and again, and every one a Gem!

Thanks to all for posting!

Cheers

Does anyone have a collection of commercial tobacco/cigarette tins that would have been familiar to the ww1 soldier?. I see a lot of old tins but don't know their vintage and whether the artwork is correct for 1914'18.

If anone could assist with photo's I would appreciate it.

Thanks in advance

khaki

I currently have some of the collection on display. Here are a couple of photos of the Great War items.

The rest of the photos can be found at www.vickersmachinegun.org.uk/displays-veterans2011.htm

If anybody would like to visit in the next few weeks (it's in Swindon, Wiltshire), feel free to get in touch.

Regards

Richard

P1060416.jpg

P1060417.jpg

Hi Richard, nice material, wish I could get to Swindon, is it a public display? maybe you could get some photos for those of us who cannot attend.

khaki

Hi Richard, nice material, wish I could get to Swindon, is it a public display? maybe you could get some photos for those of us who cannot attend.

khaki

Not public but by appointment only. I'll be putting some more photos on the Vickers website after these weekend.

Regards

Richard

Guest roger0803

Not sure whether this is the right place to post this or if anyone will be interested, but I collect, amongst other things, Ypres sweetheart badges. I have attached a photo. I have about 20 more to add when my sore fingers have recovered from fixing some yesterday.

post-53417-0-59237000-1320050491.jpg

Wow, what a neat display, a subject I know nothing about, but wish I did. My eye was attracted to a badge that looks like a kiwi silver fern? or is that a coincidence. Love to see some or batches of your display closer up if possible. What can you tell us about manufacture dates etc.

regards

khaki