Remembered Today:

2 German Officers Photo Albums

StAubyns

And so to the lat page and the last three photos

Page 32 Photo 1

post-4232-0-94025800-1328532307.jpg

Theres a good photo of the rabbits, egbert :rolleyes:

Geoff

Theres a good photo of the rabbits, egbert :) and I think the first steel helmet

Geoff

Scherenfernrohr Geoff, Scherenfernrohr it is :P

I like 31/2;

probably the landlord and her daughter in whose chateau the officers lived. I read a lot of stories that the officers who confiscated the chateau asked the landlords to participate in the off duty time to include dinner etc. This picture shows the polite "integrated separation" of occupants and landlords

Whats the name translate as? I cant find a NARBURG but HARBURG is south of Hamburg. Or cant I read one word of German?

Could be Marburg. but this is in the heart of Germany; i'd rather want to believe this photo was from the etappe next to the front in

France or Belgium

I agree with Marina - it's Marburg. The format of this photograph and the composition are different to everything else in the album suggesting this was sent to the owner of the album. There is the possibility that this may have been taken on leave (by someone else) and the owner of the album may be one of the subjects.

Graham

Marina, Graham - I think that you are probably correct saying Marburg.

You are right Graham, in that the composition is different to anything else in the album except A1 P10 P3 which is the same type of layout ie the picture is offset to the left of the photopaper. It is also the only picture that I can see that has been folded.

Geoff

Page 31 Photo 1

101199.jpg

The place of the photo is in Belgium or France. "Hôtel de Ville", "SECRETARIAT" and "ESTAMINET CREPIN" are to read.

Firstly I am looking for churches in PAS DE CALAIS now. I hope that this site would lead to the place:

http://images.google.de/imgres?imgurl=http...6lr%3D%26sa%3DG

Who likes to help by doing the search ?

Best

Malte

Phantastic, Geoff !

I was just starting search on section "H" when your reply came.

So we have found the place. For comparison:

101199.jpg

henin2074842720avant1dh.jpg

heninlitard0018tw.jpg

... no doubt !

Malte

Sorry Malte, misunderstood what you meant. I should not have been surprised that you had the information and photos already posted. Is there anywhere that you dont have photos of? :)

Geoff

Malte

How could you post that photo in October last year?

What should we think?

Mystified

Geoff

The search helped me to new aspects to my topic. After having finished task at your's I re-arranged my topic and actualized it. My "mistake" was not to have deleted all the posts before starting it new. So your photo went to a space which another pic had occupied before. It is possible and very easy to change that.

Malte

PS: I am very happy now because I had that Hénin-Beaumont-, Hénin-Liétard-Problem too. Now I am much wiser