Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

wanted - photos nationwide

Jim Strawbridge

Toffo, Safely received, thanks.

Kevin, I agree. It is a shame as she is out there somewhere and it would have been nice to recognise her last resting place. But sometimes it is not to be.

• 1 month later...

Hi Jim have "searched " Hastings in your thread -No response

Would be happy to cover it and surrounding area also Bognor where I visit my parents regularly

Hi Jim have "searched " Hastings in your thread -No response

Would be happy to cover it and surrounding area also Bognor where I visit my parents regularly

Thank you for the offer but I am well blessed with my requirements for Hastings and Bognor. But the offer is very much appreciated.

Guest tafski

JIM

send me yer gwent, monmouthshire wants again as i lost the list and now mayhave some time to do a bit

cheers

bruce

JIM

send me yer gwent, monmouthshire wants again as i lost the list and now mayhave some time to do a bit

cheers

bruce

Bruce, I need the following :-

Madge DAVIES, QMAAC, Monmouthshire, Risca Old Cemetery, plot C 326

Gertrude Winifred Allam DYER, QMAAC, Monmouthshire, Newport (Christchurch) Cemetery, plot B3, border 6

Mary Ann EVANS, QMAAC, Monmouthshire, Ebbw Vale Cemetery, plot B, North Border, 16.3

Minnie JOHNSON, QMAAC, Monmouthshire, Fleur-de-Lis Cemetery, plot II,1.11

Lilian Kate JONES, Newport (St. Woollos) Cemetery, plot 78, 2A/28/29

Frances Mary Dulcie LLEWELYN-JONES, Monmouthshire, Newport (Christchurch) Cemetery, plot 158

Violet PHILLIPS, QMAAC, Newport (St. Woolos) Cemetery, plot 10.C.8

Lucy Jane SAINT, QMAAC, Monmouthshire; Llanfihangel Pontymoel (St. Michael) Churchyard; North West of Church - also commemorated on Cardiff Western Cemetery wall.

Mary WOODRUFF, WRNS, Monmouthshire; Machen (St. John) Churchyard Extension; plot 1. 10

I have four in Glamorgan should you stray down that way. But of the above, any that you can get I will be very grateful. Send them as attachments (large as you like) to

jimstrawbridge@coinsale.fsnet.co.uk

• 2 weeks later...

In my quest for photographs of headstones of WW1 female casualties I still have a big void re American Cemeteries in France. As these are concentrated in only four cemeteries I should be grateful if anyone going to Meuse-Argonne, Oise-Aisne, Suresnes or St. Mihiel would get in touch. Thank you.

Guest tafski
Bruce, I need the following :-

Madge DAVIES, QMAAC, Monmouthshire, Risca Old Cemetery, plot C 326

Gertrude Winifred Allam DYER, QMAAC, Monmouthshire, Newport (Christchurch) Cemetery, plot B3, border 6

Mary Ann EVANS, QMAAC, Monmouthshire, Ebbw Vale Cemetery, plot B, North Border, 16.3

Minnie JOHNSON, QMAAC, Monmouthshire, Fleur-de-Lis Cemetery, plot II,1.11

Lilian Kate JONES, Newport (St. Woollos) Cemetery, plot 78, 2A/28/29

Frances Mary Dulcie LLEWELYN-JONES, Monmouthshire, Newport (Christchurch) Cemetery, plot 158

Violet PHILLIPS, QMAAC, Newport (St. Woolos) Cemetery, plot 10.C.8

Lucy Jane SAINT, QMAAC, Monmouthshire; Llanfihangel Pontymoel (St. Michael) Churchyard; North West of Church - also commemorated on Cardiff Western Cemetery wall.

Mary WOODRUFF, WRNS, Monmouthshire; Machen (St. John) Churchyard Extension; plot 1. 10

I have four in Glamorgan should you stray down that way. But of the above, any that you can get I will be very grateful. Send them as attachments (large as you like) to

jimstrawbridge@coinsale.fsnet.co.uk

will try me best jim

Can do Hampshire from Southampton to New Forest to Winchester, Wiltshire up to Salisbury (stick the compass in Romsey and do a 20 mile ring)....this is as far as the dog will let us drive in comfort.

Jacksmum

Can do Hampshire from Southampton to New Forest to Winchester, Wiltshire up to Salisbury (stick the compass in Romsey and do a 20 mile ring)....this is as far as the dog will let us drive in comfort.

Jacksmum

All of the graves in your area have already been visited and photographed. I do have two memorials that need photographing. One is at Gosport and the other is at Andover - both, I fear, are a tad too far from Romsey. Your offer is very much appreciated though.

• 2 months later...

Jim,

I am more than happy to check anyone with a West Lothian Connection, whether it be Newspaper Archive check or grave stone.

Just let me know

Tom

Jim

I still am planning to do St Pancras. What do you need from Paddington and from Chiswick? I am in Chiswick tomorrow.

Myrtle

ww1_dale_boys

Tom,

Thank you for the offer. Newspaperwise there is Mary Aitken, WRAF, died 7/11/18 from Newlandrig, Gorebridge, M.E.J. Constable, QMAAC, died 17/12/18, buried Inveresk. Sarah O'Keefe, WRNS, died 18/2/19 and from 18 Livingstone Street, Addiewell, Elizabeth Simpson, TFNS, died 10/5/17 and from Uphall. Mary Williamson, VAD, date of death unknown but from Loanhead.

Photographwise I need a photograph of M.E.J. Constable's grave in Inveresk Parish Churchyard, plot C.12. north.

Myrtle,

I need a photograph of the headstone of Florence Townsend, WRAF, who died 8/11/18 and is buried in Paddington Cemetery, plot 3.T.G.11617. Chiswick was a mistake - I have all that I need from there

Hi Jim

I thought I had taken all you needed from the Wandsworth area but I need to go back so can get if I missed one. I thought my Dad had taken all the RAMC from that area but he hadn't :rolleyes:

Will probably be going to Denmark Hill and Camberwell too in the not too distant future.

I'm in the process of sorting through my Dad's photos as I have finally found a professional to help me with my database so if I come across any other nurses etc, I'll let you know.

Is your project stretching to WW2 as I have a couple of photos from Kohima?

Barbara

Jim

I was at Cliveden today and have just realised that you have listed some wants from there. I have photographs of Miriam Eastman Baker's and Ainslie St. Clair Dagg's graves. I also have a phtograph of Frances W. Spafford's from WW2. If these are the ones that you need I will email them to you.

I will do the St Pancras and Paddington ones in time.

Myrtle

Barbara and Myrtle

I have written to you both giving you details of my needs. Thank for the offers. Much appreciated.

Myrtle

I was after a photograph of a memorial panel set into the wall at the entrance to the boardroom of the Elizabeth Garrett Anderson Hospital for Women and Children in Euston Road, London. It reads “This hall and the land on which it stands were given to the hospital to be a memorial in honour of those overseas nurses who died while serving with the allied armies 1914-18”. There followed a listing of nurses. I have since found that the site is being developed and I am trying to find out where the plaque is at present. I am awaiting a reply from Camden Council.

India 58817

Bob, Thanks for the offer. I need the headstone of Jane Knox, QMAAC, died 11/11/18 and is buried in South Shields (Harton) Cemetery, plot M. 10302. Please also let me know if Blaydon, Lumley, Dalton-le-Dale, Hetton, Hartlepool, Auckland, Heworth or Jarrow are in striking distance.

Jim

Let me know if you find out where the panel has gone and if it is still in the same area I will take the photograph.

Have you received the Cliveden photos ok ?

Myrtle

Jim

Let me know if you find out where the panel has gone and if it is still in the same area I will take the photograph.

Have you received the Cliveden photos ok ?

Myrtle

Cliveden photographs received. Many thanks. Jim