Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Birth Location please lads and lassies

museumtom

I think these may be two seperate men, in Harry s records his mother is Catherine, Kate in the 1901 Census. This disagrees with CWGC. Should we reconsider that these are the same man?

Henry was born in Dublin, Hubert was born in Lancs.

Sorry Dai, I could not see the MIC. Does it give different regiments?

Kind regards.

Tom.

Edited by museumtom

One other mystery is a snippet in the newspaper that says 'Private H Killalea, Leinster Regiment, killed June 20, 1916. Relatives reside at 234 Phibsborough Road, Dublin.'

44 minutes ago, museumtom said:

I think these may be two seperate men, in Harry s records his mother is Catherine, Kate in the 1901 Census. This disagrees with CWGC. Should we reconsider that these are the same man?

Henry was born in Dublin, Hubert was born in Lancs.

Sorry Dai, I could not see the MIC. Does it give different regiments?

Kind regards.

Tom.

The MIC reads:

Killalee

H  ubert    (The card is mostly in red ink, H.Killalee is in red, but 'ubert' is filled in later in blue)

R. Innis Fus

Pte 21352

KIA 20.6.16

First entered Balkan theatre (2b) 24.8.15

No other regiments.

1901 Census gives Hubert aged 6 living in Great Harwood with Father, Thomas W. (35) ,General Labourer, and mother, Mary , 29.

Which does agree with CWGC.

So Hubert and Henry are two different men.

Brilliant, and thank you for the PM. I was hoping you would agree that these are two different men, but there sure are some similarities, I wonder who the other H Kallalea was and did he die? We may never know,

For your help and patience I thank you very much indeedDai.

Kind regards.

Tom.

One other mystery is a snippet in the newspaper that says 'Private H Killalea, Leinster Regiment, killed June 20, 1916. Relatives reside at 234 Phibsborough Road, Dublin.'

The only H Killalee in the effects records on 20 June 16 is Hubert - effects paid to his mother Mary. He was #21352, 8th Bn Royal Inniskilling.

Born and enlisted in Blackburn according to SDGW - formerly served with the Hussars.

Craig

Edited by ss002d6252

4 hours ago, museumtom said:

Thanks Dai, very interesting indeed. I did find his marriage in Dublin in 1915, but in the box where his fathers name is Frederick Killalee. Jow maybe his father was dead at that time and someone replaced him, who knows?

I appreciate you input very much indeed.

Kind regards.

Tom.

Killalea.PNG

This is could be Henry in 1901 - http://www.census.nationalarchives.ie/pages/1901/Dublin/Inns_Quay/Wellington_Place/1281205/

Address is 9.2 Wellington Place,Inns Quay.

And is future wife by the looks of it - http://www.census.nationalarchives.ie/pages/1901/Dublin/Inns_Quay/Yarnhall_Street/1281450/

Craig

Edited by ss002d6252

Thank you very much Craig, I agree with you entirely. 

Kind regards.

Tom.

1 minute ago, museumtom said:

Thank you very much Craig, I agree with you entirely. 

Kind regards.

Tom.

Can't so far see any sign of Henry being killed - unless he used an alias as there's no obvious sign of a medal index card either .

Craig

Yes indeed, he looks to have been a possible but when you add it all up they are two different people.

Thank you kindly Craig, you are a gentleman!

Kind rerards.

Tom.

'Morning all!. Today I want to post some images. This man was put forward to IFCP but was refused. View the images and see if you can see why?

First one.

Wordsworth.jpg

Robinson.PNG

TNA-MSEA-BT350-22-08-220893.jpg

TNA-MSEA-BT349-23-72-237234.jpg

14 minutes ago, museumtom said:

'Morning all!. Today I want to post some images. This man was put forward to IFCP but was refused. View the images and see if you can see why?

First one.

Wordsworth.jpg

Robinson.PNG

TNA-MSEA-BT350-22-08-220893.jpg

TNA-MSEA-BT349-23-72-237234.jpg

Signature dated after he was supposed to be dead ?

Craig

Craig

That was too easy for ye. Well done Craig! From the start he looked like a contender. Craig Sherlock, has a kinda ring to it!

Kind regards.

Tom.

5 minutes ago, museumtom said:

That was too easy for ye. Well done Craig! From the start he looked like a contender. Craig Sherlock, has a kinda ring to it!

Kind regards.

Tom.

Odd that it went all the way to probate yet he later continued using his own details.POW captured by the Wolf ?

Craig

Edited by ss002d6252

Yes, its a strange one. It had me I'll tell ya.

Kind regards.

Tom.

3 minutes ago, museumtom said:

Yes, its a strange one. It had me I'll tell ya.

Kind regards.

Tom.

First time I've seen a one where someone was captured by one of the German raiders - She took about a dozen ships worth based on this - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SMS_Wolf_(1913)

Craig

Edited by ss002d6252

Sorry Craig, I dont have an answer for you.

Kind regards. 

Tom.

http://www.wrecksite.eu/wreck.aspx?172406

" Wolf, on the evening of the 11th of March, whilst well east of the Seychelles Islands, SMS WOLF sighted smoke on the horizon. Up went her biplane Wolfchen to investigate and she returned with the news that she had sighted a merchant ship. 

The seaplane was hoisted inboard, and Wolf set off in pursuit, eventually Wordsworth of 3,509 tons with a full cargo of rice was overtaken and stopped, some of her cargo was retrieved and then, a combination of well laid explosive charges and opening up her sea cocks sent this ship to the floor of the Indian Ocean. "

Very interesting indeed Simon, that might be the reason he survived.

Thanks Simon.

Kind regards.

Tom.

Sorry lads and lassies, may I please have some more help, if I may.

This lad.

http://www.cwgc.org/find-war-dead/casualty/1745923/LAWTON, HARRY

If my theory is correct his wife's name is May Lawton, can you help me please? There is nothing on him in FMP, but perhaps the effects reg might help?

Thanking you again, very much indeed, in advance.

Kind regards.

Tom.

Good man Mike, thank you kindly. I am really after NOK details if I could.

Kind regards.

Tom