Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Great War Kindle deals

CarylW

Hi Caryl,

I will check that out. In fact I do have an account with .com but for some reason they say my Kindle is registered with .ca. I am going to phone them! Thanks for the suggestion.

H

• 4 weeks later...

Hi All,

If you fancy spending a pound and starting off the new year with an addition to your kindle collection the kindle version of 'A Sunny August Bank Holiday To A Wet Easter' RMLI 1914-1916 will be on offer from 0800 1st Jan for a week at just 99p on Amazon. David Filsell kindly reviewed the book for the forum in book reviews - Novel Diary if you have not come across it before and need some background detail.

Best regards

Pompey

• 3 weeks later...

I wish that Amazon would get their act together and have everything available on Kindle at the same price on all their sites. Having said that, "Forgotten Victory" is only about $4.00 anyway.

Hazel C

• 2 weeks later...

Gordon Corrigan's 'Loos 1915- The Unwanted Battle' is £2.99 today. He's not to everyone's taste, who is, but worth a punt.

Nice little book just appeared on Gutenberg. 'In The Line Of Fire'. Soldiers Stories Of The War. Published 1916.

Edited by Walter Wood, illustrated etc. Not bad for free.

John

Gordon Corrigan's 'Loos 1915- The Unwanted Battle' is £2.99 today. He's not to everyone's taste, who is, but worth a punt.

Excellent, thanks Paul

Thank you Paul. Another added to the virtual pile!

David

Got that also. Thanks Paul. Problem now is to have time to read everything.

Hazel

Nice little book just appeared on Gutenberg. 'In The Line Of Fire'. Soldiers Stories Of The War. Published 1916.

Edited by Walter Wood, illustrated etc. Not bad for free.

John

Hi John,

For some reason I can't find this one. However, I did find one called "In The Line of Battle". Maybe this is the one you meant?

Hazel

Thanks guys. I have the Macmillan in hard copy, but Amazon.ca have not changed the cost of the kindle copy of "The Chief" of which I do have a paperback copy. Would like the kindle version.

Hazel

Thank you for that one Alan, a very nice spot and duly added to the virtual pile

David

Great bargain for those of us interested in the naval/maritime aspects of WW1

Into the Danger Zone: Sea Crossings of the First World War, reduced to £1

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Into-Danger-Zone-Crossings-First-ebook/dp/B00MLDU9YG/ref=sr_1_1?s=digital-text&ie=UTF8&qid=1423766592&sr=1-1&keywords=into+the+danger+zone

Dave

• 2 weeks later...

'The Doughboys - America and the First World War' by Gary Mead,(author of 'The Good Soldier' a sympathetic Haig biography) is free as a Kindle download. That's nought pounds and noughtpence.

• 4 weeks later...

Dave

Well spotted. I've got the hardback already, but at £2.49, it's worth getting the Kindle version as well.

Unfortunately. Amazon.ca seems to have stopped the matching UK prices so the books never seem to be reduced here any more.

Hazel

Great bargain for those of us interested in the naval/maritime aspects of WW1

Into the Danger Zone: Sea Crossings of the First World War, reduced to £1

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Into-Danger-Zone-Crossings-First-ebook/dp/B00MLDU9YG/ref=sr_1_1?s=digital-text&ie=UTF8&qid=1423766592&sr=1-1&keywords=into+the+danger+zone

Dave

Now down to 59p - amazing!!