Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

I need your help again lads and lassies.

museumtom

There was something about the service number. I couldn't read it then and I couldn't read it now. His brother being Michael.

Bob

Edited by little bob

That's some memory, I'd hate to do something against yeh...

Good man Paul, that's great. Thank you very much indeed, now if we can find his records we would be laughing.

Kind regards.

Tom.

14 of our lads have been added to the CWGC this morning. Congrats to all the pals who helped to make this possible.

It has been made so thanks to the help of everyone here lads and lassies. I always said it, and am privileged to work with ye. It was never ever possible without you all. Foley is a strange one, but I will remember him with the Irish lads one way or the other.

Think I have had enough. Tried tracing his wife who died between 1901 and 1911, Possibly died 1906 but could be another Julia altogether. Daughter, also Julia, born c1889 leads nowhere

I can feel your frustration Mark, sometimes it is best to let the hair settle.

Thanks again for all your help.

Kind regards.

Tom.

Brilliant Bob, and thank you very much indeed for the PM with more details. I have sent him off to Terry. Fingers crossed!

Kind regards.

Tom.

Thank you Mark, I did not have that. It all helps. It has now been passed on to Terry.

Kind regards.

Tom.

Mark, this sounds mad, but when I posted your link in the email I could see the image. If I post the link in the address bar it asks me to join ancestry. Mad as a brush eh?

Another if I may please lads and lassies. I cannot find him. Can you help please?

image.png.4f01b621c7d93d2f7d09f9fd46735bf2.png

This chap may be a possible. Trying to confirm

https://search.findmypast.co.uk/record?id=GBM%2FADM29%2F11562%2F00263&parentid=GBM%2FGREP%2FADM29%2F00132191

edit

There is a family tree on ancestry. Indicates he was born 26/4/1868 in Aghada.This does not match the dob on the record of 15/6/1867

A Charles Walsh of Aghada was on HMS Duke of Wellington on the 1901 census (Portsmouth?) and on HMS Swiftsure (in the Med) in 1911, 

472 above link was on these ship at the correct time as can be seen on the record

So looks likely he is the man and was pensioned off as insane in 1912. 

This appears to be a memorial to him in Aghada - towards the bottom died 3.16 aged 48walsh.jpg.cdb329aaa2796843ea327673a3419004.jpg

Courtesy Public Family Tree, Ancestry

Edited by Mark1959

Great stuff Mark, that is brilliant, 1868 sounds just perfect. Thank you very much indeed.

Sadly, he was discharged before the war, dang it anyway.

Thanks again for the help Mark.

Edited by museumtom

Sorry lads and lassies, I posted one lad Trimby but found him straight away listed under T instead of H T Trimby, so I deleted it. In case you are wondering.

This lad could be in the Merchant navy, can you help please?

image.png.464e476085e35d0c78d054f06eace5bb.png

image.png.a3e1af7342894a888c5863c8e2d12b3c.png

Morning Tom

Nothing turning up I'm afraid. Checked google for 'donkey man' and it says responsibilities in the engine room so possibly stoker?

That turns up two...who were still alive in 1916.

Still ferreting

George

And a very good morning to you too George, Thanks for all your help.

Kind regards.

Tom.