Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Maldon (Essex) casualties

stephen p nunn

yes I enjoyed the book,thats the info I have on him,just wondered if you had more

Garry - you don't know if he was friendly or connected in any way with the Kevill-Davies family do you? Just looking at one possible link.

Regards.

SPN

Maldon

Garry - you don't know if he was friendly or connected in any way with the Kevill-Davies family do you? Just looking at one possible link.

Regards.

SPN

Maldon

No idea,we have no family info on him at all,we believe him to be a cousin to my step fathers family

No idea,we have no family info on him at all,we believe him to be a cousin to my step fathers family

OK - I'll let you know if I find anyhting else. I suspect it is a Kevill Davies link or the Warwicks being stationed in Maldon?

Regards.

SPN

Maldon

OK - I'll let you know if I find anyhting else. I suspect it is a Kevill Davies link or the Warwicks being stationed in Maldon?

Regards.

SPN

Maldon

They were stationed there for a while,but its odd hes on the church rememberance plaque when he wasnt from or conected to Maldon,maybe he had a sweat heart there...

• 3 months later...

Dear all,

Some fantastic news to pass on to you. The plaques listing the "missing names" have been cast and have arrived in Maldon. The appeal now stands at £5,600.83. The next step is for a supporting framework to be made and to raise the balance to pay for everything (total needed is £6,034.32 so only justy over £400 to go). There will then be a dedication and civic unveiling ceremony with all the important guests. At that point I will doubtless slip into the shadows but I am so pleased this has been achieved on the back of the research, book and, in no small part, due to this forum and you. All those brave Maldon lads are truly not forgotten now.

Sincere thanks.

SPN

Maldon

Dear all,

Some fantastic news to pass on to you. The plaques listing the "missing names" have been cast and have arrived in Maldon. The appeal now stands at £5,600.83. The next step is for a supporting framework to be made and to raise the balance to pay for everything (total needed is £6,034.32 so only justy over £400 to go). There will then be a dedication and civic unveiling ceremony with all the important guests. At that point I will doubtless slip into the shadows but I am so pleased this has been achieved on the back of the research, book and, in no small part, due to this forum and you. All those brave Maldon lads are truly not forgotten now.

Sincere thanks.

SPN

Maldon

Top news well done

Well done indeed.

You have done those boys proud.

Susan

Top news well done

Thanks mate.

Regards.

SPN

Maldon

Well done indeed.

You have done those boys proud.

Susan

Thanks Sue - kind of you. When I know the date of the ceremony I will post it on the GWF and hopefully some of you will come?

Regards.

SPN

Maldon

That would be great.

I only live a few miles down the road.

Susan

That would be great.

I only live a few miles down the road.

Susan

Thanks Susan - I'll keep you posted. That will be a great day and we will all need to retreat to the nearest pub afterwards to celebrate!

SPN

Maldon

That's superb news Maldon!

Thanks for keeping us posted; and as Mike says, it will be great to see some photos of the event!

Kind regards

Steve

Thanks Mike and Steve. I'll do my best although even after all my posts I still haven't cracked the attaching pictures bit!

Best regards.

SPN

Maldon

Dear all,

Lots of media interest today in the arrival of the new plaques. Plans progressing re. the unveilling ceremony. Not sure if this is the right place to post this but, having spoken to the Essex Branch of the WFA in Hatfield Peverel last year, I am doing a repeat session for them on Wednesday, 12th October 2011 (7.45PM-10.00PM) in Hornchurch at the Poppy Lounge, 1st Floor RBL, Legion House. The WFA have advertised it as:

'Maldon inTwo World Wars' - Stephen Nunn

A £3 donation would be appreciated plus an optional £1.50 for the excellent cold buffet.

Non members are especially welcome. Best regards.

SPN

Maldon

That's great news.

I will note this down Steve.

It's well worth a fiver of anyone's money.

How do we pay?

Susan

That's great news.

I will note this down Steve.

It's well worth a fiver of anyone's money.

How do we pay?

Susan

Thanks Susan - that's kind. I guess on the door but worth contacting the WFA via their website?

Be great to see some GWF pals there.

Best wishes.

SPN

Maldon

Can do.

Thanks Steve.

Look forward to it.

Loads of media interest today - particularly about the inclusion of Ben Cobey's name (of Le Cateau fame). Also had a production company in touch about possibly featuring the story in a future series about the history of England.

Watch this space.

SPN

Maldon.

It gets better and better. Well done Steve.

I am told the Daily Telegraph have got the story and printed something today. Although I am apparently quoted (and the book is mentioned) I haven't spoken to them!

Funny old world but good if it promotes the memory of the Maldon Lads.

SPN

Maldon

Will ask my friend who takes the Telegraph to keep it for me.

Yes, a good article in the Telegraph. Well done.

Roger