GWF Badge

Guest KevinEndon

Hi Chris,

Count me in for 1 as well please mate,

Ian. :D

Put me down for 1 please. :D

Eric.

Sorry for coming to this party late...

Tim, could you replace the searchlights and orbs with two trailing flares, in sort of upside down J shapes, you know what I mean. That would fill the sky area nicely but is perhaps more reminiscent of WW1 than searchlights (which obviously are MORE associated with WW2, while flares are MORE associated with WW1).

On quantities, do we know how many of those De Diggers badges were sold to Forum members, as GWF badges would sell at least as well...

Anyway, put me down for 2...

Thanks

Jim

Zwei bitte

Sorry Jim, but I'm not going to play with the design any more especially now that there seems to be somewhat of a consensus.

Actually, in a very early design (long long time ago) I included the upside down 'J' for a flare but then I realised that is not how they appeared in real-life but was simply a product of slow shutter speeds on camera's at the time.

Tim L.

Promises, promises! At some point in the next few days I shall launch a web page at which you can place an order (and of course pay) for a badge. I am just in the process of working out pricing based on badge quotes, postage rates etc. I shall be delighted if we beat 100 but let's see what happens when the rubber hits the road!

Guest KevinEndon

the only person who has not said they want a badge is the geezer above lol.Can I just say that whoever does the badge posting they use jiffy bags and a little bubble wrap. If a normal envelope is used the scanning machine rips open the envelope and the badge falls out. If it doesnt do that then the other thing is crushing of the badge. The jiffy bag price needs to be taken into consideration.

Could I suggest that when the prices are decided the purchaser sends a stamped self addressed jiffy bag to whoever is nominated to be the post master this will save them a hell of a lot of work as a lot of people forget to add their address,

Kevin.

I would like a badge and again forward my offer to be the packer/mailer.

Regards Doug.

well the de diggers badge went well past 100 so this badge should do well ;)

tafski :)

almost fogot so did the somme 90th badge

ah you will not be requiring the sheepwool version then

Tafski, sorry , it was the 90th Somme one I meant, as that was recent and a nicely self-contained sales period, thus a good comparison as a minimum (the GWF badge will have a much longer shelf life!!).

Tim,

Fair enough, although reality is less important than imagery. Given everyones visual experience of WW1 is from contemporary photos, flares from WW1 are assumed to be j shaped! I also have an original 1918 night time painting by Geoffrey Watson on my lounge wall that has j shaped flares in the background...

Needless to say, the design remains very effective, and I will be proud to wear it, thanks again.

Jim

Having avoided posting till now - I'm still a little wary - I'm sure we got close to this stage the last time - 'cos I remember requesting 3. :blink:

Anyway - don't want to miss out - so I'd like to confirm that I'd still like 3 (Badges that is).

If this does come off Tim - remind me to buy you a beer - a Belgian one perhaps!

And a big thank you in advance Chris.

Cheers, Frev :)

Yes Frev, I agree.

I am hardly daring to breathe in case joining in the thread causes it to crash or becomes a 'dead thread end!!'

I would like to order 3.

Kate