Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

GWF Badge

Guest KevinEndon

I have some experience with badgers. Never mind the TB, they are all hotching with fleas.

what kind of experiences with Badgers Ian?

pray tell!

lol

Ivan

But on a serious note, I think the design of badge from BIFFO is ideal for our needs, instantly recognizable to other members and an eye catching design, to interest other

'civvies'

Ivan

O.K. I'll come clean!

I have stood for hours waiting for badgers to emerge from their sett in order to photograph them. I have stalked a sow badger and her young who were playing in broad daylight. Approaching in a straight line was easy but, unfortunately, the air was almost still and she caught my scent eventually and the whole lot disappeared. I have picked up road kill badgers to have them examined by a concerned vet who was speculating that some were killed by gamekeepers and then flung onto the road in order to disguise their illegal activities.

Believe me, they have fleas!

Ian

O.K. I'll come clean!

I have stalked a sow badger Ian

Get help, quickly!

Mick

Actually it's Tim's (Auimfo) design, see page 1.

And I agree - it's excellent: bold and distinctive, unfussy, makes you think "Great War" without any cliches. Can't see the need to look any further.

Actually it's Tim's (Auimfo) design, see page 1.

And I agree - it's excellent: bold and distinctive, unfussy, makes you think "Great War" without any cliches. Can't see the need to look any further.

I apologize to Auimfo!

I am getting lost in the maze of threads about this subject..DOH.

Ivan.

I think velcro would be best with badgers. Not sure about seals

They're no good - the wax gets stuck in their fur.

Forum badge would be good. I'd buy one or two and be happy if the price included a donation to forum funds.

Ok, for what it's worth, here was my design from a while ago.

Tim L.

Tim, I unreservedly apologize, I attributed this design to fellow member Biffo, who i assume was only pointing out how good this design was..the more I see it the more it grows on me.

Bold, eye catching and not garish.

Brilliant. In a good quality enamelled finish...perfect.

I just hope Chris takes another look at it!

Cheers mate.

Ivan

I would be very happy with this badge and would certainly buy one. I would prefer a smallish size (say 10mm).

Ian

(May we expect a free badger with every purchase?)

http://www.badges.org.uk/pricequotecalc.htm

I have smiled to myself about the badger theme.

I give up on the joke - I see no badgers :-)

Anyway a 25mm in hard enamel (silver plated metal (to match the design) will cost 226.78 per 100. So you can sell them at 3.50 plus postage. Question is who will fund initially and who will be postman/woman?

I too like Biffo's design.

Keith

PS This thread seems to be hotching in badger posts.

people can I say it aint biffos design,I looked in the past posts saw the design thought how "eye catching "it was,now will the real artist stand up and take a bow please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

,I do not know what is supposed to be but to me its the view over nomans land that any soldier on any side would have seen if he looked through a trench periscope or if stupid or brave enough to have stuck their head up for a look see.lets move on with this and badgers enough already

Ok,

Yes, it's my design but that's not really important. What is the point is that hopefully it appeals to everyone and conjours up the image that we think best represents the forum.

To explain how it came about....

Initially I designed a badge which included the silhouete of a British soldier on a poppy however it was rightfully pointed out that this did not encompass the wide range of nationalities represented on this forum. Therefore I set about to design something that evoked an international representation of how the Great War is remembered and as you can see there is no specific country defined by this badge.

The brown area represents the mud of the Western Front, the white dividing line from one side of the badge to the other represents the unending trench system, the wire of course stands in front of the trench and in the background is the night sky with flares. Although it has been suggested that the searchlights evoke a feeling of WW2, they did exist in WW1 as well and I used them to represent the growth of air warfare. I didn't use the outline of a plane as it makes the whole thing a bit too detailed and I wanted it to remain somewhat abstract.

Please feel free to criticise or offer suggestions for improvement.

Cheers,

Tim L.

And personally, I think it would be good as an emblem on a polo shirt but can see the sense in making a badge out of it instead.

Tim L.

I offered to hold the stocks and do the logistics for these.

Hi John, it seems the thread suddenly went silent last night. :huh: We (most of us) like the design by auimfo, if you're happy to do the logistics - why can't we just go ahead? (okay I have a motive here, I want to wear one at Vimy this April). Then if the badge is successful then someone can do the same for the T-shirt, postcard........

if you're happy to do the logistics - why can't we just go ahead? (

Two reasons.

First, the site owner needs to approve a design , etc. It is , after all, his product we would be advertising.

And, second, please re-read the sentence I wrote after the one you quote.

John

(PS: you also raise a good third reason in your earlier post - who would fund initially - you got a spare couple of hundred quid?)

Ok, for what it's worth, here was my design from a while ago.

Tim L.

Yeah I like your badge too mate.

Ok Guys,

I've been requested via PM to show all the sizes of the design that I thought of - there are three.

The biggest was designed as an embroidered logo on a polo shirt and the smaller two were specifically for badges - depending on the size everyone wanted.

I'll leave it up to everyone else and Chris to decide

1. If this design is acceptable.

2. Which one of the three would be best as a badge.

Cheers,

Tim L.

post-2918-1171500499.jpg

The middle one in 25mm for a lapel badge looks fine to me.

Well done on the the design and the additional info.

Hopefully, I will be able to get one for when I go to Flanders in June.

No new designs then!

The middle one in 25mm for a lapel badge looks fine to me.

I agree with this choice! And for the funding - do we have enough cash flow in the general kitty Chris B.? and do you approve our choice. If you need more funds in the short term let us know. After all it will pay for itself in the end.

Cheers,

Norrette