Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

GWF Badge

Guest KevinEndon

Still like the middle one of the three.

I really appreciate the offers of help.

I will now pick this project up and get us to the point where we have a product. I will obtain a few quotes and samples using the middle design. Assuming that is all OK, I will obtain - I'll fund it - a batch of 100 badges. I'll work out the pricing and set up a web page for taking orders. Obviously I'll keep up a news flow as this develops. I would hope we could get it wrapped up in a couple of weeks depending on getting samples back.

Have to say my own preference is for an enamel badge that will be of good quality and durability. If you know the WFA badge, something like that.

What would be great is is someone could volunteer to act as packer/despatcher. I would send the 100 badges to them and email details of the customer's delivery address as the orders come in. Your job would be to obtain some jiffy bags/address labels and send the goods out. I'll reimburse your postage and packing from takings. That would help me a lot.

Chris

I'll volunteer to be the packer/despatcher.

Regards Doug. :)

Just a thought but with such a limited initial number wont the cost be higher. As I said earlier if just a few of us (myself included) provided a slice of funding, a cheaper production cost may be possible and I am convinced demand will outstrip supply!

Regards

TT

I have the feeling that 100 may be a gross underestimate of the amount required.

Would it be an idea to make a pledge to buy, assuming the badges are no more than £5 each?

If so, may I order two please?

PS - Well doneTim

I have the feeling that 100 may be a gross underestimate of the amount required.

Would it be an idea to make a pledge to buy, assuming the badges are no more than £5 each?

Kate,I think your right saying 100 wont be enough as I'd want 2 or 3 meself & I think most folks would like a spare or 1 for all the family etc. but,I really believe a pledge system for advance orders wont work.

Do what we did when the forum needed cash for the extra space etc.

Put a link/paypal/address PO box & folks can pay in advance.I for one dont mind waiting a while at all.

Dave

How about those people who want one give Chris an indication that they WILL buy one and be held to it.? It will make it a lot easier on him.

Regards

Chris

I would have two for sure but in the first instance (from the first run) perhaps there should be a limit imposed to one per Forum member?. I would pay in advance to!

TT

Well done to everybody, especially Chris for making the decision.

I do think that selling less than 100 is a touch pesimistic though.

I will have two badges please.

Come on Biffo; get your order in.

Bet you we don't sell 100.

From what I can see so far, whether it is 50, 100 or 200 does not make a significant difference to price.

I think many may buy one, I just got bored of the 'shall we have' every few months, so have not commented before on this thread. Once there is one I shall buy one and I think many others will do the same.

regards

Arm

Terrific Chris, you are an officer and a gentleman.

I'll have one please and am happy to pay in advance.

Why not ask them what their turnaround times are for subsequent orders?

I'm having one too.

Mandy

Ok, it appears that this time the badges actually might eventuate so I suppose I'd better put in an order for a couple as well.

Tim L.

P.S. Did I mention there was meant to be a commission on each badge sold :lol:

P.S. Did I mention there was meant to be a commission on each badge sold :lol:

Don't even go there. Please!

Good luck with the sales. I'll be able to spot Pals wearing their badges soon. although, most will still look to scary to approach and speak to, I reckon.

Ok, it appears that this time the badges actually might eventuate so I suppose I'd better put in an order for a couple as well.

Tim, well done with the design, its great. However, I would hold your optimistic horses as there is still plenty of time for this to go pear shaped :blink: As they say....many a slip twixt cup and gob. :o

Andy

Nothing like optimism and that is nothing like it..................each to their own as they say.

Chris, you already have orders for 30 plus badges on this thread.

Congratulations on getting this far! Put me down for two please.

Cheers Terry