ABERDEEN, Peterhead
ARGYLLSHIRE, Appin

BERKSHIRE, Theale

BUCKINGHAMSHIRE, Radclive

CHESHIRE, Ashton-upon-Mersey, Sale

CORNWALL, Launceston

DERBYSHIRE, Bolsover, Linton, Parwich, Shirebrook, Taxal, Whaley Thorns
DEVONSHIRE, Plymouth

DURHAM, Chester-le-Street, (for Hartlepool see below under Yorkshire)

ESSEX, East Ham
GLAMORGANSHIRE, Crynant, Llandough, Swansea

GWYNEDD, Llanbedrog, Pwllheli
HAMPSHIRE, Southampton (Hollybrook Memorial)

HUNTINGDONSHIRE, Kimbolton

IRELAND, NORTH, Co. Antrim (Belfast), Co. Down (Bangor), Co. Leinster (Kenagh), Co. Londonderry (Coleraine, Dunboe, Londonderry), Co. Tyrone (Edenderry, Minterburn - when Emily Gray's CWGC headstone installed)

ISLE OF MAN, Marown

KENT, Ashford, Beckenham

LANCASHIRE, Ainsdale, Ashton in Makerfield, Chadderton, Greater Accrington, Liverpool (Kirkdale), Pendlebury

LINCOLNSHIRE, Billinghay, Blyton, Kirton in Lindsay, Mumby
LONDON/MIDDLESEX, Abney Park, Acton (unmarked plot), Camberwell, Camden, East Sheen, Hampstead, Harrow, Highgate (including unmarked plot), Islington (unmarked plot), Knightsbridge, Norwood x 2, Plaistow, St. Pancras, Wandsworth (Earlsfield), West Ham, Willesden

MONMOUTHSHIRE, Abersychan

NORTHAMPTONSHIRE, Barton Seagrave, Kettering
NORTHUMBERLAND, Haydon Bridge
NOTTINGHAMSHIRE, Cuckney, Gotham, Misterton, North Collingham,
OXFORDSHIRE, Oxford
SHROPSHIRE, Edgmond
STAFFORDSHIRE, Ogley Hay, Uttoxeter

SUFFOLK, Kessingland, Lowestoft, Mellis, Rushmere
SURREY, Brookwood, Burgh Heath, Chiddingfold, Kingswood
SUSSEX, Arlington, Bexhill-on-Sea, Eastbourne, Horsham
THE ORKNEYS, Isle of Hoy

WARWICKSHIRE, Smethwick
WILTSHIRE, Chippenham (2)

WORCESTERSHIRE, Alvesbury
YORKSHIRE, Allerton Bywater, Barnsley, Harrogate, Hartlepool, Headingly, Scarborough, Sheffield, South Anston

WORLD
ARMENIA, Erivan
AUSTRALIA, Western Australia (Albany, Denmark x 2), New South Wales (Kogarah, Millthorpe, Milton x 2, Rockwood, Rookwood, Waverley x 2), South Australia (Terowie), Tasmania (Holbart), Victoria (Langley, Swanwater)
BELGIUM, Brussels, Froyennes,
CANADA, New Brunswick (Sackville), Newfoundland (B
rigus), Nova Scotia (12), Prince Edward Island (Charlottetown, Souris), Quebec (Gatineau, Hull)

EGYPT, Alexandria

FRANCE, Chaumont, Estaires (2), Ecrouves (Muerthe-et-Moselle), Gironde, Hemévez (Normandy), Lamalou, Le Havre, Mentone, Mouleydier (Dordogne), Pys, Saint Amand les Aux
GUAM

INDIA, Bombay (3), Chennai, Deolali, Peshewar, Quetta, Trimulgherry
IRAQ, Amara, Baghdad (2), Basra (3)
IRELAND, Co. Donegal (Letterkenny), Dublin (Deansgrange, Drumcondra, Glasnevin and Dublin), Co. Limerick,
ITALY, Bordighera
MACEDONIA, Skopje
MALAWI, Blantyre

PAKISTAN, Karachi, Rawlpindi
SERBIA, Kragujevac (see Yugoslavia below)
SIBERIA, Tomsk

SRI LANKA, Kanatte

U.S.A. California (Fairfield, Mare Island, Pacheco, Redlands, San Andreas), Colorado (Pueblo, Wheat Ridge), Columbia, District of (Washington x 2), Harvard, Connecticut (Windsor), Illinois (Beardstown, Cairo, Evanston, Marion, Shelby County), Indiana (Argos, Farmersburg, Lafayette, Lebanon, Livonia, Roanoke), Iowa (Ames, Anamosa, Davenport), Kansas (Peabody), Massachusetts (Boston x 2, Foxborough), Mississippi (Natchez), Missouri (Jefferson City), New Jersey (Cresskill, Swedesboro, Trenton), New York (Bellevue, Brooklyn, Oneonta, Poughkeepsie, Rockland, Suffern), Ohio (Kent,), Pennsylvania (Allentown, Bedford, Fallsington, Newtown, Philadelphia, Pottstown, Reading, Ridgway, Rockledge, Scranton, Tamaqua, Wilkes-Barr), Texas (El Campo, San Antonio), Virginia (Fredericksburg), Washington (Washington), West Virginia (Clarksburg), Wisconsin (Superior)

YUGOSLAVIA, Chela Kula (7), Kragujevac (see Serbia above)

edit ongoing (later) - Nunhead (London), Ranworth (Norfolk), Baswich/Berkswich (Staffordshire) and Australia (Melbourne, Swanwick, Sydney), South Africa (Germiston (Transvaal)) now taken off.

- Launceston (Cornwall), Parwich (Derbyshire), Eastbourne (Sussex), Marown (Isle of Man), Beckenham (Kent), Mumby (Lincolnshire), Rushmere (Suffolk), Kingswood and Burgh Heath (Surrey x 2), Smethwick (Warwickshire), South Anston (Yorkshire), Australia (Holbart, Langley, Milton, Rockwood, Rookwood, Swanwater, Terowie, Waverley) added

Jim, who do you need from Albany, Australia ?

Peter, I have been looking at what I have for Nellie Saw, QAIMNS and what I still need. We have been in correspondence before about her. I have a photograph of her. I believe that my needs were a photo of her grave (1) and photos of her memorials which by my reckoning are a memorial in Albany erected by the citizens (2), the Albany Avenue of Honour (3), the Albany Weslyan Church Honour Board (4), Albany War Memorial (5), the Denmark Honour Board (6) and the Denmark War Memorial (7). You. Sandra Fedelmar and Bev McGuiness have been kind enough to share photographs. Having looked again I think that I have photographs of her grave ((1) from you and Sandra - this is Nellie with parents and sister either side. I also think that the (2) is the monolith on the grave). I have (3) and (4) from Sandra. I have (6) from Bev although I would like a better one if possible as it is rather low density. So I reckon for certain that I need the Albany War Memorial (5) and Denmark War Memorials (7) showing her name. Also I do not know if the CWGC afforded her one of their headstones when they adopted the grave in 2007 and, if so, that one.

Who is Bolsover? I have some 9th Bn Sherwood Foresters from there.

Steve

Steve, I am after photographs of the name of Margaret Elizabeth Bramfitt, VAD, whose name is on the Bolsover War Memorial. Also the name of nurse E. Carter which is also on there and confirmation as to which war she is commemorated for, Jim.

Jim

it was mucky in Chippenham Wilts yesterday , who do you want ? will see if I can but may be friday now.

Jim,

What are your requirements in Alexandria, please

Bob

Bob, I am after a photograph of the grave of Doctor Lucinda Catherine E, Forster who is buried in the New Protestant Cemetery, Chatby, Alexandria, Egypt.

Jim,

Who do you need at Beckenham and Nunhead?

Phil

Phil, Some of my Beckenham requirements have been provided to me within the past week by Trevor Penfold. Whilst Trevor has provided the plates of the complete names on the Beckenham War Memorial I should like to have much closer views of the names of Nellie Hawley and Jane Evans as the ones provided by Trevor I don't think will "blow up" sufficiently for my eventual publication.

The Nunhead one is a little more complicated. May Elizabeth Shaw, WRAF has her name entered on a screen wall at Nunhead (All Saint's) Cemetery. I have a photograph of her name on that. But it has been established that she is actually buried in plot sq.23, plot 10593. I am told that this part of the cemetery is only accessible by cemetery staff the reason for which I know not. The grave, whilst unmarked, I should like to have a photograph of for the record. It may be findable or it may mean having a member of staff available. Jim

Jim

it was mucky in Chippenham Wilts yesterday , who do you want ? will see if I can but may be friday now.

Thank you for the offer but I don't think that you can help me as my lady is rather elusive. She is Lilian Annie Stevens who lived and died in Cheltenham in the fourth quarter 1918. She was the wife of Hugh J. Stevens, a plumber living at 3 New Road, Chippenham and I know that she was buried in Chippenham but try as I may the cemetery alludes me. I keep her name current in case the cemetery pops up at some time. Jim

Phil, Some of my Beckenham requirements have been provided to me within the past week by Trevor Penfold. Whilst Trevor has provided the plates of the complete names on the Beckenham War Memorial I should like to have much closer views of the names of Nellie Hawley and Jane Evans as the ones provided by Trevor I don't think will "blow up" sufficiently for my eventual publication.

The Nunhead one is a little more complicated. May Elizabeth Shaw, WRAF has her name entered on a screen wall at Nunhead (All Saint's) Cemetery. I have a photograph of her name on that. But it has been established that she is actually buried in plot sq.23, plot 10593. I am told that this part of the cemetery is only accessible by cemetery staff the reason for which I know not. The grave, whilst unmarked, I should like to have a photograph of for the record. It may be findable or it may mean having a member of staff available. Jim

Jim,

PM received.

I have been driving past the Beckenham memorial every day, up until last Friday. Did Trevor survive the traffic to get out into the middle of the roundabout? I will try and get down there later this week.

Nunhead is a different story (see photo). I have seen the signs. I usually go there when it is quiet and there aren't likely to be ground staff about. I don't think the grave would ever have been marked with a CWGC stone and certainly not with a private one. The CWGC docs state "No Memorial". I have only ever found one WW1 CWGC headstone in the entire cemetery and that was on a private grave.

Shaw was buried in a common grave with six burials from 1919, when they raised the level above eight from 1869. I have looked at Square 23 in the past, as there are about fifty WW1 graves in there, from late 1918 and 1919, but none that I have found marked.

Phil

post-20576-0-58261700-1454337398_thumb.j

Jim,

I have a map, but if I don't come back, send out a search party. Hopefully I will be able to get there sometime soon.

By the way, I now have access to the Greenwich burial registers and the location I gave you for Margaret Durno is definitely correct. Florence A. Marshall is buried in the same grave.

Phil

Peter, I have been looking at what I have for Nellie Saw, QAIMNS and what I still need. We have been in correspondence before about her. I have a photograph of her. I believe that my needs were a photo of her grave (1) and photos of her memorials which by my reckoning are a memorial in Albany erected by the citizens (2), the Albany Avenue of Honour (3), the Albany Weslyan Church Honour Board (4), Albany War Memorial (5), the Denmark Honour Board (6) and the Denmark War Memorial (7). You. Sandra Fedelmar and Bev McGuiness have been kind enough to share photographs. Having looked again I think that I have photographs of her grave ((1) from you and Sandra - this is Nellie with parents and sister either side. I also think that the (2) is the monolith on the grave). I have (3) and (4) from Sandra. I have (6) from Bev although I would like a better one if possible as it is rather low density. So I reckon for certain that I need the Albany War Memorial (5) and Denmark War Memorials (7) showing her name. Also I do not know if the CWGC afforded her one of their headstones when they adopted the grave in 2007 and, if so, that one.

Jim

I do not think that the CWGC will erect a headstone to Nellie Saw as the current PM is a beautiful tribute. The photos I have of her grave memorial and a close-up are both 1.58 MB which I presume are the ones which you refer to. My photo of the Albany War Memorial from 2010 does not have her name on it, perhaps it has been added since. If you would like me to re-send please advise.

Peter

Jim

I do not think that the CWGC will erect a headstone to Nellie Saw as the current PM is a beautiful tribute. The photos I have of her grave memorial and a close-up are both 1.58 MB which I presume are the ones which you refer to. My photo of the Albany War Memorial from 2010 does not have her name on it, perhaps it has been added since. If you would like me to re-send please advise.

Peter

Peter, There is a photograph of the Albany War Memorial here :-

https://d38ls2kcjnhfdj.cloudfront.net/fbfaa0da-f491-4954-9867-3fb41f7c2ef4.JPG

Nellie's name is the very first on the listing. Jim

Have you got the Brant County roll of honour, in Brantford, Ontario, Jim?

IMG_2618.jpg

Jim

Is it the headstone of Rosamund Lord that you're wanting? I'm not sure whether I promised to look for this previously. I'll look in Radclive churchyard next time time I'm in the area, but I'm not sure when that will be

June

Jim

Is it the headstone of Rosamund Lord that you're wanting? I'm not sure whether I promised to look for this previously. I'll look in Radclive churchyard next time time I'm in the area, but I'm not sure when that will be

June

June, yes, her grave is said to be in Radclive Cemetery and also her name is on the Radclive War Memorial. I need both.

Jim

I've sent you an email with a photo of the War Memorial plaque. It can be seen on our website but the photo was too large to include here.

June

Jim

I've sent you an email with a photo of the War Memorial plaque. It can be seen on our website but the photo was too large to include here.

June

Received, thank you.