Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

'Last Absolution of the Munsters'

Mark Hone

Hello Marina,

it is very simple ;)

Radiogoniometry is the determination of the direction of arrival of an electromagnetic wave.

Radiogoniometry has two principal applications:

in navigation: the radiogoniometry of a transmitter fixes and known (a radio beacon or a radio beacon) allows to determine a place of position for the receiver and consequently a position by raising at least two transmitters.

in electronic war: the radiogoniometry of a hostile emission (radar, radio, homing head of missile) makes it possible to locate this transmitter either by employing several receivers in different positions, or by calculation according to the clean kinematics of the receiver.

Friendly

Michel

PS : I hope you understand, for me it is difficult ! :D:D

Hello Marina,

it is very simple ;)

PS : I hope you understand, for me it is difficult ! :D

:P

I am better informed, but none the wiser!!

Never mind - we know that Jean Marie has done something VERY impressive!

Thanks for posting!

Marina

Hello all,

do you want to see some drawings of projects of Chapels or memorials carried out by Jean-Marie?

Michel

Hello al,

lit seems to me again that in fact the ladies are very interested by my story and which would I not make no to satisfy them.

go, it left

Michel

post-10155-1171923564.jpg

post-10155-1171923592.jpg

The design looks very professional. Will there be a plaque or something to commemorate the Absolution?

And when will you tell us the story behind the dedication, Michel?

Marina,

that is a new design... among others... who has nothing to do with the old chapel, but you are right that look nice.

Grace,

yes the design looks professional and, of course, a plaque or other thing will commemorate the absolution.

For the dedication, you will be still patient, I am checking you know

Kim,

one will need many authorizations and especially money to arrive at the rebuilding, France is a country of which the laws on the rights of the ground are very complex

do you want others projects prepared by Jean-Marie ?

friendly

Michel

Michel,

Sequel to my post 315.

In December 1914 the 2nd battalion Royal Munster Fusiliers rescued the Nuns of Ypres, I am assuming these were from the Abbey. (sketch source:History - Ireland, vol 6 No. 1 Spring 1998, page 36 article by Tom Dooley, 'The Royal Munster Fusiliers).

James.

Post 315 - - re 'Dames of Ypres' did not fall under a Great War topic, therefore in line with Chris Baker's appeal to 'stick to the topic and Great War', I have deleted the post which was for the interest of Michel Knockaert.

James.

post-148-1172050556.jpg

James,

this story is very interesting, thank you very much

I appreciate much

friendly

Michel

for those which that interests,

here is another project of construction of chapel

Michel

post-10155-1172102019.jpg

follow

follow

post-10155-1172102095.jpg

post-10155-1172102147.jpg

curranl posted this ........ and I thought I would see what I could find about RSM Ring ....... !!

From Orange, Green and Khaki -

"On the evenng of 8th May, under command of Lt-Col. V.G.H. Rickard, 2nd Munsters once again marched towards the Front. At a French wayside shrine, Rickard halted the the Battalion and formed a hollow square before it. On three sides were the rifle companies, and facing them on horseback were Col. Rickard, his adjutant, Capt. Filgate and the Chaplain, Father Gleeson. Gun flashes added to the semi-light of a spring evening; gunfire and shell explosions reminded all of the ordeal to come. All bared their heads and the light breeze ruffled hair and caused to flutter the green company standards. Father Gleeson's stole made a splash of soft colour. The chaplain raised his right hand and intoned general absolution and all sang the Te Deum. Then, to the barked command of RSM Ring the march resumed towards the sound of the guns."

This is of course from James' site !!

http://royalmunsterfusiliers.net/o7ring.htm

Medal card of Ring, John

Royal Munster Fusiliers

Warrant Officer Class 1

Royal Munster Fusiliers

Company Serjeant Major

Date

1914-1920

http://www.rootschat.com/links/019z/

I am going to let you all into a little secret. Last weekend I was in France and I spent Sunday evening in the company of three lovely gentlemen, one of whom was our friend Michel. I was delighted to discover that he is not only a charming man, but that his passion for his research is as genuine as it appears here.

Thank you Michel, for the research and information which you have brought to us – and for the champagne!

V.

Thought this may be of interest ! following on with trying to find RSM John Ring ............

The Regimental Sergeant Major of the 2nd Battalion RMF John Ring did not come from Limerick, though he settled in Limerick after his career in the army was over - he had originally hailed from Bandon, Co. Cork

( Tadhg Moloney 2004 )

Annie :)

Hello Annie,

Father GLEESON looks so young... he was young... he was 31 years old at the time of "the last absolution"

Michel