Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Who or What is your Avatar

hmsk212

• Admin

After 6 years I decided to change mine! New one is myself and Wayne walking near the Lone Tree September 25th this year.

After nearly a year, finally decided to have one (friends would say that's fast moving for me!) It is the cross in London Cemetery, Neuville Vitasse with the sun behind it. Looks better in full size.

One of the decorations in (or in this case in a corridor just outside) the Hall of Remembrance in Liverpool Town Hall. The artist has shown two faces and a skull, with, below 'Cheerio, Carry On'. This seems to have been his impression of life resuming after the horrors of war, using words familiar to a Tommy.

EDITED

Now showing 20th (Light) Divisional sign in memory of an uncle.

D

B) Mine's a wristwatch, attached to a wrist holding a dog wearing shades wishing that he'd been a helicopter pilot in Vietnam. :lol:

My current one is strictly time-limited.

• 2 weeks later...

Mine is the symbol of the 60th London Division, where my Great Grand-pa served during the war.

I have just found out how to work this Avatar business........and so I put on my late wonderfull cat

'Stripeyman', note the intelegent look, just like me, just joking (or am I.....?).

Bob

Me at the Machine Gun Corps Old Comrades Association Exercise Parting Shot Had the privilidge of training the Vickers Gun Crews (RLC Recruits) in the drills required to live fire the vickers. Got to shoot them myself. After nearly 32 Years in the army it was a chance in a lifetime type of event.

Currently a test tube of Kwak. If you haven't tried it, dont knock it!

Gunner Bailey

My Dad's KRRC cap badge. Uncleaned since forever as it supposedly contains some French/Belgian mud, if you look closely!!

Bob

My G/grandfather Pte Patrick Joseph Shannon (307306), 1/8th Battalion The Kings Liverpool Regiment (L/pool Irish)....Wounded in France 1916.

Tom.

Qfegd.

• 4 weeks later...

Taken from the WW German poster

'Helft uns siegen! Zeichnet die Kriegsanleihe'

or

Help us triumph! Subscribe to the War Loan.

Peter

Ok, this is really nerdy and long-winded.

I've been a big Star Trek fan since I was a teenager. I read about how Brannon Braga, one of The Next Generation writers, had a crazy physics teacher while at the University on Montana who claimed the root of everything in the universe was the number 47. As a little tribute, Braga would sneak '47' into Trek episodes as much as possible. My sister and I used to try and find all the instances of 47 being said in every episode. I adopted it as my personal favorite number and used it for any sports game I played in ... I even have a personalized England football shirt with my name and #47 on it. So imagine my joy at finding out that the standard round capacity for a Lewis gun pannier was 47! Thus, the avatar.

• 1 month later...