Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Who or What is your Avatar

hmsk212

The Re-strike/fake Leeds Pals badge was getting a little tired so I've changed it to a human. Anyone know who mine is/was?

Nigel

Jim Laker

My avatar is my daughter. :wub:

She is called Dorien (that's probably 'Doreen' to people in the English speaking world),

but as far as she is concerned you may call her 'Milady'... ;)

Yes,

Well done Steve, however I fear I may have to live with the Leeds Pals badge for a while yet at work, access to the computer's cache is disabled and I cannot, therefore, get into it to empty it.

Not to worry.

Cheers,

Nigel

how could it be else my greatgranddaddy :rolleyes:

(see underlining ;) )

greets arneken

Monsieur Souri,

patron de chez Chantal et emmerdeur a tout le monde.(souris sans S).

6 inch howitzer in action in Iraq, note the projectile caught in mid flight in the photo.

And no before you ask, it's not a chemical shell. :ph34r::rolleyes:

post-16790-1184227333.jpg

:ph34r:

SMJ

My avatar( the grouik) is the embleme of my EOD team based in the french Ardennes

compo Sui Lui

post-21808-1184508632.jpg

My grandfather, Douglas Stacey-Green, Born 21 Jun 1897, Aston Manor, Warwickshire, Died 19 April 1981, Shepparton, Victoria, Australia.

Served with the A.I.F. 11TH Division, 20TH Battalion, service number 4428.

My avatar is my husbands grandfather, Robert Girvan 15th Royal Irish Rifles.

Mine is my Grandfather, George Lockwood East Yorkshire Regiment & Labour Corps

Battle of Pusschendaele maybe?

Mine is a painting of my Great Grandfather that was found in my Great Aunts Cupboard a couple of months ago, which has now been framed along with his medals and has bride of place in on my living room wall.

Tom

• 1 month later...

My avatar is my Gt Gt Uncle - 352060 Sgt Francis Gerard GARLAND of the 154th Heavy Battery, Royal Garrison Artillery.

He was killed on 22 March 1917, aged 26, and is buried in Dickebusch New Military Cemetary, nr Ypres.

It was finding some photos of him in amongst my Nan's old photos over 15 years ago that first got me interested in WW1 - and since then (as you can see from my signature) during researching my Family Tree, I have come across many other members of my "extended" family who served during the Great War, and I'm adding to these all the time.

I've visited his grave twice now, as I know that none of his family ever did, and feel priveliged to be able to pay my respect to him for his sacrifice....

Three of Francis Garland's nephews were also killed during WW1 - they are the men in red at the top of my signature....

FrancisGGarland.jpg

HeadstoneFGGarland.jpg

Mine is quite simply my Grandfather and namesake Pte 64457 John Duncan RAMC. It's part of a photgraph he had taken of him with the Belgian family that cared for him whilst he recovered his eyesight after being gassed. I often wonder who they were, he was very grateful to them. I would post it here but it's way too big. :rolleyes:

My Great Uncle George Williams name on the panel to the missing at Tyne Cot.

Not forgotten